Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need a shoulder

Ok, so I am 2 moths post op and I have lost 11 lbs, nothing to sneeze at. I am down to 195 lbs, but after my fill I was down to 191.8. I want to know why the weight had to come back, and I haven't lost. I am definately eating less but I think I can still eat too much. I will be honest and say that when my daughter made her first communion I had tons of left over stuff like rye bread dip and pumpernickle bread. I figured that the bread is better than white bread and the dip is low in carbs, so in small amounts it couldn't hurt. Also, I didn't eat anything else when I ate that for a few hours, And I also am guilty of eating taco dip. I know that my poor choice of foods and lack of excersize is a problem. Tomorrow I plan on making better choices. I refuse to sabbatage myself.

I know that I am still within the 1-2 lbs a week, but if I don't start losing soon, I will be at a low, or whatever you want to call it. I was so hoping for this to be a super success and I would lose a ton in the beginning and then expect to stall after a few months of good weight loss.

After all this and my port area is still tender. I can feel tenderness with certain movements and it sucks! I can deal with that, but not losing is making me lose my mind!

I think I need to look at the food thread and get some good healthy ideas.

Ok, I am done ranting. If anyone reads this, thanks for reading my vent smiley.gif

Hi Mia,

Im thinking that you havent felt the effects of a decent level of restriction. If you can still eat those breads, then chances are - you need another fill. OR - the fill you have received hasnt 'kick in' yet. Sometimes it can take 4 weeks for us to notice restriction (have no idea why this happens - but Im one that has experienced this).

Try calling your surgeon and ask his office for thier opinion, k?

I called my doctor's office today and tried to set up my next fill. He told me the day I got my first fill. "In 2 weeks if you feel like the food is still going down too easy, call me and we will get you in the next day." So I called today trying to get in for wednesday and he made me make an appointment at the office for a weigh in and to see his PA. Then he will concider a fill. That just makes me mad. I understand his point, but don't tell me one thing and then do another. Its annoying!

hey girl, i did the same thing(only I didn't get down to 191, i was down to 196). we talked about that, i think.

well, my doc told me the same thing about the first fill/two week thing. I went back in and almost half of my fill had disappeared. So, the refilled me and then added more. I am now at 1.8. I have restriction, as I can tell that I have to chew better, and eat slower, but I can still feel the food move past the band almost immediately after i swallow. I have noticed a marked change in my appetite, and the scales are SLOWLY starting to move(my time of themonth, so it is hard to say how much Water i am holding onto.) Monday next week, we should be able to tell.

So hang in there. We are lower bmi bandsters, and the loss is usually going to be a bit slower for us. Let's just take it one day at a time, and not lose faith in our bands. It is not like we can take it out and return it to the doc, we might as well learn to live with it and rest assured that as long as we don't try to trick it, then in the long run we will win this battle!!!

This my sound dumb, but here goes. Just getting banded won't make you lose weight. You have to journal your food, count your calories, drink your Water, and exercise to lose weight. The band helps us to stay in control with our portions, curb our cravings, and change our lifestyle. Starving ourselves doesn't work either because it shuts down our metabolism. We need 3 balanced meals and one snack a day to boost our metabolism. If you need some accountability, start posting your food journal on the food journal thread. This helps me tremendously! I am not perfect, but I have consistantly lost 1 to 2 pounds per week without exercise. Just think what I could do if I moved my butt more.

hey Mia, dont over worry, you newly banded and you still have not restriction, you still feel hungry, and you re in the beggining for learning

the basics, like to learn to eat slowly, to do not weight yourself every day.. and basically to start learning how to fight the demons..

keep a diary of your journey, and what you eat and what you re more

corruptible.. some people are corruptible into sweets..i had soo many demons to fight.. like sweets, ice cream, chocolate cream, diet coke..

i fight them and i won them..

dont worry honey you will win them too! now you have the tool to help you! theres NOT way not to lose weight if you follow the 10 basic rules

of the band. i lost so many pounds even i didnt keep the basic rule..

i didnt exercise.. i was worrying like you too! you remind me :)

lovz