Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I was pretty good today. A granola bar for Breakfast, a Lean Cuisine for lunch and some pork chop, brown rice and carrots for dinner. I didn't exercise and I've only had 48oz. of Water. I'll try to get my water in before bed. Have a great weekend Junebies.

Good Morning Junbies.....Well my weekend was pretty OK...I had problems eating all weekend....my band had a mind of her own this weekend and she didnt feel like eating.....I could only drink Protein Shakes and Soup until 4:00 pm everyday this weekend and then i would eat a pretty good supper. No exercise this weekend....just cant get my self started. I will though. I have not made it to the scale yet....I am weighing myself every Monday. When i make it to the scale i will post progress....fingers crossed!!

Ok...well, I finally made it to the scale and YEAH....I am down 3.2lbs. I am so happy to see the scale finally move again....now if i can just add some exercise. I am working on buying that little piece of equipment i hear so much about....the BodyBugg.....i want one so bad but they are very pricey....$399.00....but my birthday is coming up and i told hubby that is what i want.

Anyways....How did everyone do over the weekend?

I hope EVERYONE has a wonderful Week!!!

Congrats, Cindy. I didn't have such a great weekend eating wise. I've done better today.

I'm trying to get back to my old patterns when I was losing a little. My walking DVD and a more Southbeach kind of diet. So far so good.

I'm going to Google BodyBugg. Haven't heard of it.

BODYBUGG :: HOW IT WORKS

It's Simple!

• Customize the program with your data and weight loss goals
  • Use the armband to track calories burned vs. calories consumed
  • Keep eating the food you love and stay in control of your weight

Get There Faster!

• Stay on track with your own personal bodybugg Coach
  • Get one on one advice from an expert
  • Friendly motivation and extra support

"It's like having your own personal fitness and nutrition consultant at your fingertips 24/7!"

Press Releases

Watch bodybugg™ Infomercial

bodybugg™ In the Media

click on the links below to see recent coverage of bodybugg™.

womens_health_off.jpg
PC World's Digital Duo, June 2005, "Using Technology To Better Your Health"
CNET News.com, May 25, 2005, "Wear your weight-manager"
Übergizmo, March 18, 2005, "Bodybugg calorie management system"
BusinessWeek Online, March 8, 2005, "Wearable Computers You Can Slip Into"
Self, February 2005, "Gadgets Galore"
Women's Health, November 2006, "Weapons of Mass Reduction"

Cindy:

I got on eBay to check "used" prices. They are still in the high 200's for used - so that must mean they actually work. Hope your bday wish comes true!

The weekend pounds were gone this a.m. That's a relief. Now - for the real ones!

I want chocolate sooooo bad...how do I stop this craving....Chocolate is such a downfall for me....In my mind i know that i shouldnt have it so i guess that makes me want it more. I finally got to watch the first episode of the biggest loser and I heard something on there that made me realize how much sugar messes with ur diet and workout......When you are working out your body has to burn off all the sugar it has taken in before it starts to burn fat.....soooo i would be working out for an hour before i even start to burn fat.....until i cut out all the bad sugar i dont see the point in a killer workout....i will workout my 30 minutes for health purposes. The way i feel right now i have no clue how i lost 98lbs...This is crazy!! Sorry i am Venting!!

<p>Couldn't agree with you more Julie. I've been having sweet cravings and finally went back to my chocolate Protein Shake in the a.m. It seems to help start the day off ok.</p> <p> </p> <p>I read something in a post on lapband failures. It seems we all fall into one of 3 categories.</p> <p> </p> <p>l/3 of us succeed and get to goal</p> <p>l/3 of us lose about 60% of our excess weight</p> <p>l/3 of us don't lose enough to make the band "worth it" or regain most of what we lost</p> <p> </p> <p>This is definitely my paraphrase. </p> <p> </p> <p>How we fall into the percentages is a combination of our own effort, band complications, metabolism and/or a combination of all 3.</p> <p> </p> <p>Reality bites!</p>

I found the quote.

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">RESULTS: Between June 1997 and June 2003, LGB was performed in 317 patients, 43 men and 274 women. Mean age was 38 years (19-69), mean weight was 119 kg (79-179), and mean BMI was 43.5 kg/m(2) (34-78). 97.8% of the patients were available for follow-up after 3 years, 88.2% after 5 years, and 81.5% after 7 years. Overall, 105 (33.1%) of the patients developed late complications, including band erosion in 9.5%, pouch dilatation/slippage in 6.3%, and catheter- or port-related problems in 7.6%. Major reoperation was required in 21.7% of the patients. The mean EWL at 5 years was 58.5% in patients with the band still in place. The failure rate increased from 13.2% after 18 months to 23.8% at 3, 31.5% at 5, and 36.9% at 7 years. CONCLUSIONS: LGB appeared promising during the first few years after its introduction, but results worsen over time, despite improvements in the operative technique and material. Only about 60% of the patients without major complication maintain an acceptable EWL in the long term. Each year adds 3-4% to the major complication rate, which contributes to the total failure rate. With a nearly 40% 5-year failure rate, and a 43% 7-year success rate (EWL >50%), LGB should no longer be considered as the procedure of choice for obesity. Until reliable selection criteria for patients at low risk for long-term complications are developed, other longer lasting procedures should be used. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hi all! Just got back from my brother's Wedding last night.

San Francisco is such a great city and with all the uphill walking that I did I lost 10 pounds! Iam extremly proud to be able to claim a new number on the scale this morning--205! THATS 85 POUNDS DOWN!!!

Iam now 5 pounds from 200 and I have not seen that number since 1990!

I have adjusted my ticker for my new Halloween goal of 190 which would finally give me my 100 pounds lost goal!

That will be my proudest day aside from when I gave birth to my son which was on Sept. 19, 2002. By the way he turns 5 tomorrow!

I got so many compliments on how great I looked and on my weight loss from my relatives who have not seen me in over 5 years ( last time was my Wedding in 2002).

Also I got compliments on how great of a job my son did on being the ring bearer!

He looked so adorable in his little tux!

When I get all my film developed and scanned I will post a few pictures.

I had such a great time and was able to take a boat cruise to see Alcatraz, and the Golden Gate Bridge. We went to Fisherman's Wharf where my son named almost all of the seal's!-lol I went on my first cable car ride and also on the electric buses.

Chinatown was up the block from our hotel so I walked there to go shopping for some soverniers.

There was also a Starbucks on every corner and I had iced decafe coffee almost everyday!

My son comes home tonight with my Mom and her boyfriend since we went on different flights. My husband could not get off work, boy did he miss out on alot!-lol

My brother and his wife are going on a special tour of Europe for their honeymoon which includes London, Paris and Italy.

Iam so happy for him since at 34, it took him long enough to get married!-lol

I will post pictures soon and I hope everyone is doing well. I missed you all while I was away!

Love and Hugs,

Lisa:)

Hey Leecee,

I spent the weekend with my BF from San Jose, and we were in San Francisco also for an entire day, walking those hills, and riding the cable cars. I wonder if we passed each other and didn't even know. I was thrilled to weigh in this morning and learn I am .2 pounds from onederland. That motivated me to get out on a walk this morning.

My anxiety levels are through the roof though. Shouldn't that increase my metabolism? Anyone have any ideas for relieving that panicky feeling without eating or drinking alcohol? I used to be on anti-depressants, which can help, but the ones that work also mess up your sex drive, and I'd like to avoid that.

Cath:

I was staying at the Triton Hotel and was in San Fran from Friday, Sept.14, until Monday, Sept 17th.

I am Bipolar and on alot of medication for that and anxiety and I can only speak for myself, but MY SEX DRIVE IS THROUGH THE ROOF!-LOL

My profile has my picture so see if maybe you passed me by. My htoel is right near Chinatown.

I hope you had a nice weekend with the boyfriend and got in some NOOKIE!-LOL

LISA

Have you tried meditation, deep breathing, etc.? Stress and anxiety can actually cause weight gain as many of us know. It doesn't really boost the metabolism. Also, exercise can help. I'm the worst one to give advice on that, but your body has to burn off the adrenaline and cortisol produced when we panic/stress. I have a walk planned this evening with a friend around a local lake, but then Aunt Flo showed up this morning, so I'm in pain! Has anyone had worse periods since banding? Mine are awful. I never had a problem with my periods until recently. Maybe I'm just getting older and its not band related. Hang in there Cathy. Glad you had fun in Cali Leece. Stay away from chocolate Cindy!(Or have a Protein Shake or a chocolate Vitamin or a sugar free/fat free/caffeine free mocha or something and gradually the cravings should subside!)

Socal: I have had very big effects on my cycle from the surgery/weight loss. I have endometriosis (big time cramps) and was close to menopause, but the estrogen surge turned the faucets right back on, cramps increased, etc. Now it seems to be spacing out again, and last month it was nine days long, but I had not even one cramp (that's never happened). Very unpredictable. Try four Aleve. That almost always keeps me from resorting to codeine.

Leecee and Socal: No I haven't tried meditation or deep breathing, but I am trying never to miss my walks. Leecee if you don't mind my asking, what do you take for anxiety? You can make the response private if you like. I don't remember seeing you in SF, but I sure did get some nookie thank you!