Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I read that a lot of people feel tight in the morning. I don't feel that I had my band on the 2nd of July and got my first fill August 12th. 3.5 cc is in my band right now. I feel like I can eat more food then I am suppose to and it takes forever to get full. and when I do get full it just sneaks up on me and it hurts. kind of like a relux attack. It is starting to make me think that my band slipped. Just really frustrated

If you're eating until you're full, you're likely eating too much. With the band, the idea is to eat until satisfied not full.

Have a look at this link, I think it'll help you better understand the band: http://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html

Also, you might be eating too quickly. You should take no less than 1/2 hour to eat a meal... Crazy, I know!

Thanks Missy that link does help me understand what I am doing wrong. and yes I do think sometimes I eat to fast. I feel so much like a loser. since I did so well in since my surgery except a week after my first fill it seems I make all the wrong choices and I do not understand where my mind is at considering I want this really bad and have no idea why I am going the wrong way instead of the right way. (if that makes since)

Is there a support group near you that you can attend? The thing about the band is, it goes around our stomachs not our brains. The band is great to control our hunger but it can't control our mental issues with food. Many of us need extra help, be it via a support group or counseling. (myself included!)

Don't be so hard on yourself. You can do this. :)

The mind is slow to get the message. We all have set backs. Right now I am at 22 months, and have just determined I am eating way to much, way to fast. Have an appointment for a fill coming up shortly. Listen to your body, and I agree with Missy, never eat until you feel full. Look for early signals. I get a sniffly nose, or tiny hiccup as I reach my limit. Good luck to you. You will get the hang of it. Remember we are all changing years of bad habits.

If you're eating until you're full' date=' you're likely eating too much. With the band, the idea is to eat until satisfied not full.

Have a look at this link, I think it'll help you better understand the band: http://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html

Thanks for sharing that link Mis73. Very helpful information.

I am finding that I have a lot of fear about eating too much and having the complications i have been reading about like dilation or slips. I had a healthy fear of vomiting before the band, now the idea scares the daylights out of me. I have been lucky enough not to feel much hunger since being banded, and i feel satisfied with the 3/4 to a cup my nutrionist recommended...but doing that three times a day doesn't get me to the calorie count they want me to get to (min 1200)...so i had been eating 4 small meals...but at my 7-week follow up, the surgeon felt i should try to go to three meals. I find myself wondering if i am feeling "full" physically or if it's the fear i have of eating too much.

I feel like I have so much to learn...

Thanks Missy that link does help me understand what I am doing wrong. and yes I do think sometimes I eat to fast. I feel so much like a loser. since I did so well in since my surgery except a week after my first fill it seems I make all the wrong choices and I do not understand where my mind is at considering I want this really bad and have no idea why I am going the wrong way instead of the right way. (if that makes since)

I had such LOUSY day today!! I am also between my 1st & 2nd fill..... And today I had wayyyyyy too many carbs for the first time. Boohoo. Tomorrow is a new day.