Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 22 weeks and my ob has been concerned with that I had lost 10 pounds. I had seen my surgeon last week and had 1cc taken out of my band. My concern now is that I had gained back all 10 pounds in 1 week. What experiences have you had with weight gain and taking Fluid out? I do not feel as if I eat enough to gain 10 pounds in a week.

when i first had 3ccs removed because they were freaking about my losing 5 pounds, my weight went...wonky is the best way i can put it. i ate salads and such like i did throughout my pregnancy and my weight seemed to skyrocket no matter what i did. the good news is that towards the middle of the second trimester it stopped rising so quickly. body moderated itself because i still continued with the salads and Proteins like i did in the beginning. hormones do weird things.

I had a full unfill at week six. Over the next few weeks I gained about 7 pounds. Now over the past 3-4 weeks I have lost two pounds. I think that when your body is used to a very specific calorie intake (say 1000-1200) then you all of the sudden are eating more (1500-1800) it really throws your body out of wack. But after my body got use to the new calorie intake I have lost weight and am now trying to add in some extra calories so I don't continue to loose weight. Also, if you have eaten a lot of things with high sodium levels this can cause you to retain a lot of Fluid you could try to eat some foods that are natural diuretics to see if Water weight was contributing to your problem. I know when I eat Mexican food I weigh 5 pounds more the next day.

If you are eating carbs again and you weren't before you unfill (like I was) that could also contribute to a crazy fast weight gain. It should even out though! (at least it did for me)

Sounds like a lot of that is Water weight too. Don't stress too much, I know its easy. I went from gaining nothing to gaining 10lbs in a month and its a shock at first, but my doctor wasn't concerned at all and reminded me that Im still doing a great job and just be smart about things. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches