Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you notice hair loss?

Hi everybody!

Was just wondering when, after surgery, you started to see any hair loss.

I have noticed a lot more coming out the last few days. Could just be the time of year or it could be the surgery catching up to me!

Just wondering! Thanks!

My hair didn't start falling out until I was almost 5 months out from banding. Mine was falling out for about 6 weeks. :) Make sure that your Multivitamin has Biotin in it - I've read that it can help.

It was about 6 months out for me. I took Biotin along with my regular multivitamin. I lost hair for about 6 weeks, but all is good now. (My hair is healthier now!)

My hair was falling out a few months after surgery, but it was the fall, and it just seemed to be a shed cycle. I noticed that it was thinner than it had been, but not thinner than it had ever been (if that makes sense).

I always lose tons of hair anyway, its disgusting, it's all over the bathroom. Lately I suspect I'm losing even more, my brushes are always full, I seem to be cleaning them all the time, when I dry my hair in the morning, I always have to pull hairs off my clothes, they hang all over me, that kind of thing. But my hair doesnt appear any thinner or weaker than it was and I did also have the bio ionic straightening done a few months ago too. I'm 5 months out from surgery. I'm not too worried as I dont appear to be going bald, its just more annoying than anything becuase I hate cleaning it up. You try and clean the bathroom and all you do is smear hair all over the place.

I have long hair though too (mid back which is the longest its ever ever been and about the longest it will grow) - so lots of my hair would be at the end of its growing cycle and falling out naturally too.

I had no Hair loss at all until 3 months and then I lost atleast 60% or my hair in the front on either side (like a man with a receeding hair line). I couldn't wear it pulled back anymore since it looked so bad. Now, at 7 months the area is regrowing and I have hair there that is about 1.5" long......This happened after I had my kids too. I still do loose some hair, but not at the rate it was going at 3-5 months, and for the record, I take 2 Biotin tabs daily-- I do think it helps..............

OMG my hair is falling out like a freakin dog shedding, it started about 5 - 6 months and its still coming out, I bet I lost 1/2 of my hair :D I'm waiting for it to stop.. I have strands left :)

Mine starting coming out about 4 months after surgery. I think it has finally stopped. For a while it was alot at one time then as time went on it started to slow down. Don't get me wrong, it itsn't as much hair as before but I have all of those little hairs sticking up all over from re-growth. Hopefully this means it will be back to normal soon.

At four months post-op, I started noticing Hair loss. It has slowed down, but definitely is still thinner. I find hair on my pillow, in the tub, etc. I cut mine short - used to wear it pulled up and back, but the sides are sooooo thin now, it started to look really weird.

I started losing large amounts about 1.5 months out and only recently has it slowed down. I probably lost about a third of all my hair. I am almost afraid of regrowth since it will probably look shaggy.

I am careful about my Protein, take a Centrum daily plus half a Biotin. Guess it's just me.