Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you reached a point where the band is getting old to you and you are not loosing anymore weight? what have you done to start all over? act like it's new to you and exciting? because now im just tired of it and not too happy with it. Kinda bored and annoyed with it now lol I need to find motivation first! So im looking to see what you all have done :)

i don't feel I can really help as I am only 3 weeks post op.

But looking at your stats you have done so well, losing 79lbs is amazing, its a huge achievement, and I am assuming your band has helped you do it.

Try and think positively about it now and how it has really helped you achieve your goals. You have only 35lbs to go and you have achieved so much so far.

Think back to when you started your journey and how you felt then and why you made the decision to have a band in the first space and you will soon get your mojo back :rolleyes:

:) I got to feeling this way too. In fact struggled with it for about a year. Except I got a fill that was to tight and I didn't go back. I kept getting sick and I felt like you, tired of it. So I ended up just eating whatever I wanted to and I gained 30lbs. I don't recommend that at all. I am just now, this week in fact getting back into it. So while I don't know the "fix" I have shared your feelings and at least you know you're not alone. Getting back to this site helped encourage me. I I I I :)

Pinky,

I lost 50 lbs w/ the band before getting pregnant than getting into a MVA that put me into rehab for 8 months. I never gained the 50 back but I was at a standstill because I was not even trying to eat correctly (stress and diet don't mix well with me). In Jan 2013 when my symptoms started to resolve I felt motivated to start losing again because 190 lbs was not my ideal.

First thing I did was review the rules and get back to basics. I made a grocery list of lapband friendly foods and started focusing on minimizing calories and upping Proteins. I also came back to this site and come on here daily for support and to keep my eye on the prize, if you will.

Additionally, I started to get fills again. It had been 3 years since my last fill. Well with 50 lb loss, a pregnancy and 30 more lbs lost since Jan I got a fill in May. Just got another one few weeks ago to tweak me back to green. It has helped incredibly.

With time, my habits became second nature and less about mental will.

I am at goal and getting cosmetic surgery to finish the job in October.

It's just about recommitting, refreshing yourself on the rules, and getting support to rally you through. And get to green if you are not there!

Have you reached a point where the band is getting old to you and you are not loosing anymore weight? what have you done to start all over? act like it's new to you and exciting? because now im just tired of it and not too happy with it. Kinda bored and annoyed with it now lol I need to find motivation first! So im looking to see what you all have done :)

I have been stalled since my first fill on Aug 15th; done nothing different either !!!

What does everyone mean when they say getting back to green? I am having surgery on the 19th and am looking at all info I can get!! :rolleyes:

:) I got to feeling this way too. In fact struggled with it for about a year. Except I got a fill that was to tight and I didn't go back. I kept getting sick and I felt like you' date=' tired of it. So I ended up just eating whatever I wanted to and I gained 30lbs. I don't recommend that at all. I am just now, this week in fact getting back into it. So while I don't know the "fix" I have shared your feelings and at least you know you're not alone. Getting back to this site helped encourage me. I I I I :)[/quote']

Keep plugging & know everyone here is for you amen !!!

Pinky' date='

I lost 50 lbs w/ the band before getting pregnant than getting into a MVA that put me into rehab for 8 months. I never gained the 50 back but I was at a standstill because I was not even trying to eat correctly (stress and diet don't mix well with me). In Jan 2013 when my symptoms started to resolve I felt motivated to start losing again because 190 lbs was not my ideal.

First thing I did was review the rules and get back to basics. I made a grocery list of lapband friendly foods and started focusing on minimizing calories and upping Proteins. I also came back to this site and come on here daily for support and to keep my eye on the prize, if you will.

Additionally, I started to get fills again. It had been 3 years since my last fill. Well with 50 lb loss, a pregnancy and 30 more lbs lost since Jan I got a fill in May. Just got another one few weeks ago to tweak me back to green. It has helped incredibly.

With time, my habits became second nature and less about mental will.

I am at goal and getting cosmetic surgery to finish the job in October.

It's just about recommitting, refreshing yourself on the rules, and getting support to rally you through. And get to green if you are not there![/quote']

Great News !

I've lost over 100 but gained 30 back! And now it doesn't want to come off again :(

Pinky, I am not yet banded, but I bet a "reboot" would do you good. Also maybe try your pre-op diet (mine is keeping to 100 carbs or less a day and the weight is falling off me like never before!).

Good luck!