Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight not moving....

One month and 3 days post surgery. My first fill is tomorrow. I currently have 1.5 cc in a 12 cc band. I am keeping my daily calorie intake between 1000 and 1200 calories a day. For the last week I have lost.....nothing!!! I have only lost 5kg since my surgery on June 29th so weight has been moving slowly. My big concern is that with controlling my calories now and I am not losing how does it bode for me moving forward? Having a moment... need a voice of sanity!!

Hey there,

Hate to say it but not everyone loses EVERY WEEK. Your body has to get used to the new routine of food and portions. Keep your eye on the bigger picture, you have lost 37 lbs that is FANTASTIC! If the scale isn't moving think about how your clothes are fitting and do you FEEL better. The scale isn't the only indication that things are going well.

Deep breath, it's a long road ahead, like a marathon, not a sprint - and I hate sports comparrisons. :unsure:

I was banded on July 10th. I was stuck with no movement for six days and was just about to get sad. I could tell my body was making changes though. Low and behold the scale has dropped 5 lbs in the last three days. Be patient. It will happen. I have no fill in my band and i'm still under 1000 calories a day. Very pleased. Hang in there.

typical weight loss is 1-2lbs per week. I personally feel, and this is only my opinion , you shouldn't constantly weight yourself. If you have the right portions and are exercising 3-5 days a week. there should be no problem with making the 1-3 lbs. Even if you haven't lost anything that week, try on an old pair of pants that used to fit you snug. If they are fitting just a little bit better than that is a good sign. Just keep going and everything should be fine.

It also could be that you might need another fill or have them check your band just to make sure everything is ok. :) Good luck!

This is still the healing period and common

Take yr measurments compare them monthly... also pics are a good way to see loss when scale is not moving... of u r loosing inches u r loosing weight the scales will catch up :-)

I haven't lost in 2 wks! ;(

This is still the healing period and common

Absolutely. Once you start getting good restriction that's when the real weight loss begins.

Hello I'm new to this forum, well I have only been losing about 2 lbs or 3 lbs per month. My doctor tells me is because I still eat some carbs here and there. :( It's hard to completely stop eating carbs when you are hispanic and all you eat is rice, tortillas and Beans. But I will not give up & keep going until I get to my goal.

Losing weight with any modality including the band or WW or Jenny Craig never was and never will be a linear line going down every day or week. If you burn 500 calories a day more than you consume, you could lose 1 lb per week. If it's TOM or if you ate too much sodium or you exercised and built up 1 lb of muscle, you may not lose any weight and may in fact gain weight.

The goal is to lose fat, and you may find weeks or months of plateaus on your journey. Early in your journey we lose lots of excess fluids we've retained within the fat cells in our body. Once the excess fluids are gone, the weight loss slows down. So it sounds like you're on the right path, 11 lbs in one month is great.

One month and 3 days post surgery. My first fill is tomorrow. I currently have 1.5 cc in a 12 cc band. I am keeping my daily calorie intake between 1000 and 1200 calories a day. For the last week I have lost.....nothing!!! I have only lost 5kg since my surgery on June 29th so weight has been moving slowly. My big concern is that with controlling my calories now and I am not losing how does it bode for me moving forward? Having a moment... need a voice of sanity!!

I posted something similar a few days ago about not losing anything for three consecutive weeks soon after getting banded, but this week I lost 2 pounds.... It's going to come off. I believe it's our body healing as some band experts here have shared.

I got told that we are still completely not recovered until 6-7 weeks post op.

I had similar experience with scale. Only 1-2 pounds a week and then last Thursday I was own 5 from the day before. I expected to have a "correction " this morning but actually down another .5. My body tends to save it and release it all at once. This is one of the reason that both of he nutritionist I worK with raised my daily calories from 1000 a lories to 1800