Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I made it through day one. 13 more days to go. I am hoping this was the hardest. But I truly doubt that. I just need to keep my eye on the bigger picture.

Just remind yourself every minute of every day why you need/want this. It will take some discipline and hard work but I promise it's worth it...

Just take one day at a time, one hour at a time if needed. It will get hard but you can do it!!!

Today was also my day 1 but I already know what to expect since I started a liquid diet with my friend a while ago... Good luck. Is your surgery on the 22?

I made it through day one. 13 more days to go. I am hoping this was the hardest. But I truly doubt that. I just need to keep my eye on the bigger picture.

In a few months you won't recall this. I don't remember from 1 year ago at all. I survived and most of us did too. I never cheated because I was afraid of what could go wrong. Not on this journey to see what could happen and go wrong. You will be fine.

I was very unsuccessful with the pre-op. Day 1 was easy bcuz i had just eaten like a pig the night before.

I dont understand how some surgeons require the pre-op and others do not.

Needless to say i did the very best i could but trying to go cold turkey was impossible for me.

On the 12th day i called my drs office and told the nurses my pre op wasnt going well. She asked whether or not id gained anything since my last visit and without knowing for sure i just said No.

She said as long as i hadnt put any weight on it wld be ok.

I guess i shld also add tht i paid outta pocket and didnt have to adhere to the insurance stipulations and guidelines. I was also 205. And Im sure my surgeon has had to move larger livers in his day.

Hi, just want to add a little encouragement as well. The first couple of days are hard but I agree with Jim, keep focused on the bigger picture, this is one very necessary step in that direction. Keep a journal and write down how you really feel ... nothing fancy ... just a line here and a line there only when you've got something to say. I found that helped. Keep coming here, knowing you aren't alone and reading the stories of others on similar journeys really really helps. Good luck to you, you CAN do this, you really can!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using LapBandTalk

Thank you for all the encouragement. It's day two early morning and I awoke with a nasty headache. I was a diet soda for caffeine drinker so I will have to get over that hurdle. Yes, my surgery is the 22nd. My pre op consists of Protein Shakes and Clear Liquids. I am a little afraid of my doctor so going off the beaten path is not an option. I worry that they will open me and not do the procedure. Everyone have a great day.

72hrs before the surgery a nurse will call to reiterate the 12hr fast before surgery. If the doctor does find that u've eaten within tht time he'll cancel the surgery and send u packing.

Not even a sip of Water from brushing ur teeth is allowed 12hrs prior.

No i dont recommend tht u deviate from the pre op protocol give it 110% if not more. Im not sure how it works when insurance is paying. But as days go by it gets VERY difficult. By the 4th day my stomach was growling i was light headed with the shakes.

By the 5th day i was over it. I cheated. If i had that type of discipline I wldnt need lap band.

I'm on day 3 and its been hard! I cheated a little today and had some more Protein than prescribed but I was about to pass out so I figure some shredded turkey was ok.

The headaches have been bad but subsided now. Thank goodness! My next hurdle - lunch at the inlaws on Sunday :s

Good luck xx

You can do this! I found my pre-op diet got better each day. Just remember the prize you're striving for and it will be so worth it.

Day two down, a lot harder than 1. My husband says I am moody but how would he feel with no food. Off to sleep and make it I to day three. Thanks for all the support.

I am on day 7. I was so craving a hamburger yesterday that I sat in the parking lot of McDonald's for 20 minutes. Then I drove away drinking a Protein Shake. If I never see a shake after post op stage I couldn't be happier.