Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone near plainfield IL

Oswego is less than 10 mins from me, that would be ideal, I'm jealous. I thought my dietician said they give me what I need for the pre-op diet--is that what you bought for, or is this for your post-op? I have to go to a support meeting on Mon night as one of my requirements, so I guess I will find out more then.

I bought for a combination of pre and post-op. Our pre-op diet is 5 Protein shakes a day, plus a cup of broth and a sugar free Jello if we feel like having a treat. :P We have to provide our own supplies.

The dietician recommended Bariatric Advantage shakes (conveniently available for purchase on our doctor's website...) but we compared the nutrition stats and found the Premier Protein Shakes from costco to be comparable and more convenient. We wound up getting enough of those for half of our shakes, and we'll use Bariatric Advantage powder (ordered cheaper from Amazon) for the rest.

I guess every doctor has their own way of doing things. Ours has only made vague allusions to some kind of support program. We weren't required to go to one but it sounds nice!

I live in Plainfield... close to Rt30 and Renwick.

I am am scheduled for surgery Sept 6th.

You are only couple Mins from me

I bought for a combination of pre and post-op. Our pre-op diet is 5 Protein shakes a day' date=' plus a cup of broth and a sugar free Jello if we feel like having a treat. :P We have to provide our own supplies.

The dietician recommended Bariatric Advantage shakes (conveniently available for purchase on our doctor's website...) but we compared the nutrition stats and found the Premier Protein shakes from costco to be comparable and more convenient. We wound up getting enough of those for half of our shakes, and we'll use Bariatric Advantage powder (ordered cheaper from Amazon) for the rest.

I guess every doctor has their own way of doing things. Ours has only made vague allusions to some kind of support program. We weren't required to go to one but it sounds nice![/quote']

If you are interested I can send you the info--it's at CDH, the last Mon of the month. I didn't get the sense that it was a limited group. I'll be going for sure as I don't want to be delayed on a surgery date.

I've been drinking the Atkins shakes for Breakfast lately, and really like them--not sure if they are sold in bulk anywhere.

If you are interested I can send you the info--it's at CDH, the last Mon of the month. I didn't get the sense that it was a limited group. I'll be going for sure as I don't want to be delayed on a surgery date.

I've been drinking the Atkins shakes for Breakfast lately, and really like them--not sure if they are sold in bulk anywhere.

Thanks--I'd love to hear what you thought of the group this week. I'd like to find something like that since it's such an adjustment in learning to live with the band. I figure a group meeting had got to be a help!

You might want to check Amazon to see if they sell the Atkins shakes. They offer surprisingly good prices on groceries, especially in bulk.

Who is your dr? I'm seeing Dr Klem at CDH. I did see he originally had an address in Oswego, but when I called the place they said they were no longer seeing patients there and I'd have to go to the city. Dr Klem was listed as one of the Drs, but it looks like he changed groups. How long did the process take you? I will be done with my testing on Tues (I hope) and am not sure how long the process takes after that is all completed.

I had my surgery done by Dr. Klem. :) I would encourage you to attend the support groups CDH offers the last Monday of each month as you will hear a lot of real life stories, suggestions, encouragement, etc. Dr. Klem did a great job for me! I am one year out and about 80 lbs down. It would have been more but the past few months I have been lax about taking care of me (a lot going on personally) so now that things are settling, I am back on the "band" wagon. :)

• Here is the info for the next support meeting (lapband only) at CDH:
    the next support group will be: Monday, September 23rd from 6:30-8:00pm (same location): Winfield Room (located near the cafeteria).

Note, it is people at all stages, pre and post-op. If you want to contact the coordinator I can give you her email as well.

• Here is the info for the next support meeting (lapband only) at CDH:
    the next support group will be: Monday, September 23rd from 6:30-8:00pm (same location): Winfield Room (located near the cafeteria).

Note, it is people at all stages, pre and post-op. If you want to contact the coordinator I can give you her email as well.

"Located near the cafeteria" Haha! Someone has a sense of humor at CDH...

Thanks so much for sharing the info. I'll be 4 days post-op *knock on wood!* that day, so I may have to catch my first one in October, but I will definitely be checking it out.

So what's everyone thinking for exercise?

I love walking and biking. Can anyone share good trails and walking spots?

I was also thinking about doing some classes to mix things up. I was hoping to find a Zumba and/or maybe a yoga class I could check out. Does anyone know of any?

We have a membership at Planet Fitness at Douglas & 30. I love that it's only $10/month! It's quite nice for that price too, and, because it's so cheap, I can't talk myself into quitting when I slack off from exercising. Before I could always complain about the money we were wasting on gym memberships we didn't use, but at $10 a month it's hard to make that argument!

I did go to the support meeting this past Mon night. It was very interesting. I also found out this week that I have a stomach bacteria, which pushes me out at least a month now for s surgery date as I have to do 2 weeks of antibiotics and then wait 2 weeks to be retested :-( I have a sleep wrist band to use tonight and then have to take that back to the pulmonologist tomorrow and that will determine if I need a full-fledged sleep study. Kind of bummed to have to wait longer now.

Bummer! I'm so sorry to hear of that delay--hopefully it's just a little blip and you'll be on your way soon!

I got to Hometown Fitness on rt 59, behind burger king. It's nice,the have child Care for those who need it,and it's close.

I have been just doing the tread mill, but I think I will move on too the ellipticals soon ( after surgery, September 6th)

Van horn woods have.a trail that goes from the park by frontage road to the soccer fields on other side of preserve.

Also the Rookery on rt 30 and Renwick has some nice trails, that wind around back to airport road.

Hope that helped. Before to long will be to cold to walk outside, and the gym will be it.

~~Debbi

I go to planet fitness in Joliet by Joliet mall. I usually do a mile on treadmill and a 2mile on the bike and do strength training. My brother helps me with strength training because I don't really know what to do exactly.

Another really good gym is life time fitness in romeoville IL. They have everything there. It a very good gym but a little price on there memberships

I go to planet fitness in Joliet by Joliet mall. I usually do a mile on treadmill and a 2mile on the bike and do strength training. My brother helps me with strength training because I don't really know what to do exactly.

Another really good gym is life time fitness in romeoville IL. They have everything there. It a very good gym but a little price on there memberships

I fell in love with lifetime fitness but 200 down and 80 a month is way too pricey for only one person. I go to charter fitness.

My brother is a member there so when he gets free passes that when I go lol.

I have my surgery tomorrow, I'm nervous and excited.