Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept 26, 2013 BAND DAY!!!!

Here I am dozing off and then I get these emails...I just realized I forgot to take my Vitamins :( dang it!

As far as Jello and yogurt 4 spoonfuls seem to b the magic number...as far as soup/broth I can get a cup down

I'm still having a lot of pain on my left side...called the dr today....they think it's gas and the fact I haven't had a BM yet and or the fact he had to do a liver biopsy due to finding two white spots on it......well I have a heating pad and took some milk of mag (yuck) that got things moving ! But still having the pains so gonna call again in the morning ! And I go Thurs to get the biopsy results..... Nervous and praying for it to be nothing

I'm still have a good amount of pain on my left side as well. I'm thinking it's just from hernia repair and band placement. I will be praying for good results on your biopsy! Get some rest! :))

What could the white spots on the liver be? Fingers crossed for good results on that one. I went store yesterday to buy some milk of mag and it just looked nasty sitting there. Ended up picking up some unflavored mirilax instead. It just sounded better than mint or cherry milk of mag. Lets just say I think that's the best thing I could have done for myself. Aside from being tired this morning and feeling like I was kicked in the stomach a couple of days ago I'm feeling almost normal. I have lost my surgery weight, I gained 4 lbs of Fluid and swelling, and am actually down from 318 the day I started my 10 day pre op to 302 this morning. How are y'all doing with weight and swelling?

Well I had to go to my family dr today...my throat was very swollen and raw and my tongue had this white stuff on it and was raw to...thought I might have strep but I actually had thrush aka fungal infection from antibiotics and steroids from surgery ! So got some meds for that and he also informed me he had gotten my biopsy report from my surgery dr...negative !!!! Just scar tissue...maybe from my c section years ago...whew that was a relief ! Still have swelling off and on I'm the sodium in the Soups and broths don't help...I swell mostly towards the end of the day...that's also when I hurt the most ! Was supposed to go back to work Thursday but called my surgery dr today and they are keeping me out till Monday till I can hopefully get over this hump....and I choose the cherry milk of mag....not good but it worked and has gave me some relief !

Thank The Lord your biopsy was negative! I'm sorry you've been sick. Hope you get to feeling better very soon! I am most sore in the evenings as well - my port placement and one of my laparoscopic sites still hurts pretty bad at times! But I'm making progress!

Sounds like you've had a heck of a day. Sucks about the thrush but that's good news on the biopsy results. Hopefully you'll get to enjoy the extra few days off. I have to say, I think shakes for a month sounds more exciting than one sip of cherry mag!

The cherry mag is a walk in the park compared to the medicine I have to swish around in my mouth and then swallow for the thrush !!! It taste like paint smells lol I keep thinking to myself am I skinny yet ?? Dang this has been a challenge but no regrets :-) can't wait to see the results of our hard work pay off ! sleep well

So how we all doing? I'm off my pain pills and was actually able to get three hours sleep last night!!!! Yaaaaa! Ya right. I'm dog tired. Not sure why I couldn't sleep. I'm thinking it could be all the supplements and stuff I'm taking but not sure. Had a great day overall. Incisions seem to be healing beautifully. Only pain I have left which isn't even really pain is just my port area. It reminded me all day today of what I had done.

I'm doing a little better each day...I'm out of pain meds now...I'm still having pain on my left side under my ribs Dr says it's gas pain still..I'm down 7lbs since surgery...yay!! I'm sleeping pretty good but if I do anything during the day I'm totally exhausted..naps are a must ! .glad to hear you are doing well...hope u get some sleep :-)

I actually got some sleep last night. I love ambien!! sleeping in comfort is somewhat easier cause I can at least be on my side now. I woke up last night though on my stomach and boy howdy that hurt. Wonder how much longer it will be before I can lay on my stomach??

Hopefully soon !! I'm a stomach sleeper...but I can sleep on my side now a little better...tried laying on my stomach but that didn't last long it was uncomfortable

Well, looks like I need to catch up, lol, since I did start this thread. I had my surgery on the 26th at 7am. My insurance required that I stay in the hospital 24hrs and I am glad I did. First day was horrible. My blood pressure was way high, my back hurt, I was sore and felt like I was going to throw up, due to the bp and migrane. They woke me up every hour to check my vitals, annoying, lol. Then starting in the afternoon made me get up every few hours to walk down the hall to ease gas pains and build stamina. I am glad I did because I have not once had any problems with gas pains, never happened! ;) I went home the next day at noon, took a pain pill and slept. Something they did not tell me at the hospital was that I could sleep on my side. I usually sleep on my left side, but for some reason I thought I could not do that after surgery and so I slept on my back, which made it hurt really bad. I kept telling them it hurt and they never said turn on your side. So I guess that's my fault kinda for not just doing it. Anyways, after first day at home, I felt great. Was able to get up and walk around, make myself Soup or get Jello, let my dog out. and did not need any pain meds to do it. They only problem I had was everyone I have ever known in my life kept texting or calling me and I could not get any rest. Finally had to turn my phone off. I could have gone back to work on Sunday, I work a desk job, but since I had already asked for 11 days off, I took it :P . Went and did a post op check on tuesday, dr told me how proud he was of me. His nurse told me that even though I had lost 80lbs before surgery, since I was still a high weight, they thought I would have complications. BUT, once they got in, my liver was tiny and not fatty, my stomache was empty and he said it was the fastest surgery he has ever done in many years he had done them. PAT ON THE BACK TO ME!!!!! He even told me that I could go straight to mushy food and to take it easy. I have not had any problems keeping anything down, I did get a little tight once at the beginning and learned not to eat such a big bite. I go back to the dr's on the 15th to get my staples out and can't wait, they itch! hopefully I can have a fill. Glad everyone is doing good. To be honest, it does not even seem real that I had the band done. I was so fearful that I would be in pain but that has just not happened thank GOD! Oh, and the 5lbs I gained because of Fluid and swelling, lost it, and another 5lbs to go with it. WOOHOO!!!

BTW, posting pics of my cuts for anyone new wanting to see them. When I first got on here, that's the first thing I wanted to see, pics, lol. So I am sharing mine now.

well, never mind, it just told me that it won't be up til the 10th because of maintenance. I will have to post later

Edited by JULESDARLN