Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Happy New Year Everyone! It looks like people are feeling more hopeful so far.

Mary --Congratulations on reaching your goal. You're an inspiration to us.

Barb4 --Hope you make it through day 5 without any problems.

Barb12 -- I hope you get to feeling better soon. Just do what you can.

Julie --You're doing lots better and I hope Weight Watchers helps also.

Regina --I hope that you feel better soon and can get back on track.

Melissa Lea -- Keep up the hard work. It will show.

I've been relying on my fill (which did the trick - jump started me again) and have stopped exercising. This happened last year when it got cold in the evenings. I just can't get outside for my walk after a long day at work. I've started getting anxious and depressed again, and that may be one of the causes. Don't know what to do about that. I hope to drop this last 25 in six months, but I will need to exercise to do it.

Day 5 has past and so far so good. Soft foods for one more day and then on to solids. I am hungry, but noticed I don't drink my Protein Drink until around 10. I have 2 cups of coffee throughout the morning. Maybe I have some resriction in the morning without realizing it.

If all continues well I will try for another fill in 4 weeks. I don't think 2cc will give me the restriction I need. Lost 3 lbs of the 10 I gained.

Cathy I know exactly how you feel with the cold weather. I am pulling out my good old mini trampoline and jump/jog on it while watching television on some evenings. It will get me moving and that's better than just sitting. It makes sense in my brain.

Barb4 --congrats on making it thru day 5 with your fill. I hope that all your troubles with your band are behind you.

Melissa

Thank you everyone for your congratulations. I'm feeling better about being at goal. It's still strange to grab a Medium off the rack at stores and it actually fits. My hands still go automatically to the XLs and when I go to the fitting room, I'm like, oh! I'm not that big!

Glad you are doing well and down 3 pounds Barb! Keep that momentum going!

Hey-are we doing a 2 year bandiversary gathering? I know it is 6 months away, but last year, we planned early. We could go back to Vegas and see Bette and have more join us-or go to Costa Rica for brachiopalsties-HA! Just putting feelers out-let me know if anyone is interested!

Vegas is always a good place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do want to do my arms this year. I'm hoping to get some serious weight off first. I found a surgeon here that would do it for a reasonable price. Of course, I'm up for Costa Rica and those healing resorts!!!!

The Rio hotel are suites. I've never stayed there, but that might be something to consider when sharing rooms.

Day 7 and all is well. I don't think I have much restriction, but today will be solids. I'm going to a brunch so we'll see how I do. I will wait a few more weeks and then go in for .5. That should give me restriction!!!

Hi all just checking in. I am feeling much better. I do need to share one tibit with ya'll on the weight gain though. Even though I have gained between 10-15 lbs back in the last 3 months, I HAVE KICKED THE SMOKING HABIT!!!! I have not had one in 2 months now. So now I have that gone I need to concentrate on getting my weight back down. Just for some accountability I am going to list here all the things I am doing wrong and need to change. Here it goes, boy bad habits creep in fast:

- not taking Vitamins

- not exercising

- eating junk food (chips Cookies etc)

- not drinking Water

- not getting Protein in

I do not have restriction but that is no excuse, so i am going to try to add stuff back in a little at a time, starting today, getting my water and moving more....

I have been doing these bad habits for a while and since my health problems last year and my weight lost I have not gone to a doctor and had a physical or blood done or anything. I think I need to do that because my immune system sucks.

Ok guys I know I have lost more than some but remember I haven't lost a pound in a year and I need some motivation and support from my lap band friends here!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT!!!! You all are the second to know (I was the first lol). I jogged 2 MILES today without stopping!!!! And darn it, I am going to jump for joy!!!! Granted, it was 2 very slow miles but it was 2 miles :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: Now if more weight loss would follow. I know it will in time. I can tell since I have been working out rather consistantly (aerobics only) the last 2 months I have lost inches.

Regina --congrats on 2 months of smoke free!!! That is a HUGE accomplishment. Your Junebies are here for ya. We never left.

Mary --you should be proud of making your goal. Even though you may feel dumb, jump for joy (in your underwear if you wish). ALLOW yourself to make a big deal out of it.

Barb4 --let us know how you are doing on solids.

Everyone else that stops by and lurks ...drop us a line and let us know how your doing 19 months out.

Melissa Lea

solid food today and all is well. I'll call for a fill next week as I know now I need it.

Quitting smoking is huge. Its right up there with all the weight loss goals. It is an important step for your ongoing and long range health. I'm so proud of you. Now that you have that under control you can turn your attentions back to weight loss. However, I have to tell you that food keeps tasting better the longer out you are from quitting smoking. :P

Good to hear from some of you that we haven't heard from for a while. What about the others? Where are you?

Yay Regina! Quitting smoking is HUGE! I know from personal experience how tough it is to quit and I am so proud of you. The good thing about the weight loss is, you know exactly what you aren't doing. Just start tackling those things on your list one at a time. Get all your Water in tomorrow or take a Vitamin or something and get back in the swing of it. It is hard to remember everything we need to do every day!

Melissa- 2 miles running is AWESOME!! My cousin and I are actually planning to do a run in June and my first day is Wednesday to start training. I told her I would decide by the end of the month if I am actually going to go through with the run!

Barb-I'm happy you are doing well on solids. Be careful with those fills-don't be too aggressive! But hopefully having those polyps removed will help you tolerate more fill. You got 50 pounds off, I know you can get 50 more!!

A sort of NSV today-I gave blood! The last few times I've tried, my Iron was low. I've been taking liquid iron, but it wasn't helping, so I changed brands and I was fine today. I'm in the 5 gallon club at my local blood bank and I want to get to 10!

You guys make me proud!!!! Congrats to everyone!

Regina - you reminded me that our band lifeplan is really simple - Water, Vitamins, exercise, etc.

Check, check, check - doing none of the above. Exercise was my mantra - mainly to fight depression. somehow I didn't pack the depression in our last move. I've been walking and golfing some, but unless I schedule it, exercise somehow isn't on the radar like it once was.

Dental surgery and condo still have me driving more than I'd like. Freedom seems imminant and I'm excited at the prospect.

I've regained the five pounds I lost and I deserve each pound!

Time to get back to the basics!

So wonderful to hear from each of you.

I don't know why but I'm not getting an e-mail to tell me when there are new posts on Junbies so I haven't checked in for a few days and I was pleasantly surprised to see all of the posts the last few days.

Put me on the list of those who has gained a few pounds as of late. My eating habits have changed with changes in my personal life and obviously my new habits are not so good. The only good thing is I am eating better food and not just junk, but the bad thing is with less stress in my life my band seems to be more relaxed and I am eating MORE food. It will all balance out I am sure and I'm not concerned. I have great faith in my band and in my own ability to conquer this weight thing. I just refuse to feel pressured to do it all "today".

Early morning eating has always been an issue with me and I am making a real effort to put something solid in my stomach before 9 a.m. each day. fruit juice and Cereal is about all that I've been able to handle and I'm talking only a few spoonsful of Cheerios..........but it's more than before and I do find that eating in the morning helps me be more balanced all day long. Don't feel the need to consume large amounts of food later in the day. Large amounts! What a joke compared to LARGE amounts of food two years ago.

Vegas? Did someone say, Vegas? I'm up for another anniversary trip. It doesn't have to be Vegas, but it is one of my favorite vacation spots. The Rio suites are pretty nice but remember it is not on the strip and to go anywhere else you need transportation. It's much too far to walk to Margaritaville. I am very flexible and happy to go anywhere. Any other Junbies out there interested?????

It is great to hear from so many people.

Barb12 --go in and check your settings. Your email alert may have gotten turned off. Glad to hear from you and know you are doing well.

Mary --with the jogging thing, don't over do it starting off. For 2 weeks I jogged every other half mile for 3 to 4 miles and then built from there. I eventually went to every other half mile, etc. Again, I am at no marathon pace but it is nice to get the heart rate up and good sweat ....makes me feel l ike i am accomplishing something.

Pinky --glad to know that you are golfing and doing other things that you enjoy. Those 5 pounds will come off. No stress over it :rolleyes:.

Have a great Day Everyone!

Melissa Lea

I moved this thread into the June 2006 forum.

Hey Everyone!!! Our forum got moved. We are under the "Lap Band Support Groups" then "Monthly Support Groups". I hope that everyone finds us.

Perhaps we should do a roll call and try and get our regular posters here. Please drop a quick line and let us know you found our new location.

Melissa Lea

Good Morning,

As long as it stays in my "subscribed threads" under "quick links", I'll find ya!

I have been out of town for a few days and I lost a couple pounds. Sad that I do so much better when I am away from my house and my refrigerator. I just get all the bad stuff cleaned out of my house and then I find an excuse to load up again. "my grandkids come over and there's never any snack food in the house for them".............."I just need some ice cream in the freezer for those nights when I just absolutely have to have something sweet".............."I'll just buy these Dove chocolates for emergencies"...I know you all know them.

Life is good. Enjoy each day. I just lost a friend in Florida. She went to work Wednesday morning, sat laughing and having coffee with everyone, went into her office to begin work and an hour later they found her dead. She was very overweight with all the problems that go with it. But she was a very happy woman who laughed and loved telling her joke of the day. Everyday is precious. Tell those you care about that you love them, say you're sorry to those you may have hurt and forgive those who may have hurt you. Life is too short to be wasted on trival things. Enjoy today.