Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Psych Eval-Feeling Frustrated.

Hello All,

I had my psych eval at the end of May this year. My ins co.only requirement is 6 months pcp visits. I completed number 4 of my pcp visits this week, so I contacted my surgeons office about what the next stages would be. In making that phone call, I was told that I had not completed the psychologist recommendation of individual counseling????? WHAT??? That was the first I heard of it. I asked if she was confused with someone else and then she just asked if I wanted the report faxed or mailed to me. I am ticked. Ummm, the only thing the psychologist told me to do was attend a support group.

Has this happened to anyone else? Can I protest this? Wouldn't the doctor mentioned something to me? He actually told me I would be a great candidate for surgery. Anyone else had to do this and how long did it take. I was on a count down to getting my surgery scheduled.....now I don't how long this is going to set me back?

Thanks,

momof2sn

Hello All,

I had my psych eval at the end of May this year. My ins co.only requirement is 6 months pcp visits. I completed number 4 of my pcp visits this week, so I contacted my surgeons office about what the next stages would be. In making that phone call, I was told that I had not completed the psychologist recommendation of individual counseling????? WHAT??? That was the first I heard of it. I asked if she was confused with someone else and then she just asked if I wanted the report faxed or mailed to me. I am ticked. Ummm, the only thing the psychologist told me to do was attend a support group.

Has this happened to anyone else? Can I protest this? Wouldn't the doctor mentioned something to me? He actually told me I would be a great candidate for surgery. Anyone else had to do this and how long did it take. I was on a count down to getting my surgery scheduled.....now I don't how long this is going to set me back?

Thanks,

momof2sn

Hi,

I just saw the psychologist in my surgeon's office and I had to sign a section on one of the informational forms I filled out before I saw her that said I would complete the required recommendation of the psychologist...whatever it may be.

I agree with Missy, I would ask to see the report and see if you signed anything like I did. I signed the form BEFORE seeing the psychologist but during our discussion she made a big point to explain what I had signed....

Good luck...hope you get it resolved quickly and easily!!!!

Thanks Ladies,

I remember filling out a questionnaire. I guess what is terrible is that I was not told anything and not given anything stating what he wanted me to do and here I have wasted precious time. I am trying to be thankful that I have two months before my pcp visits are over.......still frustrating to know at this point in the game :wacko:

momof2sn

The Psychologist mentioned it to me that I need a councilor. I went and got one.

All I felt was panic so I understand your situation. Then she wanted to speak with my Psychiatrist....that took 2 months to happen...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using LapBandTalk

Well after a phone call this morning to my bariatric center I was told there were no suggestions for treatment on my psych eval. No I am trying to get in touch with my surgeons office to confirm they have the correct report. Nothing like sitting on pins and needles. I just hope it gets cleared up. I will not be happy if this sets back my timeline. Crossing my fingers :(

Momof2sn

Great news....psychologist personally called me today to let me know the surgical group was wrong and he had given me psychological clearance in May when I saw him. YIPEEEE :D

Some psychologists are kinda wierd on things. When I went for my psych eval I almost had him laying on the couch telling me about his childhood. It was kinda funny to be honest. he actually said he had never had an evaluation go this way and that I should have been a psychologist. HAHA!