Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 1/2months out 4fills later feeling restriction

I have had 4fills and its been 5 1/2 months since I was banded. I have maintained my weight. But have not lost at all. I just receiced my 4th fill last week and for the first time feel restriction. I'm very excited abt that. I have abt 6cc in my band. Has anyone else had this happend them, where it took so long for weight loss and restriction

So you have not lost any weight with the band? I was banded on Mya 6th and have lost about 22lbs. It is been a slow process for me. I have had 2 fills. I have 5.5cc in a 10cc band. I go for another fill on Aug 9th.

I will tell you that I am watching what I eat... no sugar and no carbs. Protein 1st! It isn't easy... and I do feel like I am on a diet BUT I do not get hungry and I do not want any bad foods, (Mcdonalds etc...) to go into me. So I am eating a lot healthier now. I would not say it has been easy but it hasn't been all that difficult either. Having no or very little hungry has helped alot. Good luck to you...remember the band is just the tool WE have to make the right foods choices...the band will never do that for us.

My surgery was 4 months ago, and i've had 3 fills. I feel almost no restriction and have lost 20 lbs since surgery. I have been gaining and losing the same 5 lbs forever! I've been eating healthily aside from a couple slips here and there but not like I ate before the band. It's been frustrating but I just try to remember that slow and steady wins the race. I have an appointment with my surgeon next week, will talk to him, and gt another fill.

Good luck to you!

I am 4 months out and have been losing and gaining the same 5 pounds. Had a fill and a chat with DR. After the fill I have found that there are foods I no longer can have. I feel I am getting close to my green zone. So very excited cause I have been depressed about the weight lost.

Im on my 4th fill doc says I have about 7 cc. Im officially feeling restriction and can only get in 2 small meals since my fill. Now Im down 38 lbs total HOWEVER!! I am 8 months out and 1st 20lbs came off in 1st 2 months. My surgeon seemed very upset with me. He said he hopes this is my last fill! What???

Isn't this for tool for life?

My general doc said 35 seems about all I should have expected and If I wanted to lose more I should have had the sleeve.

Im very down and feeling regretful. Especially when I am trying to stay under 800 calories and cut out almost all carbs and sugars.

Highest weight 224 12/09/12

Current 186

Height 5'1

Im on my 4th fill doc says I have about 7 cc. Im officially feeling restriction and can only get in 2 small meals since my fill. Now Im down 38 lbs total HOWEVER!! I am 8 months out and 1st 20lbs came off in 1st 2 months. My surgeon seemed very upset with me. He said he hopes this is my last fill! What???

Isn't this for tool for life?

My general doc said 35 seems about all I should have expected and If I wanted to lose more I should have had the sleeve.

Im very down and feeling regretful. Especially when I am trying to stay under 800 calories and cut out almost all carbs and sugars.

Highest weight 224 12/09/12

Current 186

Height 5'1

Mis73 lost somewhere around 200 lbs I believe, so your PCP Doc got it wrong. Large amounts of weight can come off with the help of the band.

Yes I agree he is wrong. But when I know I am watching every bite and personally know I have overcome a lot of my food issues. I am very sad about being 8 months out and maintaining same weight for 6 months or losing what seemed to be the same 5 lbs. my friend had the sleeve and she just hit 135 she was 229lbs when I had surgery. She had it a month after me.

I wont give up but hope my doc was serious about this being my last fill. I didn't pay thousands to lose 30 lbs.

Yes I agree he is wrong. But when I know I am watching every bite and personally know I have overcome a lot of my food issues. I am very sad about being 8 months out and maintaining same weight for 6 months or losing what seemed to be the same 5 lbs. my friend had the sleeve and she just hit 135 she was 229lbs when I had surgery. She had it a month after me.

I wont give up but hope my doc was serious about this being my last fill. I didn't pay thousands to lose 30 lbs.

I feel your pain and I hope that this is just a slow process and your not at the end but just the beginning. I fear for myself as well, as I am just a couple weeks past my surgery date, and my fear is the same as yours! There does seem to be many people here that have made it, and my hope for you and myself and everyone here that we can one day feel that our weight problem is behind us!

5 months out, 2 fills, with 3 next week. and have lost around 60 pounds, but still don't feel restricted. I guess we are each different in our weight loss.

when I am trying to stay under 800 calories and cut out almost all carbs

Do you have any where to get your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) tested? This determines how many calories your body uses at rest. I know it's different for guys, but I was originally on 1000 calories. After getting my BMR tested my nutritionists raised me to 1800 calories and I've starting losing again. I'm not suggesting you go to 1800 calories, but I would discuss with a medical professional about your daily caloric intake.

I actually had it out with my surgeon since I was tired of feeling like the target of failure. He literally told me it doesn't matter if I ate 3000 calories! It's my sugar intake that is causing me not to lose. Im Not a diabetic! Nor do I consume carbs or sugars. Im not even really a sweets person. I started working out more vigorously and he said I should stop cause it makes me more hungry.

I did years of research on this surgery and felt so confident. I follow as much as possible and I don't over eat cuz frankly I cant! I get stuck or vomit with one extra bit or chew too fast.

I know I didn't have 100's to lose but I did want to lose 75lbs to try to be healthier and reduce my high blood pressure and eliminate the acid reflux. Which has improved. Could having my gallbladder removed be reducing my weight loss?

I just had another fill last week. Guess what I feel restriction and I'm already down 7lbs!!

Hey that's awesome. I was banded June 21st. I have lost 20lbs but its been a few weeks since I've seen any really movement. My portion size I have to fight with. I'm already at 7.5cc. I suspect this next fill Sept 5th should be my key to green zone. I exercise every day. Without fail. I'm eating 800-1000 calories a day. So....reading your post reminded me I'm not alone. Thank you for the update! Great news ;)

I had Lap Band May 9th and I've only lost 10 lbs. I have had 3 fills and I feel no restriction. There is currently 4.5cc in my band. So discouraged.

The first 6 months I lost 5 lbs. After my 3rd fill the weight loss started. I kept losing for another two years.