Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all

My name is Sunny and I'm pre-op and figured I'd stop in and introduce myself. Anyone else here from the Mid West?

I'm hoping to be banded by Dr. Hung in Lincoln Ne., and have completed 3 of the 4 required pre-op appointments.

Just the pysch and I think I might have to have blood work and an ekg with my pcp. Won't know that till I have the psych appt and notify the Dr's office.

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be approved, so far the insurance company seems to be workable.

I can't wait to *not be hungry* it's not something I've ever felt before. I know this is a tool......but I found I'm pretty handy with most tools :P So I'm psyched to have a chance to have this tool to help me get healthy.

Looking forward to reading more and getting to share with you all.

Sunny

Hi Sunny,

Nice to see someone else from Nebraska.

I am still in the insurance phase. I plan on having my done either at Creighton or at UNMC here in Omaha. I talked to my insurace company and they still have not recieved my pre-auth paperwork yet. UNMC tells me check by in two weeks and if BC/BS still doesn't have it, then they will resend it. Why can't they just do it now? :) I guess after thinking about doing WLS for about 8 months, including the hours spent researching, I can wait a few more weeks. I just want to get things started.

Hope to "hear" from ya soon,

Hi Barb

I just had my psych consult and she said I'm a great candidate. Talked to the surgeons nurse and she's faxing over my insurance paperwork this week.

My co-worker is scheduled for her banding on Monday. So far luckily UHC is open to this if you have a high enough bmi and they consider it medically necessary. She was approved in less than 10 days on the first try.

Keeping my fingers crossed I will be as well :) Will be having my surgery here in Lincoln at Saint Elizabeth's as soon as they ok it.

Does your Dr. have a lot of pre-op things you need to complete? I still have to attend a pre-op meeting on June 1st so I am thinking I will be banded sometime in June.....God willing.

Great to know there are others out here in Nebraska.......yeah it's hard to wait, I hear ya. I've been waiting almost 6 years for the right health insurance coverage.

Sunny:clap2:

The only thing I have done so far was on April 17, I went to a informational meeting where the doctor explained about the 3 procedures that they do. I went there knowing I wanted the RY. But after hearing about the LB and the doctor telling us that 1 in 200 people die with the RY, I decided that the LB was the one for me. I have all my paperwork filled out. So I can't move forward until I get my pre-auth from BC/BS done. I am trying to use this time as "training". I try not to drink when I eat, I take small bites and chew the blank-blank out of it. I have cut my diet pepsi back to 1 or less per day (was up to a six pack). I know what a cup of food looks like, but I always eat more :). The waiting might be hard, but I am trying to put it to good use.

Good luck to you all from a Husker to now a Idaho Potato. I was banded on the 17th of April and would do it again in a heart beat. I have lost 52 lbs thus far and am on a track to loose many many more.

Again welcome and good luck

Good luck to you all from a Husker to now a Idaho Potato. I was banded on the 17th of April and would do it again in a heart beat. I have lost 52 lbs thus far and am on a track to loose many many more.

Again welcome and good luck

WOW 52lbs in less than a month.....now that's what I'm looking forward to....

Thanks for the good luck wishes, met with the psych and I'm more psyched than ever as she feels I'm a good candidate. Hoping to have a date by next month.

114731417051905.gif

The only thing I have done so far was on April 17, I went to a informational meeting where the doctor explained about the 3 procedures that they do. I went there knowing I wanted the RY. But after hearing about the LB and the doctor telling us that 1 in 200 people die with the RY, I decided that the LB was the one for me. I have all my paperwork filled out. So I can't move forward until I get my pre-auth from BC/BS done. I am trying to use this time as "training". I try not to drink when I eat, I take small bites and chew the blank-blank out of it. I have cut my diet pepsi back to 1 or less per day (was up to a six pack). I know what a cup of food looks like, but I always eat more :). The waiting might be hard, but I am trying to put it to good use.

Mrs. Husker

You're doing better than me.....I've been on a binge it seems to eat things I figure I won't be able to eat for a very long time to come. arrrgh...But I did see post about a quasi pre-op diet someone with diabetes is doing and I plan on doing that two weeks before my surgery to hopefully help me shed a few lbs.

The hardest thing for me is going to be the *chew till it's almost liquified* as I don't have bottom teeth lol. I'm thinking I'll be pureeing a lot of food way past the puree stage :hungry:

114731417051905.gif