Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Thanks for the kind words, socal gal. I was on antidepressants before the surgery, but stopped soon after. I did well yesterday on food. Cottage cheese, turkey and crackers, a nectarine, beef taquitos from Taco Bell (no cheese) and some chicken for diner. sugar free pudding for dessert. I walked this morning again. It helped that the scale showed a half pound loss this morning. Still pretty depressed but think I'm starting to identify some of the issues now. Just have to get the energy to work on them!

Barb123- You might try those New Whey Protein Shots. I haven't tried them, but I've been meaning to. They sell them at Vitamin World and places like that, but you can also find them online. Just do a search. They come in different fruit flavors. So far today, I've just had my granola bar with 5g Protein. Isn't your birthday coming up Barb(s)??

We no longer own property in Midland, Michigan!!

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers and above all patience with my continued requests.

REgina,

Actually we live in Texas full time.

The Michigan house was one we have not been able to sell. We had it rented for part of that time, but it was a real money pit.

Sandra

Congrats Pinky!! I know that this is a burden off your shoulders. I am happy for you that it is done.

I've been off the boards for a few days traveling with work. It's been very busy the past few days. I am happy for everyone's successes. There are too many for me to individually note, so please accept my DITTO on all the other replies noting your successes.

This is the first day in weeks I have been home this early. Still have about an hour worth of work to do.

Have a great weekend if I don't get back on before it's over!!

Melissa Lea

Congratulations, Pinky! I was relieved to get rid of the financial burden but not happy about losing $5,000.00 when I sold my house in April, but in the paper today, sales prices in that zip code were down 10-20% last month compared to last year. I think you probably got out in the nick of time.

I wanted to tell everyone that I haven't done my measurements since April and I did them today. I was so excited that there was a loss of 1/2 inch to 2 inches at all my points of measurement(calf, thigh, hip, waist, chest, neck and bicep). I was so excited! I keep track of my measurements on Spark People. I always tell everyone to measure when the scale isn't cooperating, so I encourage everyone to do it! I've done pretty good with food so far today:granola bar, baby carrots with light Ranch, some tuna and All-Bran crackers, but only 24 oz. of fluids so far. I plan to ride the bike 30 min. and get the rest of my fluids in this evening. Happy Thursday all!

Thanks for the congrats. DH and I went to Johnny Carino's. Still a little frazzled - first "surprise" pb at a restaurant. I had to kinda duck my head under the table. Not too many near us, so I think I got away with it. I got a salad and after a few deep breaths enjoyed the rest of the meal

Socalgal, congrats on those losses!

Hi! All sorry its a while since I posted. My son started Kindergarten on September 4th and its been crazy getting him settled. Yesterday he and my Mom and her boyfriend left for San Fran for my brother's Wedding which is Saturday Sept. 15th.

I went for my 15th month check up at the doctor and had my third fill. I have now lost 75 pound! It has been tough few months since my one years in June. I was so having problems and going back to old habits.

It was hard to get back on track. Then I got stuck at 220 which was 70 pounds down and was there for like a month!

Iam so happy to happy to now be in the teen and only 15 pounds from the 200 number which I have not been near since 1990!

I leave for the airport in about a hour but right now Iam very nervous, I have not been on a plane in over 15 years, and Iam going alone! My husband is not comming to the Wedding since the had some layoffs at work and they need him for these days.

Iam going on Jet blue and they have Tv and I went to Barnes and Nobles and bought a few books to read on the plane, plus lots of gum!

I will post some pictures when I get them developed and scanned and uploaded.

I wanted give shot outs to the following people :

PinkyLee: Good Luck on the New House!

Socal: Wow your getting close to your goal!

Regina: Love the new picture on your icon and your so close to goal congrats!

To anyone else I left out, you are all doing so great , it looks like we all got back on track!

Take care ladies and I will post when I get back.

Lisa

P.S I will fix my ticker later I have to get ready for the airport now!

Ok guys I am not going to claim it yet cause it is only the first day I saw it on the scale, after another day of seeing it I will claim it and change my mini goal ticker... So happy after 4 months the scale is moving again, this morning I saw 155lbs on the scale, WHAHOO!!!! Only 5 lbs from my final goal....

I did however have to get some of my fill taken out on Tuesday but I wasn't even able to drink Water some days. But that is ok, since I am still losing. But the other good news is, all the fill they had put in was still there so NO LEAK!!!! Thank GOD!!!!

Congrats to everyone else on there success, quite possibly the Junebies are fighting the way out of the blue funk and are back on top again. WE ROCK!!!!

I'm claiming my 170! 20 pounds to go! I saw it here and there on the scale, but its been 2 days in a row(with my jammies on-not nekked!) so it's mine!

Regina- now you are where you were before all of your trouble. I know you'll be at goal in no time!

It must be great to get so close Regina and Socal... wow!

I feel so far away from my goal weight, but it's inspiring to see others getting there, I know I just have to be patient, and keep focused.

Way to go!