Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Just checking in to let the Junebies know I know where to find the thread!

Barb123- I'm sorry about the loss of your friend. It sounds like she enjoyed her time on earth.

Like Barbara said if I stay in my subscribed threads I seem to find us. Not sure why we got moved, but we will find each other.

Fill is scheduled for one week from Tuesday. They must have lost their fill nurse so waiting for the next one. I can eat too much. However, I am noticing some heartburn now. Going back to stomach doctor end of month to get results of biopsies and to schedule the colonscopy. Scheduling all my other yearly mainenance :smile:

Glad to see that everyone is finding the new location. I have no idea why they moved us. I guess they are just trying to clean up the boards.

Barb12 --so sorry to hear about your loss of your friend. By the way --how is your back feeling from your injury?

Barb4 --I hope that your fill goes well next week and that the heartburn is just a little stump in the process and will go away. Let us know how you are doing.

Mary --how is your training for your half marathon going? I read an article in Runners magazine that I think has changed the way I jog. It was speceific to new runners and said that one of the major mistakes we make is to have a stride that is too wide (or long). I have since shortened my stried and it has allowed me to get into a great rhythm without feeling strain on my musles. Just wanted to share that with you. Let us know how your training is going.

I had a NSV this morning. I jogged 3.5 miles. The last half mile took a bit of a stretch for me but I made it!!! Still at turtles pace but that will improve with time.

I also had a scale victory ---I am at an all time new low of 191 pounds. 2 pounds and I will be in the 180s. I haven't seen the 180s in probably 7 years. I hope to reach that goal by the end of this week.

I hope everyone is doing great.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Melissa Lea

Ok, a good thing about this board has always been accountability for me. So, since Melissa asked....I didn't start "training" on Wednesday because my period started and I had cramps and I capitalized on having an excuse NOT to exercise... I did ride my stationery bike for 30 minutes last night and I walked 6 1/2 miles by the lake today. I did some jogging "spurts" and boy, were my lungs burning! I think I still had some leftover phlegm from my sickness last month, cuz I was coughing it up(Sorry! TMI, I know!) Anyhoooo, I have been good about Water and Vitamins. I wish I had a treadmill instead of a bike. That would help me because one of my big issues is being self-conscious about running in public. I realized I need some new shoes too. Ok, no more excuses. I will get serious this week. Thanks for letting me rant. Have a good week!

Junebies are still easy to find!

I start the "Total Loser" program at our church tomorrow and NONE TOO SOON! Of course, I had to load up on no no's today in case I miss tomorrow!

The condo has a "pending" contract on it. I'm almost home free. For those of you who share an intuitive spirit, I had a vision of the front door of the condo - couldn't understand the large square of sparkly glass covering the ground in front of it (maybe 12' square). Perhaps all will go as smooth as glass! In the meantime, I've met a great gal who is showing the condo for me (lives in the bldg one over). She's an admitted Mrs. Cravitz.

I'd love a vision for my new diet/exercise plan. I have to say my 2 new buddies that will be on my team are already an inspiration. 2 no nonsense gals.

I've learned that I can eat more standing up. Not such a good revelation. My band works perfectly well seated at the table.

I love "hearing" from you guys. Please keep posting.

Almost finished with real estate chapter in my life and another major challenge is looming large. Funny how life keeps us on our toes.

TL weigh in wasn't so bad. Defintely firmly established in the 190's, but weighing in at night fully clothed wasn't a deal breaker to onderland. Whew!

Losing 20 pounds is my minimum goal for the next 3 months!

Still struggling to get started on the TL program. Life happens and there's really no excuse. On the road again today. I'm up early enough to pack a lunch, Snacks, Water, and exercise. Have a good one.

Hey There!

Mary don't fret about running in public. I use to feel the same way. But now, I just find that people who are out exercising (no matter the shape and size) are supportive of one another trying to live a healthy life style.

Pinky--glad to hear that your condo has some movement on it and hopefully will be off of your hands in no time. Congrats on the TL. I am so glad to hear that you decided to join. Keep us up to date.

Melissa

Hi guys. I am also not getting emails about post. Well I haven't lost much since last post maybe a pound or 2. My life is such a whirlwind that i find myself just going through the motions. So I decided I would go ahead and share something with all of you. I know you have been reading my negative post about how screwed up my life is right now. well one thing I haven't shared with ya'll is a good part of why it is screwed up. My husband 7 weeks ago had an accident at work and he has a severe Brain injury. We are not quite sure if he is ever going to be the same again. He is unable to work, drive or for the most part think straight. He has slurred and slow speach, his face droops, I am convinced he is having TIA's (mini strokes), he goes through bouts of total confusion. He is dizzy all the time and falls down a lot, his head hurts constantly and throws up almost on a daily basis either from the pain or dizzyness. So besides working full time and taking care of a small child, my beloved hubby is now a completely different person that I have to do everything for also. And that don't even take into the consideration the fact that we are being sued for 40thousand dollars on top of all of this. So in case any one was thinking that my negativity of my post was just due to my lack of weight loss please know it is not. BUT i still have not picked up a cigarette, and I am going to get a fill tommorrow, and I am believing that God is gonna let something good happen out of all of this. Gotta believe that or I would be posting from my padded cell right now. PLEASE keep us in your prayers.

I am so happy all of you are doing so wonderfully, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I wish I could be online more often to support you all, but I just do not have the time anymore. Keep up the good work everyone....

I am so so sorry Regina! I can't even begin to understand what you are going through, but I know you are strong enough to get through it. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. You have been through so much and I hope things improve for you soon. You deserve a break!

Regina,

I am an attorney, though I am in California, so if you need any legal advice on how to protect yourselves, feel free to pm me. I lost my husband from from metastatic melanoma when my kids were 7 and 1. Know that you have the strength to survive this and that you will find that strength as you need it. All of us here will support you when you need us also. From what I know about brain injury, recovery can be very slow, you probably know that too, but don't give up.

I also have found little to post about. My kids have their traumas and challenges on a daily basis, which leaves me drained financially and emotionally. I am not doing well with my long distance relationship at this time, and my mom has been suffering from hallucinations and delusions from dementia, so my dad is leaning on me heavily. Sometimes it seems life is a long challenge. food used to be my best friend. Without it I feel a little lost at times. Not losing for now, but at least maintaining.

It's good to have this place to come to.

Reginia I'm so sorry to hear your news. You and your family are in my prayers. You will find the strength to get through this I know.

Cathy it sounds like you are in need of a few prayers as well. Isn't it funny how we were all strangers and yet we find more than our lapbands to have in common. It sounds like you and Reginia may be able to help each other.

PinkyLee hope the deal goes through. It would be nice to have that burden removed.

As for me, the fill kicked in. I'm having some issues and I also think heartburn. I'm only eating bland things when I can eat. I go to stomach doctor at end of month. I'll probably cancel the fill for next week. I'll give it a few more days, but I don't think a fill is the answer for me.

Healing thoughts go out to all.

Oh Regina I am so sorry to hear your news. I will be praying for your family.

No news on my lap band front or hind end for that matter...

Regina and Cathy --you are in my thoughts and prayers. Please come here to the Junebies to vent anytime that you need.

Barb4 --i hope that your stomach will be alirght and the heartburn will resolve.

Pinky --i hope the deal goes thru as well. Let us know.

Everyone else --I hope that you are doing well. It's nice to hear from you all.

Melissa Lea