Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

water after being banded

How are you able to sip Water when it is really hot outside or inside. I feel like I could drink this whole bottle of water. I am trying to still sip it but I am not feeling like I had enough water. so how do you handle drinking water in the heat?

keep on sipping....and then sip more

as the swelling goes down, it will get easier to drink normally.... :)

I remember the surgeon telling me to take tiny sips when I first came out if surgery. I found really hard at first when i practiced pre surgery, but the fear of damaging the band or being ill slowed me down as well as cold Water with ice or warm Water, no straws, smaller glasses and putting it down and walking around helped a lot.

I've returned to drinking 2+ litres a day, like its going to run out and I'm a year since surgery. I find often having a drink of water if I start to feel hungry kills off the in between hunger more often than not.

Just sip constantly. As CG says, as you heal, you will be able to drink more normally.

After being banded, I could only take 2-3 tiny sips at a time. Now I can drink almost like I did pre-surgery. I don't even think about it. It takes time, but everything settles down & starts to feel more "normal".

Ditto what everyone else have said. If you feel like you can drink more, then keep on sipping. Good luck.

You are going throught a whole body and life transformation and no one said its easy.. We were all banded because we have failed to diet and maintain it on our own.

Follow the doctors advice to the letter and it will be down hill afterward.

I almost choked last week because i did not follow doc orders.. Sip Water slowly and dont indanger your wounds.

Goodluck