Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sorry but I need to ask this (New band)

I am 4 days post op and taking in liquids and Soups but as soon as I eat a Soup it comes right out the other end - I had read that lots of people are constipated but I have the opposite problem and it's pretty immediate after eating a soup or puree - is this normal and should I be worried?

Very common, Tidge, during the liquid diet. At this point your body is still processing the anaesthesia, and you have no solids in your system either. It's not at all uncommon to have diarrhea during this time.

It will pass, probably as soon as you start on mushy foods if not sooner. Congratulations on your banding and welcome to LBT!!

TIDGE,

Please don't be worried. I had the same experience. My surgery was on a Wednesday. Starting Friday night, I just moved into the bathroom. I recall reading it is because you are on all liquids. My problem seemed to pass (no pun intended) within a few days. I recall by Tuesday, I was back to normal. Please feel free to PM me if you want to discuss futher.

Karen

Hi Tidge,

I have had the same problem. I was banded a week ago today and I think it was day 5 before I finally felt like a few liquids were staying in me. I still havn't had anything close to a normal bm, but, the diarrhea is down to 1-2x a day.

I asked the question too because, like you, I had heard of the Constipation part, but not the other.

How are you feeling otherwise?

I feel pretty good today. I have energy! WOOHOO! I am going to take the dogs for a walk and then go get my hair cut. I might even make it to the grocery store today!

Whew! I'm glad you asked this. I had the runs for the first week and was starting to worry. But now (1 week post-op) I'm back to normal.

don't wory had sur. on a friday monday i was in same shape was so weak felt i would pass out. Called dr. office and nurse acted like she had never heard of anyone doing this kept trying to tell me i had a bug. It did pass also forgive the pun. It still happens if i eat to much diary like yogurt.:faint: that's how i felt the monday and it was my pre-school granddauhter's grandparents day at school. Took me all morning to get ready because felt i would faint but did make it not my best moment but glad i pushed to make it.

Hi everyone, I'm still waiting for my surgery date. Very scared but reading your comments really encourage me. I have not been able to talk to anyone who had the band; everyone I meet had the bypass. I appreciate everyone being so honest in their questions and answers. I will check in again when I get a surgery date. Sharon

Tidge,

Be careful. I had the same thing happen to me and very quickly became dehydrated. Once I begain to add some minor carbs I was able to rehydrate, although I should have gone to the ER and have been put on an IV drip.

The good news is that in 3 months I have lost 60 lbs..