Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any regrets? is it harder or easier then you thought?

Just curious what your thoughts are........

My only regret is that I didn't pursue this sooner in life. It has been a lot harder that what I originally realized, but I'm glad I don't like taking the easy road.

I'm not regretting anything so far I just hope this lapband works. I cant exercise yet but I'm so ready to drop this weight and work my but off. I just don't know what to eat as I do.

Just wish I would have done it sooner in life. Being over weight 51 years was too long! Better journey then I expected. The year flew by and so did the pounds!

It was harder than I initially thought it would be. Initially I thought the band would stop me eating and BAM I'd be thin coz I'd eat less. But with research I realised the part I would have to play in it.

But it wasn't hard. I ate well, exercised and the weight came off steadily. And when I finally got to green zone, my hunger pretty much became non-existent (like after you were first banded) and then it was easy. The hardest part was staying on program while I trusted that I would get to the green zone eventually.

Honestly, I've found it to be a lot easier than I expected. I knew going into this the band was a tool not a magic fix for fat. I knew the work I had to do to be successful and was committed to doing it.

I went into this thinking if I could lose 150 pounds in 2 years, I'd have been thrilled. I have shocked even myself by losing 227 pounds in 19 months- and I'm still losing.

I have no regrets. Getting the Lap Band is the best decision I've ever made for myself.

No regrets and it's much harder than I thought it would be. I was one of those who thought I'd be at my goal weight in 6 months. Ha!

Not complaining at all. This is a life lesson for me and I'm older than dirt.

tmf

No regrets like others would of like to have been banded earlier. Difficult only in the sense that sometimes bad habits creep in.

The benefits have been better than the difficulties. No meds is one of my favorites.

No regrets and it's much harder than I thought it would be. I was one of those who thought I'd be at my goal weight in 6 months. Ha!

Not complaining at all. This is a life lesson for me and I'm older than dirt.

tmf

Ditto!

In the very beginning 1-3 weeks post op, I regretted everything. That was because of the pain I experienced afterward during those 2 weeks. Not the bands fault by my own body not being able to tolerate the surgery drugs/procedure well. Now that my body has gone through this ridiculously long healing phase and no longer in pain I am glad I did it.

Hasnt been hard yet. But Im still just beginning :)

No regrets at all. I wish I had done this sooner. I started researching and attending seminars over 3 yrs ago. I had insurance but was initially denied. Then I changed insurance company and things started happening fast. I'm grateful for this band.

Easiest thing I could have ever done....has met all my pre-op expectations.....the only hard part, and extremely frustrating, was the first few months, bandster hell, where I had to go through all the adjustments, put up with all the stuck episodes, days where nothing would stay down, finding out the hard way what foods where riskier than others and stay away from, and in spite of everything I was taught, I still had to learn the hard way how to eat the way a skinny person dos, and not the fat glutton I was before....

But once I got trough all that frustration..and finally settled into that "Green Zone", it has been absolutely unbelievable...could not be any better than this.....there is nothing I need to do but go live a normal life, with all the weight naturally coming off and returning to a normal state ....to say I have a new life is a understatement...

Hunger and portion sizes under control by the band, not me....

Like I said, it was hard and a struggle, but only for a short time...and I am glad I persevered and was determined to get through it and break out the other side.....

No regrets, but it has been harder (mentally) than I thought it would be. Best thing I've ever done for myself.

let me add my no regrets in regards

to my banding procedure on this thread also.

i only regret one thing....that i upset people with me telling them to be responsible for themselves and to let the band do its job..it doesnt make me ms popular however....the band gave me the belief that it can be done if one truly (wants) it and i advise people to do just that...but if i have helped one person, that is what is important....as when i started on this forum last year, i got that same advice..