Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is everyone doing??

CWinkler340
Sign in to follow this  

Hi Angemc.......this is so crazy. I mean I keep saying "eating" but the truth is its only Fluid. Shouldn't Fluid go right past the band? Why does it make me feel so horrible to have a half bowl of broth? Is like I feel horrible all the time, I can't win. I feel horrible from not eating, headaches and hunger pains and then I feel horrible when I do "eat". Maybe I'm just pushing too hard, trying to feel normal too soon. Today is Day 5 post-op.......and it's been my crying day. I've been crying all day. Crying wondering if I did the right thing, crying that I won't feel better, crying because everything I see seems to do with food and all I want to do is eat something.

I must say that being apart of this forum has helped ALOT. I've only told 4 people in my life about the surgery and 2 of them live more than 1,000 miles away and non of them have ever gone through anything like this. Without you guys I would truly be all alone in this. Heck today was the first day I actually told my Mom about the surgery.

Soccerturtle.......Congratulations on your 12lbs. That's awesome!! You must be proud of yourself.

Pooh bear this forum has been my saviour!!! To have people who are going through the same thing and understand how it feels is so supportive. I also love the before and after pics and dream about being one of those after pics one day! I have only told my very closest family and friends but haven't kept it a secret if that makes sense? Im hoping people will start noticing the weight I've lost (35lbs so far and only two people have said my face looks thinner??) and then I know they will ask how I've lost the weight.. and I'll tell them I have a lap band. My only fear about telling people is if I fail... and having people know I failed the band. But I am working very hard to succeed at this!! 3 more days and I can have "normal" food again!! :)

How is everyone doing?? :)

I'm doing ok. Still stuck at 12 lbs that I've lost...it seems I keep gaining and re-losing the same 3lbs :( that's getting pretty old pretty fast! I'm trying to make walking a part of my daily routine and have joined a gym. I'm on soft foods now and have been hungrier with every passing day which is also starting to get old. My doc refuses to give me a fill because I'm "still losing" but I keep telling him it's because I want to be successful with the band so I'm eating healthier than ever and exercising...I see him again in 2 weeks...how about the two of you? How are you doing?

I'm doing ok. Still stuck at 12 lbs that I've lost...it seems I keep gaining and re-losing the same 3lbs :( that's getting pretty old pretty fast! I'm trying to make walking a part of my daily routine and have joined a gym. I'm on soft foods now and have been hungrier with every passing day which is also starting to get old. My doc refuses to give me a fill because I'm "still losing" but I keep telling him it's because I want to be successful with the band so I'm eating healthier than ever and exercising...I see him again in 2 weeks...how about the two of you? How are you doing?

I'm getting my first fill on Thursday, and am pretty confident I have not lost since seeing my doc two weeks ago, but am still pleased with my 35lb loss so far. My doc said getting a fill is all about the "zone" you are in and hunger levels, not how much weight you have lost. And I have been so hungry!! I have to see him monthly for fills, but have no idea how aggressive he is with it. I'm just really hoping to have some restriction. I have been exercising but in the last couple of days have not made the best choices with food. I had a four week pre-op diet of Protein Shakes and three weeks post-op of liquids and mushies, so I'm enjoying being able to eat real food. And because I have no restriction, it is just so easy. It really is a daily battle for me.

I'm getting my first fill on Thursday' date=' and am pretty confident I have not lost since seeing my doc two weeks ago, but am still pleased with my 35lb loss so far. My doc said getting a fill is all about the "zone" you are in and hunger levels, not how much weight you have lost. And I have been so hungry!! I have to see him monthly for fills, but have no idea how aggressive he is with it. I'm just really hoping to have some restriction. I have been exercising but in the last couple of days have not made the best choices with food. I had a four week pre-op diet of Protein Shakes and three weeks post-op of liquids and mushies, so I'm enjoying being able to eat real food. And because I have no restriction, it is just so easy. It really is a daily battle for me.[/quote']

Angemc I totally know what you mean about it being a daily battle! When I was on mushies and soft food it was a lot easier to make healthy choices because I couldn't eat out EVER! I couldn't eat junk food because it was dangerous to do so. Now that I'm "allowed" to eat anything and everything it's hard to say no to the foods I know I shouldn't eat (like pizza and chicken mcnuggets). I also have my old appetite back completely! The only good thing is that I'm afraid to drink soda because I feel so much better now hat I haven't had it in so long! I'm right there with you! Struggling at each and every moment to make the best choice to eat healthy, filling foods. Congrats on the weight loss!!! Good for you!!! 35 lbs is amazing!!! Your clothes must be fitting you a lot looser which just feel awesome :)

My surgery was on the 19th! All went well, I didn't experience any nausea or need to vomit but I did sleep most of the time and I kept a hot Water pad on my stomach and still do so that has helped with sleeping. My energy is returning but the incision where I suspect the port lies is extremely tender to the touch. My incisions are healing and clearing up too and really surprised I don't think I will have any long term scars so that's a plus. I have my first checkup on Sept 10th and I'm looking forward to that not sure when I will receive my first fill. I'm on the mushy diet part too and prefer that to all those shakes -- don't get me wrong the shakes were the bomb when I had to do liquid especially since I've never really did a liquid diet -- but having something in your mouth that has substance is a plus. I try to eat something every few hours and drink a lot of water. The no drink for an hour after I eat is driving me crazy!! I find myself staring at the clock for an hour to pass, I've always drank a lot of water so holding off for a particular time frame is hard for me. Anyway, hope everyone is doing good and continues toward their goal.

Vistied my dietitian team today and was told I'm losing inches. I've been a little depressed the past two days, but will try to have a better tomorrow without thinking too much. :unsure: My first fill is pending, I cannot wait.

Vistied my dietitian team today and was told I'm losing inches. I've been a little depressed the past two days, but will try to have a better tomorrow without thinking too much. :unsure: My first fill is pending, I cannot wait.

I am 4 weeks post op today and started proper food today. I am due for my first follow up on 24 September. I really noticed a difference with my band today when eating solid food rather than mushies and couldn't eat as much, but then felt hungry after about 2 hrs when before I could go for 4hrs without hunger. I think I was probably a bit nervous as I ate some crackers and I was so frightened about them getting stuck ! But that didn't happen and I was fine.

I too feel a bit frustrated about not being able to drink for an hour after food, and have started to make sure that I drink plenty before I eat now.

I am really trying to make good food choices and have succeeded up until now. I have lost 5 pounds this week so feel good about that, but realise that I won't probably lose that sort of weight next week.

We have all got to try and be motivated and pleased that hopefully any weight loss is good and hopefully it will remain off for ever :rolleyes: Good Luck everyone x

How is everyone doing? I am due for my first fill next week, I feel really ready for it as feel hungry and could eat anything and everything at the moment ! x

Ready to take off running after my first Fiji last wed., My fill was almost painless

I even didn't mind mushies for two days and of course the liquids before that. I was ready to do almost anything to get rid of this voracious appetite. Well it didn't work quite like that, I am still hungry but at least it was somewhat better, something I can control to a point. Doc said he thinks it will probably take another fill before I can feel some restriction. The fills are done slowly to give the body time to heal from the fill and adapt to it.

Whatever, I am somewhat disappointed, and even took a few steps backward, but it was short lived. I am happy to say I am back on track with a renewed vigor, because I am closer to this band working and THAT'S EXCITING ! Sure didn't take long to get back on track. So that is the story of my first fill and now I am on track to attempt the thirty lb. loss before Christmas, not that I plan to take off 30 lbs in the next ~ 14 wks, but the challenge sounds like fun NOT stress. My goal is to take off 2 lbs/wk and it should be fun!

Ah this sounds good.

I had my first fill yesterday. I had 4ml when I had my surgery and then another 1ml put in yesterday. I didnt feel a thing, I couldnt believe it when she said she was all done!

i had forgotten how hard liquids are though, I hate milkshakes and have had Soup for lunch and tea today. My energy feels quite low. Looking forward to the mushy diet tomorrow and friday, but cant wait for normal food on Saturday.

They were really pleased with my weight loss though, and I just hope I don't feel as hungry when I start proper food on Saturday.

Onwards and upwards. Good Luck everyone ^_^