Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

well I am 5'5 and my docs goal for me was 150, and i think i should be 145. So I think it just depends more on how you feel and how you look. I decided once i get to his goal of 150, then I would decide if I should go my last 5. However since I can't even get to his goal then i dunno.... LOL!!!

I WILL BE THERE IN 2008!!!!!!

You know your body and how you feel better than anyone.

Merry Christmas to all! My family and I are leaving to go to Illinios on Friday for Christmas, hopefully the weather will be ok, they are having a blizzard right now, lol.

So if your traveling or not be safe and God Bless!!!!

Mary - Congratulations on breaking into the 150's!!! Hearing a doc say "your weight is fine" is a major milestone. I would base my decision on the last five pounds on how my clothes are fitting. Another five pounds might put you in between sizes - or it might make things fit "just right". Enjoy the delima.

About that depression.....nothing wrong with meds, but I'd try St. John's Wart if you haven't already. I like GNC's Power Herbs. The kind you have to take on a schedule. The timed release didn't work for me. St. John's Wart brought me immediate relief when prescriptions didn't help. Everyone's so different. There's help out there. Are you exercising?

You are inspiring.

The doc called and wants a stool sample now! He is concerned about my Iron level and wants me to take an iron supplement. I was already taking one, so I guess I need to increase the dosage! I think I want to get to 150 just to say I got there and then if I gain 5 pounds back, I can feel ok that it is what the doctor recommended! I was 154 this morning, so 4 pounds by New Years!! I can do it! Happy Tuesday everyone.

Pinky- I did try St. John's Wort several years ago with not much result. I may try again if I don't snap out of my funk soon. I haven't been exercising as much because I was sick(still am) and I'm so busy with 2 jobs. I do burn alot of calories in my 2nd job being on my feet the whole time and often lugging big items. I was going to go for a walk at the lake after work yesterday, but it was getting dark after I got off work and finished all my errands. I'll try to ride my stationery bike tonight-thanks for the reminder. Being accountable here is something that kept me on track in the past. I also haven't been listening to my hypnosis CDs, so maybe I'll do that tonight. It's so hard to remember to do all the things that work all the time.

My cold is officially in my chest now and since I have asthma, I am a coughing fool! I hope it doesn't affect my band. I do feel a bit tight. I think it is just the congestion and some irritation from coughing so much.

I had the esphagus test today. No problem with my esphagus, but I had pollups removed. I think he said 3, but lots of them around my stomach. There was also the number 7 so I'm not sure he removed 7, but biopsy 3. You know that wonderful stuff they give you. Anyway, in 1996 I had knee surgery. They gave me meds that caused pollyps to form in my stomach. The symptoms were I would just start throwing up and feeling really, really bad. Once they took out the pollups I was OK. I'm hoping that this is the problem with my fills and now they are gone. I am back on Acifex so what they say about never having to be on that is not true.

I've made an appointment for a fill on the 31st at 10:30 am. I don't want another day to go by without a fill once this vacation is over. I didn't let them put anything back in just in case this didn't clear up my issues. However, I am very optimistic that it did.

Sorry for the spelling errors. Trying to do this quickly and too lazy to look up spellings. :)

If I can now get myself packed I would be ready for vacation. We leave Saturday and spend the night in Ft. Lauderdale. The cruise ship leaves on Sunday. Looking forward to a few days in the sun.

May all of you have a very happy holiday. Enjoy and be thankful for all that we have accomplished!

Barbara........great news. I know this is going to solve all your problems and you will be on the road to your goals in 2008. Have a wonderful cruise, relax, eat and enjoy yourself.

Barbara,

I will keep my fingers crosse you've solved the problem. Have a wonderful cruise.

To all the Junebies, have a wonderful holiday without too much stress. Here's to a great 2008 for all of us.

Yeah for Barbara!!! Have a wonderful cruise, put everything but fun and R & R on hold for all of us will yah?

I'm so ready for 2008.

Barb465 that's great news that nothing serious was found. I hope that the removal of the polyps helps solve your problem. Hope you enjoy your curise and have a fantastic fill on the 31st.

I have had a SV and a NSV the past week over Christmas. The scale Victory is that I have not gained or lost an ounce. I staid exactly the same with all the Holiday eating and that was my goal. NSV is that I bought and wearing a regular size 14P jean. I wasn't going to buy them but my Aunt said I looked great and that I have to get use to not wearing clothes that have so much added material.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season thus far. Happy New Year. If I don't talk to you again before then, I catch you in the new year.

Melissa

Well, it's official. I am at goal. I really thought I would be more excited, but I'm not. Once again reiterating that weight loss doesn't make all your problems go away. I hope everyone is doing well. I'll update my ticker when I get home from work later.

sogal congrats. A job well done. The realization that you are at goal will come in small ways. Don't worry about not feeling the big "wow". We are so proud of you!!!! and a little green!!!!!

Melissa I think you should be so proud as well. I can't imagine how you have dealt with all the changes in your life and still managed to keep on track. Wear those tight jeans (or fitted jeans) with pride.

Weight loss doesn't make us happy. That comes from how we decide to live our life. Happiness comes from our attitudes.

I've learned a few things on this journey that have surprised me, but lessons I needed to learn. I now know since the unfill that I can't be trusted with food. I have not dealt with my issues with food. The lapband is just a tool that prevents us from being the gluttens we are. I would gain every ounce back if it were not for the lapband. My wanting to be thinner, my pride in my appearance, the smaller clothes, are not enough to keep me from the appeal of food. It is an addiction. And to be honest with all of you, it scares the heck out of me.

I didn't realize what a pull food has on me. I have eaten all the foods I haven't in 18 months. Even when I didn't want it, I was eating. I don't know why that is, but I need to figure that out to move forward.

I'm off to get my fill. Not sure what I will end up with,, but this is a start over for me. I'll update my ticker to reflect the new fill later today and the weight gain. :)

As we enter the new year may we all find peace and contentment in our life. May we adjust to the new bodies and find happiness within ourselves.

Love you my fellow junebies. I couldn't have made this journey without you.

Hope there aren't too many hang overs out there. None here. Almost didn't stay awake to see the new year. I haven't been a New Year's Eve celebrator for several years.

Socalgal, how wonderful. I'm sure you are disappointed that you aren't feeling the big WOW but it is great that you have done what has been such a challenge for many of us. You should take great pride in your accomplishment. I am sure you look fabulous since you looked great when I saw you last June.

Sounds like many of us are dealing with our own "head" issues. Barb465 is so right when she said, "Weight loss doesn't make us happy. That comes from how we decide to live our life. Happiness comes from our attitudes". I continue to struggle to get my attitude right and more importantly to keep it right. But everyday is a new day to start over and we don't have to wait for a new year to begin to get it right.

Barb465, I'm anxious to hear about your visit to the doctor and fill. I am confident that you have found the fix for the problems you have had in the past with your fills. Keep us updated!

While it's not necessarily a new year resolution, I do intend to focus on getting more exercise. I have been redecorating a room in my house and while moving furniture and painting walls I've managed to strain or pull something in my back. So right now walking is about all I am going to do for exercise.

I got the new book from Rhonda Byrne, the gal who wrote "The Secret". There's not much in the book except pages for you to write the things you are grateful for. I have been doing this since the day after Christmas and it really is amazing how it improves your attitude to take time each day to write down the things that you are thankful for. I am thankful for my band and for the 80 pounds that are gone. I am also thankful for my ability to exercise and make better food choices as I continue to take off the final 20 pounds.

Sorry for babbling. Let's hear from some of the rest of you Junebies out there. We know you are lurking.............try posting, we miss you.

Hi everyone. Its been a while since I posted. I have lost 100 lbs. 40 of that was preop. I am focusing on losing 35 lbs in the next 6 months. Totally doable. I joined Weight Watchers on Saturday and so far so good. It does feel like a lot of food. Its strange eating so much. I am sure my body will adjust and I may even see an increase at first since I was eating so much less. Had difficulty eating solids so I decided to have a slight unfill. Unfortunately I am now more hungry so I am going in for a slight refill this week. Wish me luck. Happy New Years!

Good to hear from so many of you. Day two of the fill and so far so good. I'm still on liquids. I don't usually have problems until about day 5. I am hungry, but not overly. I just had a cup of hot chocolat and that filled me up. Almost too sweet.

The hardest thing is getting food out of my brain. I think of it all the time. I wonder why that is. I love to read cooking magazines, but I don't make what I see.

My goal is to lose 25 lbs over the next months. I would like to see onederland. I haven't gotten there yet. I was within 7 lbs once when I was having fill problems. Now I'm further away from it, but I'll get there.

Exercise has got to enter back into my routine. I still belong to Curves, but they haven't seen me in months. I'd better make an appearance and get back to basics.

I'm so proud of all of you and what you have done. I'm proud of myself. However, I know I can do more so I need to rededicate myself to the program.

Off to work tomorrow. It should be slow for the next couple of days since many are still off. I have end of year reports due so I'll be busy.

Hope all are doing well.

hi everyone. Just got back from my trip up North for Christmas. Had a great time but brought back a NASTY cold. So now I am feeling miserable. I am up to 171lbs now and I am going to make sure that 2008 is the year I GET TO GOAL!!!!!

I have a fill scheduled for the 17th and I think I am going to ask that it be done under fluro since i cannot seem to get any restriction anymore.

Mary Congrats on goal, you have worked hard for it. Hope everyone is having a great New year and I am off to blow my sore lil nose again......

Happy New Year Everyone!! And what a great start for the Junebies!!!!

Mary --CONGRATS!! on reaching your goal.

Barb4 --let us know how this new fill does for you. Hopefully you will not have anymore problems since your polyps were removed.

Barb12 --take it easy with the back. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Ouch!! I know that pain all to well.

Julie --Congrats on all the success that you have had with your band thus far! You will reach your goal.

Regina --so sorry to hear that you came back home with a cold. I hope that you feel better soon.

I had another NSV yesterday. I jogged 1.5 miles on the treadmill without stopping. Granted, I am moving at turtle pace (4 MPH) but I was moving. My goal is to get up to 3 miles at this pace feeling comfortable and non-challenged then I will work on increasing the pace. Although I walk at 3.5 to 4 MPH when on the treadmill, this jogging thing felt like a much better workout (I measured by the amount of sweat). I think I should stick to treadmill workouts for awhile because my ankle did not bother me as much as when I am outdoors (which I love to be). I am still having some trouble with uneven grounds. That will just take some time.

Happy New Year and Happy Loosing!!

Melissa Lea