Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other September 2013 bandsters?

Personally I think a little chocolate every now and then is ok. The band is supposed to limit our choices but it is up to us to make better choices. Instead of getting the king size Twix or Milky Way, choose a dark chocolate in a sensible amount. The dark chocolate Hersheys Kisses are a great choice. Small and sensible. Here's the thing, the liquid diet and all is supposed to help us detox. When you start reintroducing complicated sugars and processed sugars your body will start to crave them. It literally becomes no different than an addict needing another fix. It's not your fault you need the sugar fix its just the way you've treated your body. Dont ruin your detox time and have to start over. Simple, natural sugars are not addicting, well not as addicting, however. That's why you technically don't get addicted to healthy Protein bars!!! They dont have all the processed sugars. So keep it simple, keep it natural. Breads are the same way. Tons of proceeded sugars. Keep it natural. When was the last time you craved a corn tortilla? As long as we are putting natural, whole foods into our bodies there should be no cravings, only hunger.

Of course all of this is my opinion and in NO way clinically based:)

I am craving popcorn. I just want it with a little salt. I am so close to just fixing some even though I have only been banded since the 30th.

Feeling kind of lost and alone...

10 days post op. No problems with food.Feel like I could eat anything with no problems. Went to a support group tonight, but almost everyone was by pass people so didn't relate to them. Feel like I'm on an island and no one notices or understands.

Feeling kind of lost and alone...

10 days post op. No problems with food.Feel like I could eat anything with no problems. Went to a support group tonight, but almost everyone was by pass people so didn't relate to them. Feel like I'm on an island and no one notices or understands.

I'm so with you!! I am 14 days post op and ate a candy bar today! I'm beginning to worry that this isn't going to work for me! Let's see if we can't find ways to encourage each other?

I know that I may get grief for this but the band is a tool to help us...eating food that is not good for us is eating from emotion as well as bad habit. The band does not send an electrical zap to our hands when we reach for something that is not healthy for us. Even when restricted, it is up to us to eat healthy and follow the rules that the dietician gives us. No matter what surgery you opted to get, you will get cravings and want to eat from emotion or habit and with all three weight loss options you can gain weight and make unhealthy food choices. We as strong woman and men (and let's face it, we all have strong will and amazingly strong inner strength) and have to overcome the emotions and bad habits and learn to eat better for ourselves. Prepare yourself for emotional hunger (keep a Protein Bar, sugar free pudding, sf Jello, sf pops in your reach) recognize the emotion and don't give in. It is not easy but every day give yourself a pep talk and say that you are worth it...you deserve to be healthy...you can do it!! This marathon has just begun and I am determined to go the distance and cross that finish line.

I'm so with you!! I am 14 days post op and ate a candy bar today! I'm beginning to worry that this isn't going to work for me! Let's see if we can't find ways to encourage each other?

Hang in ther Debbie!!! We have to not beat ourselves up for yesterday and start strong again today.

Hey ladies and gents! I just wanted to throw this out there! We have many different "feelings" going on right now along with our bodies adjusting to changes. Let's not be so hard on ourselves. If you "cheat" it's ok. As long as you are trying to makes changes and making progress with your choices and your weight loss then that means you are succeeding. Your mindset isn't going to just magically change overnight. Bad habits are hard to break. FYI I had a little ice cream two days in a row. One was full fledged ice cream and the other was low fat frozen yogurt - so see I made some changes ;)

Keep smiling and pushing forward!!

Hey ladies and gents! I just wanted to throw this out there! We have many different "feelings" going on right now along with our bodies adjusting to changes. Let's not be so hard on ourselves. If you "cheat" it's ok. As long as you are trying to makes changes and making progress with your choices and your weight loss then that means you are succeeding. Your mindset isn't going to just magically change overnight. Bad habits are hard to break. FYI I had a little ice cream two days in a row. One was full fledged ice cream and the other was low fat frozen yogurt - so see I made some changes ;)

Keep smiling and pushing forward!!

I am glad you said this. I hope it will get through to some so they can stop beating up themselves if they slip.

Hang in ther Debbie!!! We have to not beat ourselves up for yesterday and start strong again today.

Yes, I woke up today and weighed myself for the week. I weight the same as last Friday. I know I'm eating too much. I am sitting here now re-reading all the dietician handouts on what to eat and how much. I am going to re-commit as of today to get thru this next week! I will work on one day at a time...

I bought the Protein Bars to have around at work - between 2-3 pm is when I get that chocolate craving so I am hoping this will help that problem.

On a positive note, I am up to walking 4 miles a day now as of last night. I walk 2 miles at lunch at work, then another 2 miles at night after dinner with my boyfriend. I'm feeling good about this. So as long as I'm making positive steps towards a better me, I can't really complain too much...

Could you rub some of that off on me? 4 miles!!! That's awesome...I need to get off my butt. That's going to be my biggest challenge of all! I've been sedentary (besides 14 hr days as a nurse) for so long - it's going to be a major battle!!

14 hr a day as a nurse isn't what I would call being sedentary! I have an office job - I sit behind a computer all day! Getting off my butt is new for me too...lol

I have to agree with Georgia on the feelings comment. I ask though, why are women so hard on themselves? I may never understand that.

I can only spec for myself but I am hard on myself because I feel the need to be perfect! All women want to be sexy and beautiful and sometimes it's very hard to do that when you know what it should take (diet and exercise) and we can't follow simple rules to get us there. The lack of discipline is my biggest frustration with me! I can't speak for anyone else...

I agree Debbie. I feel the pressure also as a nurse to be healthy since I know all of the "side effects" of being obese. I work as a private hospice nurse because I felt as though I was always under the microscope when I worked in a public setting. People are not always very kind.

I agree Debbie. I feel the pressure also as a nurse to be healthy since I know all of the "side effects" of being obese. I work as a private hospice nurse because I felt as though I was always under the microscope when I worked in a public setting. People are not always very kind.

I agree, they really are not! But we have made a good decision for ourselves. We just have to do the work and get to that magic "green zone" you hear about and change our lives...one healthy decision at a time :)