Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pituitary tumor

VQ, I am so sorry to hear about this...at least you may be getting closer to an answer though. Big Hugs to get you through this.

As for your Mum, say and do everything you can think of so if/when she goes you will have no regrets...thats the main thing...NO REGRETS!

I wish there wasnt an ocean between us so I could reach out and give you big bear hugs.

Cyrstal, I've been thinking about you and how strong you have been for others. You have such a wonderful caring personality and you always have the right thing to say.

Just being around you is a blessing.

Your in my thoughts and prayers!

Happy Mothers day to you and your Mom.

Oh Cyrstal, I am so sorry to hear all of this. We all are here for you.

Love ya girl!! (((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

well, I'm seeing a new doc today, I've gotta do something about these damn head aches... I've had a head ache since frelling NOVEMBER. The last doc told me that I'd have to wait 4 months to get into their headache clinic, but since I've had a head ache this long, what's 4 more months. (insert the hair-on-fire emoticon)

I'm going to ask for a referal to a therapist, since I really think I'm gonna need some help dealing with everthing. I've tried and tried but I just have no idea how to deal with the concept of a brain tumor. I mean, what the hell do I do with that information? I've been spending a lot of time the last week escaping reality by slipping into my favorite video games, but I know that isn't a long term solution.

I spent Mother's Day with my mom, sister, grandmother and adopted sister. It was for the most part really great, except for having to deal with my meglomaniac younger brother, who's managed to convince himself that he's the only true heir. He went off on our adopted sister and told her that our mom's house was his house, and she was there at his whim only. WTF????

My mother is absolutely thriving on all the attention and the possibility of dieing on Friday. It's so weird, I mean w-e-i-r-d, yet so my mother. I haven't seen her so animated or happy in years. it's just so bizare.

Anyway, thanks again so much for being here, it does mean so much to me. I know that I'm not very active here right now, but well, I'm fighting to maintain some sort of mental stability. (insert the hair-on-fire emotion here)

Dear Vines, I don't know how Ive missed this thread, I am so sorry to hear of your mom diagnosis and of course to hear of your tumor. I think most everyone would be very animated to know that their death is very soon, I mean you hardly get to experience the emotion and of course it would be hard to know how to act in front of anyone while the shock is there. I cant imagine how I would behave. I hope your brother can calm down, stress really shows the stuff we are made of.

I am hoping you can find someone that can help you with good counsel at this time, someone who is gifted in teaching people how to deal with so much at one time.

I'm so sorry you are in the middle of this right now. And headaches on top of it all. I am praying for you and your family.

As far as time with your mom is concerned, that is all good advice I think. Even if there is no communication, just being with her is good. Sometimes we make the mistake of feeling like we have to have all the answers, or have to say something, but just being there is very good.

Call if I can do anything OK? I really mean it. Ill be there in a heartbeat.

((((((HUGS)))))))

headaches= stress + illnesss + stress + stress + illness

- try to let some of it go if you can (not that I think anyone could, given the overwhelming circumstances)

We all love you here, and SOO many of us are praying not only for your physical health, but for the entire situation you are living through!!! It is frequently said that God never gives us more than we can handle, so he definitely knows how incredibly strong you are!!!!!!! (that was supposed to be a funny)

Take care of yourself first and foremost so that you can take care of the loved ones around you (and, of course, the not so likeable ones, too!)

By the way, what video games do you play? I am personally a Kingdom Hearts freak! I played the first one a zillion times, and I'm about to finish the second one...my poor house is in shambles!!! Thank goodness today is my last day of work - now maybe I'll have time for my family, my house, and my GAME!!!hehehe

Love you, Crystal. . . keep your head high (even with the ice pack perched on top)

~cheri

Seems sometimes we are being ganged up on in life. Gosh, I do understand. My Mom passed away on Nov12 of 05. She was incredibly ill for 10 months she never left a medical facility. She was in a total of 7 different places. It was a very difficult time for me. I miss her terribly and I am going through my parents home and disposing of their lifetime of possesions. Hardest job I have ever had. If you need an ear to cry or talk or laugh, I would be that ear for you. Contact me in a privatee-mail and we can talk.

My granddaughter has a pituatary tumor too. Whe is 10 and had it removed and is doing very well. Was benign. I am going to pray for you. By now you have had tests I am sure. Best of luck!!

Darlene

Thank you all so much. My mother's surgery went really well, and she's doing great. Now I can concentrate on me, since I don't have to spend so much energy being worried about her.

I sure don't know how or what I"ll do next, but I think getting some counceling will probably be a good idea. I still don't know how to deal with this information.

And thank you so very much Capt'n Jack! That is exactly what I needed!

I'll be spending some more time up at my sister's house, probably most of this next week while our mother is still in the hospital.

Thank you all so much.

That is good News Vines about your Mum. Glad she is fine.

Now it is your turn ~ Where are you at in the process now??

Best wishes Crystal that you are doing alot better...

Hello Lady's I'm new looking at be a bander too and have been Reading you for a wile and stumbled on this post and Vinesqueen I had what you have the cushin's I was diagnosed when I was 14 and I'm almost 30 now. I actually had the tumor removal twice and thank god it's been almost 12 years since the second surgery. I did loose some weight after the removal but I've been gaining some every time I diet so now I'm awaiting for insurance approval.

all you have to do while all this proses of the testing is keep calm and take one step at a time. everything is going to work out fine.

Vines - My prayers are with you and your family. I am glad to hear your mom is better. Now, get yourself well, we need your wisdom on this board.

Hang in there sweetie, better things are on the way for you!:girl_hug:

I'm with ReneBean on this one. Since you've known for awhile something was wrong now that you know what it is you can address it specifically. Brain surgery is pretty amazing these days.

My mother had BS for "Water on the brain" where they went in and installed a shunt from the side of her head down to her hip. I could not BELIEVE what a difference it made. She went to someone who seemed like an Alzheimer's patient right back to her old self in a matter of days. Since her surgery was such a lifesaver I don't know why it took them about 6 months (from diagnosis) to DO it. I hope you're able to get them to move faster with you.

BIG HUGS!