Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other September 2013 bandsters?

What is the secret for getting out of bed? Ouchie ouchie! I used a pillow, but wowsers, such pain! Other than that, I'm all good right now. I did weigh myself out of curiosity, I gained 6 lbs in a day! What?!? Tell me again why that happens?

What worked for me was to kinda turn and get my legs out first and on the ground while I was still laying down. I would slide down a but to where the middle of my back was on the edge then I would use my arms and legs to push me up instead of using my abs. Wasnt easy at first though. Gets better.

What worked for me was to kinda turn and get my legs out first and on the ground while I was still laying down. I would slide down a but to where the middle of my back was on the edge then I would use my arms and legs to push me up instead of using my abs. Wasnt easy at first though. Gets better.

This is the way I got out of bed also...this was the only way without hurting too much.

I have not tried a bed yet. I have been sleeping in a recliner and it is much easier to get out of. How are you feeling today? I am not feeling to bad. My pain meds actually work a little on the pain. I still have some gas to get up, but warm drinks or broth along with the gas x, walking, and heating pad seems to help. I was down 2 pounds from what I gained during surgery so I know I am slowly getting better. I am hoping that I only have a few more pounds of gas and swelling weight to go. lol

Thx for the tips! I have no more gas pain, just a rumbly, tooty tummy and pretty rough pain at the belly button. Definitely just like my c section. Med is making me really sleepy. Zzzzzzzz

How awesome is it to have a forum where people can go and talk about gas, burping, flatulence and BM's and actually get supported and congratulated on it. At least I know where I can find the real people in this world.

Congratulations to all my fellow bandsters on your burps and so on!!! Hope you're feeling better with every release :)

Ha ha! That's funny! As a nurse, those topics are always talked about and celebrated! I'm feeling so much better! I can honestly say that yesterday and today my hunger is so much less. A Protein drink/shake is really satisfying me. I'm on day 6 and feel fairly "normal". Spoke with my Drs nurse and she said that since I wasn't having any difficulties with my liquids that I may get to try some mushy foods starting tomorrow (my one week post op appt is tomorrow). If my scales are correct I think I have dropped 8 lbs since surgery! Not bad for 6 days! This is very exciting and I'm so happy to already see a difference. Hope everyone is doing and feeling great! :)

Ha ha! That's funny! As a nurse' date=' those topics are always talked about and celebrated! I'm feeling so much better! I can honestly say that yesterday and today my hunger is so much less. A Protein drink/shake is really satisfying me. I'm on day 6 and feel fairly "normal". Spoke with my Drs nurse and she said that since I wasn't having any difficulties with my liquids that I may get to try some mushy foods starting tomorrow (my one week post op appt is tomorrow). If my scales are correct I think I have dropped 8 lbs since surgery! Not bad for 6 days! This is very exciting and I'm so happy to already see a difference. Hope everyone is doing and feeling great! :)[/quote']

I am starting mushies tomorrow too! I was so excited. Friday will be my one week post op but I went in today and got my staples pulled and the rn said I am doing great so to go ahead and work towards mushies. :)

I can't believe y'all are already starting mushies. Im jealous. I still have another week:(

I'm not going to push it with eating mushy foods. I'm going to still stick to broth and shakes because I want to lose as much weight as possible. We'll see...I'm going to try a new Protein Shake recipe this afternoon...mmmm (I hope).

Do tell. What recipe might that be??? I have a few up my sleeve. I actually love my shakes and have not missed food one bit. Shakes will definitely be the constant in my diet for a long time.

I've lost 10 lbs in 7 days!

However, decided I've been pushing myself too much so I stayed home from work today. Going to take it easy today. I was more tired yesterday than over the weekend. I'm getting enough Protein so figured it was time for a rest.

I'm so ready for mushies. I meet with my dr on fri so I will ask. I've been blending Soups, yogurt, n cottage chease and having no problems. I can even drink 10-12 oz in about 20 min. So I think I'm ready...

Protein Shake recipe (Wendy's frosty):

3/4 cup of milk of your choice - suggested almond milk

15 ice cubes

1 scoop vanilla Protein Powder

1-2 TB spoons unsweetened cocoa

Sweetener of your choice or 1/4 banana

I haven't tried yet but I'm going to make it now I think!

Ok that's good! Doesn't taste like a frosty but it's pretty darn good!

I can't believe y'all are already starting mushies. Im jealous. I still have another week:(

Lol, me too!! The dietician that I am seeing called in sick yesterday and I can't advance to mushys until I see her (the appointment was made for this Friday). I had my surgery 15 days ago and I am soo ready to move out of the full liquid stage!!!