Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's your Green Zone??

Just curious as to what everyone's green zone is. Recently had 2 cc added, which put me at a total of 4cc in a 10cc band. But that was too much! I went back 3 days later because I could barely keep liquids down and now I'm at 3cc. I'm told everyone is different, some can have 7cc and some are fine at 2cc. Input please...

I was banded 1/24/13. I'm at 6.5cc. I'm suppose to get a .5 fill this Thursday, but I don't think I'm going to get it. I'm getting full with a cup of food now and I have to remind myself to eat because I'm not hungry at all now. I think I'm in the "Green Zone"! YAY!

I was banded on June 20th 10 cc band. I have had one postop fill of 2cc and am at 3.5cc total. (I had 1.5cc at time of surgery.) The first day after my fill I thought it was too much--I could barely drink Water. But then the next day, I ate soft food no problem and now one week later I am back to normal--in fact I think I am eating too much and will def need another fill when I go back in 5 weeks.

I have 4 cc in a 10 cc band. It used to be enough but now I need another fill. Going back to get 1 more cc. My surgeon says most of his patients do very well at 5 cc in my size band; I'm trusting his advice. In any case, I know I need a fill because I'm not staying satisfied on my quantities as I was before.

Green Zone for me means:

1) No HUNGER.....or cravings...24 hrs a day...

2) PORTION CONTROL....unable to overeat...no matter how hard I try

3) STEADY CONSISTENT WEIGHT LOSS....once I hit the Green Zone, loosing weight became the easiest thing I could ever do...it all became very natural with absolutely no effort on my part, other than getting my daily Protein and Water requirements, choosing good foods to eat and exercising regularly,

4) PATIENT SATISFACTION....When you have the above going for you, how can you not be as thrilled as can be....

I hit my Green Zone about 4-5 months after my surgery...it then took me a few months to understand and adjust my behaviors to the band, not the other way around....that was over 2 years ago, have not had a fill since, and have steadily lost weight untill there is simply no excess weight (fat) to loose....everything then settles out and becomes a new lifestyle, 2nd nature, a completed journey....

I never count calories nor measure portions...have not done so in 2 years at least....and I have no fear of ever gaining any weight back, short of some complication with the bad. (knock on wood)

pink zone aka the green zone (i believe i am in)....losing steadily, inches coming off which is killer!!.....when i am hungry i eat good Protein filled foods and the band wont let me eat more than i am suppose to and just living and enjoying my life now...i enjoy my banded life now..i dont fret at what i can or cant eat...i just eat but make smart choices/options....

I had surgery 11/15/2012 and had 3cc put in during surgery. I have had 5 fills and I'm in the green zone. I have 7.2cc in my 10cc band. I love the green zone. It took me a while to get here but its HEAVEN.

B-52 -- I sent you a private message a few days ago. Don't know if I did it correctly. Did you get it?

I had surgery 11/15/2012 and had 3cc put in during surgery. I have had 5 fills and I'm in the green zone. I have 7.2cc in my 10cc band. I love the green zone. It took me a while to get here but its HEAVEN.

Heaven....welcome to the other side, where you will discover the new you.

Hi there. I have a 10cc band also and I am at 6.7cc. I am in the green zone finally meaning I stay satiated for 3 to 4 hours without being hungry. I was snacking in between meals but not anymore.

Hi guys! I was banded on March 5, 2013..I have 4.5cc in an 11cc band..I have lost 60 pounds so far, but now it seems I'm at a stand still. I haven't lost any weight in the past 2 weeks. How will I know I've reached the green zone?

will let you know if I EVER reach it. 9 months out...9 3/4 cc in a 14 and feel nothing yet. :(

7.6 cc in 11 cc band and I'm still not there yet. Ive had 3 fills since my surgery on feb 20, and so far only lost 43 pounds, very slowly. I hope we are getting close.

Just enough restriction so I can't eat a big mac with the bun easily. If I get much tighter than that then 'tight' days are a nightmare.

Green Zone for me means:

1) No HUNGER.....or cravings...24 hrs a day...

2) PORTION CONTROL....unable to overeat...no matter how hard I try

3) STEADY CONSISTENT WEIGHT LOSS....once I hit the Green Zone' date=' loosing weight became the easiest thing I could ever do...it all became very natural with absolutely no effort on my part, other than getting my daily Protein and Water requirements, choosing good foods to eat and exercising regularly,

4) PATIENT SATISFACTION....When you have the above going for you, how can you not be as thrilled as can be....

I hit my Green Zone about 4-5 months after my surgery...it then took me a few months to understand and adjust my behaviors to the band, not the other way around....that was over 2 years ago, have not had a fill since, and have steadily lost weight untill there is simply no excess weight (fat) to loose....everything then settles out and becomes a new lifestyle, 2nd nature, a completed journey....

I never count calories nor measure portions...have not done so in 2 years at least....and I have no fear of ever gaining any weight back, short of some complication with the bad. (knock on wood)[/quote']

What a great post. A must read for ever person banded!