Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

not loosing weight

Wendy. 20 pounds!!!! You're doing fantastic! Relax. Your body is recovering from surgery and trying to figure out what you did to it! Keep following the rules and I promise the scale will move again and it will shock you. Don't worry. This is normal.

Edited by JustWatchMe

Had my band Aug. 20th lost 5 lbs on pre op diet, lost 15 lb the next 3 weeks Sept 10th had my first fill. I was told I all ready had 4.5 cc and they added 1 cc. Still get very hungry...but thats ok. I am still eating less then 1000 cals. aday. I stopped loosing weight a week before my first fill. I have not lost weight for 3 weeks now. I am walking on my tread mill 5 days a week for 30 min. and am active on the weekends. but nothing....what am I doing wrong.

It's normal and expected. Watch this video and read the article in these links:

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html#.UqP7uBLn-Uk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBJziqgrQgk

I have a funny or not so funny story......My electronic scales needed new batteries....so it wasn't reading my weight at all, it was just stuck on the last weight.......for 5 weeks it read the same thing..but......

Well I went to have my second fill....and guess what I had lost another 7 lbs. and 3 since then, so I am down a total on 31lbs since Aug 20th.....

But thank you everyone that was supportive and all the great web sites and videos. Learned a lot even if it was my own fault. :D :rolleyes:

Edited by WendynAubrey Edwards

You know interestingly enough, I did a lot of research before getting the band, went to the support groups, asked my doctor a ton of questions but I honesty don't think anyone did a great job of explaining "bandster hell" and all that is involved until you begin to receive fills. It was only through the kindness if the people on this site and the encouragement I received that I knew I was on the right track. So fear not, your doing wonderful it will take time but you will achieve your goal. Slow and steady wins the race. Eight pounds is great. Just think where you will be once your fills help you with restriction. Best of luck to you! Keep the faith.

I lost 15 pounds on pre op (not surprising sense it was all liquid that I consumed) cont to lose 5 pounds first 4 days after surgery.... Again not surprising sense again it's all liquids, but by day 5 I was starving, and slowly started to eat, I'm up 3 pounds, now that I'm eating more food, I have my first fill appt on Nov 3, so I'm not letting the scale bother me, I'm not stressing over numbers, till my band gets to where it needs to be. I refuse to feel like I'm failing, instead I think of it as I'm on hold for now:)

Good attitude. Until you get properly filled it's just a diet, but get the most out of this time as you can. I think I

Had lost most of my weight by the time I hit the green zone. Honestly, keeping my band as loose as I like it, I think my green zone fluctuates.