Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Hey Everyone, Thought I wouls check in and see how the June crew was doing. I am 2 weeks post-op now and feeling great. In January when I started this process I weighed 255 pounds and I had my measurements done, now this past wednesday I weighed and got re-measured...drum rolls please.......

i have lost 35 pounds

chest is -2in

abs -4in

waist -3.5in

calfs -1in

arms -.3in

WHAHOO, I am not in a size 20 from a 22-24. I know most of this was dropped during my preop diet (22lbs) but it feels so good! I am still pretty tight from the swelling and MUST learn to eat slower and take smaller bites and chew more. Its a learning process. I have only dropped 4 pounds since surgery but I think I can really tell a difference in my face already... Hope every one else is doing well.....

Am I odd? I haven't thought about fills, or eating, or anything.

I just keep trying to get the liquids down, walk, and rest.

Not drinking enough Water yet.

I'm so thankful not to be in pain, and not to be anxious....

One day at a time :eek:

You hang in there Randi. I was banded 6/22 at about 11am. I am the original Water drinker and I have not met my water goals or Protein goals YET. I am concentrating on walking, breathing, and keeping the gas at bay. This is a long journey and one step at a time. You made it this far and you'll do great. :eek:

Hugs,

Violet

Remember everyone is different. I don't think I had much swelling. I had no real pain and little discomfort from gas, at least for the first 8 days. As a result I was not restricted and could eat more. At first I could get down 2-3 Protein Drinks, some Water, and juice. Now I think I feel a little more restricted.

The doctor's office is the one who told me to make my fill appointment. I was for waiting until I evaluated how I was doing on real food. My doctor wants you to have a fill at 4 weeks.

Hang in there. You will heal at your rate and you will make the necessary adjustments for your body.

Today is a great day for me. I feel wonderful. I had a very soft boiled egg this morning with a little of queso mixed in. It was just wonderful. It filled me up and was quite satisfying.

Laura/Housecatgirl-

Maybe we will see each other since your date is June 28 and mine is June 29! I was nervous at first, but now I'm just anxious to get it over with already!! I'm having a hard time with the pre-op diet too. I'm on the 3rd day, but it is actually the 1st day I haven't "cheated". I keep thinking of all the people who said they didn't do a pre-op diet, or just did 24 hours and they were fine, so I think, "Does it really matter?" But I promise to be good from here on out! Good luck to all Junebees. I hope those banded are feeling well and those to-be-banded are feeling great about their decision.

Hi All;

I was just banded this last Monday, and I wanted to introduce myself to the group. My name is Alberta...you can just call me Alberta..ha ha. I weighed 300 when I went into see my doc, Dr. Robert Cahn in Boise ID, I was 286 on my surgery date, and today tipped the scales at 279.6. I seem to be doing pretty good, although I'm ready to chew a shew, I'm so hungry. I'm sticking to the liquids pretty closely, but have resorted to a little non-fat cottage cheese blended with non fat yogurt to qwell the beast in my belly. I posted my recipe for Black Bean Soup in the liquid Stage recipes forum, if anyone is interested. I also cobbled together a cheese soup, but didn't write down the ingredients. It's probably too high fat anyway, but sure did help the hungries.

I've been reading the posts over the last couple of days, and I'm impressed by some of the stories, not to mention the tips and recipes I've seen. Any way, I'm happy to meetcha all, and I hope to get to know some of you better. You seem like a great bunch!

I hope I did the attachment right, I tried to upload a pre-op picture of me. Here is my e-mail address: alberta48@qwest.net

post-208678-13813133635983_thumb.gif

Well... I am packing tonight. My flight leaves tomorrow morning at 9:00 a.m. Surgery is Tuesday (not sure what time mine is). I am still excited and no nerves yet, I am sure they will come when I get to the hospital. I will let you all know how things are going.

Dr. Rumbaut

Monterrey Mexico

June 27

256/243/150

I'm packing now too. Leaving tomorrow to stay at hotel by LAX and then Monday morning flying out to Puerto Vallarta! Good Luck everyone!

Congrats to everyone preparing for surgery. It is such a relief when it is over and not as bad as I had thought it would be. I'm only two weeks post of and feel great. We'll be thinking of you all!

Da Band. I'm a member of Da Band .....

I've had a few moments of being burpy - I walked them off. I have been wondering what all the sounds are coming from my stomach.

I'm not hungry, but I have been able to eat 3 Protein Shakes, 3 diet jello's, 1 broth, and 1 V8. Diet Snapple.

When the pain of the incisions hurt, I take the meds, and they work.

I feel so uninformed - even tho I know a tiny bit about what to expect, had it not been for this forum - I'd have been lost.

I Rest, drink Water, eat Protein, heal. There is more than Plenty of time to think of fills, and PBs and all the other stuff waiting for us

Junesters - I'm trying to think of what a wonderful Independence Day I will have, knowing I am free from looking like I did on the last one.

Glad to hear all of you are doing well. How exciting for those packing getting ready to go. It will be just fine. This was fairly easy for me. Two weeks out and I feel great. I even have more energy, which is a very good thing. I met some others yesterday for lunch, one at 2 months, 1 at one year, and one looking. It was good to get other perspectives on this journey.

I move to mushies today. YEAH!!!

Am I odd? I haven't thought about fills, or eating, or anything.

I just keep trying to get the liquids down, walk, and rest.

Not drinking enough Water yet.

I'm so thankful not to be in pain, and not to be anxious....

One day at a time :)

Randi - if you are odd so am I:) I too am just trying to get down all the water. I even wake up during the night to drink more!

Lucy

Welcome Alberta - what a beautiful picture of you! You were banded one day before me. Hope everything goes well for your recovery.

Lucy