Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's official!! I'm ba-ba-banded!! :)

Was banded yesterday morning. Totally felt like a truck ran me over, but woke up this morning feeling a bit better... I know once I make it through the next few days, things will start to feel more "normal."

I'm surprised (but not complaining!) that I don't have more gas pain (I remember it well from when I had a c-section 3 years ago). Just pain on my left side where my port is.

I'm excited for the days to come! :)

Welcome to the family, and wishing you success on your journey

Was banded yesterday morning. Totally felt like a truck ran me over' date=' but woke up this morning feeling a bit better... I know once I make it through the next few days, things will start to feel more "normal."

I'm surprised (but not complaining!) that I don't have more gas pain (I remember it well from when I had a c-section 3 years ago). Just pain on my left side where my port is.

I'm excited for the days to come! :)[/quote']

I was banded yesterday too!! I was prepared for gas pains after my c-section but haven't had any. My shoulders (mostly my right) have been giving me hell though!! I'm just hoping I wake up feeling a bit better tomorrow. Not so much hit by a bus and more hit by a bike lol.

Congrats!!!! I was banded july 31st. I had little to no gas after surgery but the days after it started up a bit more. I still have it now 6 days post op even though its getting a bit better.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and congratulations on this big step. Keep us posted -- I am (hopefully) right behind you, still awaiting a date. Best wishes!

Just FYI intraperitoneal gas starts 2-3 days postop and is typically felt in the right shoulder due to the phrenic nerve being stimulated resulting in referred pain

Congratulations! I was banded yesterday and am feeling quite sore and gas in chest. I had a hernia repair as well and I think that's where the chest pains are originating from....hoping for a better day tomorrow

I am feeling more gassy today, and wanting to burp but can't. Shoulder pain has eased though thankfully!

I had some cream of wheat for breakfast! And it was glorious! :)

Today starts "phase 2" of my post-op diet. Looking forward to a Protein shake in a bit.

How are you guys doing?

On mushies since Monday. Nice to eat real food. All goes down fine and I'm not hungry. I feel like eating due to habit. I was told 4 oz every 4 hours but I eat more than 4 oz. Maybe 6 or 8 oz. Is this bad?

I am 3 days post op and have a follow up appt with my surgeon today. I am struggling with the gas pain in my chest and shoulders...had a rough night feels like I am having difficulty breathing from the pressure. I think they will start me on phase two today as well. I am barely getting down clears but do better with the warm broth. Hoping tomorrow is a better day! How is everyone doing?

I am 3 days post op and have a follow up appt with my surgeon today. I am struggling with the gas pain in my chest and shoulders...had a rough night feels like I am having difficulty breathing from the pressure. I think they will start me on phase two today as well. I am barely getting down clears but do better with the warm broth. Hoping tomorrow is a better day! How is everyone doing?

I am 4 days post-op and have also had bad gas pains in my chest and shoulders. They ease after a couple of hours but it is sooo uncomfortable. My port site hurts to lay down and sit up with. And I can only lay on my back to sleep but am more comfortable sitting on the sofa. My heat pack has been my best friend the last few days!! I have mainly been sipping Water and sucking on Popsicles. I had broth the first two days but feel over it now. Looking forward to some soft foods in a couple of weeks, like scrambled eggs! But my surgeon said I have to wait till two weeks after surgery. Thin liquids the first week, then thicker liquids in the second week, then soft mushy foods in the third week. When is your first fill scheduled for?

I am 4 days post-op and have also had bad gas pains in my chest and shoulders. They ease after a couple of hours but it is sooo uncomfortable. My port site hurts to lay down and sit up with. And I can only lay on my back to sleep but am more comfortable sitting on the sofa. My heat pack has been my best friend the last few days!! I have mainly been sipping Water and sucking on Popsicles. I had broth the first two days but feel over it now. Looking forward to some soft foods in a couple of weeks' date=' like scrambled eggs! But my surgeon said I have to wait till two weeks after surgery. Thin liquids the first week, then thicker liquids in the second week, then soft mushy foods in the third week. When is your first fill scheduled for?[/quote']

I have my follow up on 8/13. Then my next appt is 9/25... I'm guessing my first fill will be then, but I'll confirm that on Monday.

On mushies since Monday. Nice to eat real food. All goes down fine and I'm not hungry. I feel like eating due to habit. I was told 4 oz every 4 hours but I eat more than 4 oz. Maybe 6 or 8 oz. Is this bad?

When did you have surgery? I can't have mushers until 8/21 and was banded 8/5.

I think once you get your fill, you won't be able to eat as much.

The schedule the doc gave me is this (times are approx):

7am: 2oz of cream of wheat or yogurt

10am: 2-4 oz of Protein shake

12:30pm: 2oz of Soup or yogurt

3:30pm: 2-4oz of Protein Shake

6:30pm: 2oz of Soup or pudding

It also states to start with 2oz servings and build up to 4oz