Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 months and 14 pounds lost

In my defence.. I have lost the 14 pounds in the last month after 8 months of being banded. I maintained my weight for the 8 months buy no loss. It took me that long to feel restriction. I'm writing this to encourage those who are going through the same thing. Go for ur fills, eat right, drink ur Water and at the very least walk as much as you can. It adventually does happen.

Starting 242

Now 228

Height 5 2

Band 14cc

Banded Feb 2013

My loss seems a little slow to me as well, but I'm still trying to figure out how to eat with my band and also increasing my exercise. Personally I think slower is better because then maybe you will be able to keep it off. Hang in there! I keep telling myself this is a marathon not a sprint. I would love to step on the scale and see my weight down 50lbs, but I also want to do it in a healthy way.

You know, I'm having a similar problem. Of course I'm only 2 wks out of surgery, but I really don't feel like there's much restriction. Some, but not much. I've been eating very little, and at first lost 16 lbs, but in the last few days the scale says I've gained 3! This is very frustrating for all the pain I've been through.

<p>You know, I'm having a similar problem. Of course I'm only 2 wks out of surgery, but I really don't feel like there's much restriction. Some, but not much. I've been eating very little, and at first lost 16 lbs, but in the last few days the scale says I've gained 3! This is very frustrating for all the pain I've been through.</p>

I'm exactly with U! I had my lapband 2+ weeks ago - Oct 23rd and I'm barely down 10lbs w little to no restriction. My incision hurts, I feel like I have foreign object in my body & eating ZERO sugar - I'm staying focused but I get down looking at my big budda gut :(

We're in it together.

Mine too! Right at the port site. It's so painful. And it's been swelling pretty badly. I hope that's all normal. I really feel like the past two weeks my body has been saying "what the heck is this? Get it out of here!" LOL But EVERYBODY I've spoken to whose had it done says it's worth it in the end. Three steps forward, two steps back, but we're still moving forward. :)

Patience is hard on Banders. It will take a long time to lose the weight that it took a lifetime to gain. NO miracles, just hard work and a strong effort on your part. One day at a time. Start walking a little bit each day if possible. Get away from the kitchen table.

Best wishes and Keep the Faith.

14 pounds in 9 months does seem slow. I had 2 cc at surgery and now 9 months later have 6 cc in 10cc band. Each of us is different. Restriction is in the band as well as the mind for me. I had to tell myself that I was restricted from the start even though it took nearly 6 months to see green. Have given away nearly 90 pounds. Best of luck