Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am on post op day 5, and Im stressing out. I still have a lot of pain, and am really tired. But on here a lot of people say they go back to work like 3 days later?? Also Im going to start transitioning into mushy foods, any good ideas??

thanks!! xo

I think it all depends on the person I didn't go back to for a week and was still in a little pain when I did return. I was on liquids for 2 weeks before I started on mushy and when I started I was careful to make sure that I put anything I ate in a food processor even Soup.< /p>

Week 3 and still in pain here. Granted I have had other complications since surgery. Trust me you ARE NOT alone! I was in HELL day 5. Each week has progressively gotten better. I am still waiting for the day when "it feels like I never got surgery". What pain are you talking about in specific?

I have no idea how people go back to work after 3 days! Don't worry I still had paid 5 days out. A little over 2 weeks out I don't have any. Everyone is different. I was out of work for a week and a half.

I have no idea how people go back to work after 3 days! Don't worry I still had paid 5 days out. A little over 2 weeks out I don't have any. Everyone is different. I was out of work for a week and a half.

I'm 7 days out an still filled with gas and pretty sore! I wish I could bounce back in 3 days that's crazy idk how they do it;)

I am a teacher so I have the summer off. Thank God for that. I planned it well, because I am two weeks post op and still feel uncomfortable.

Yea that concerned me too! I don't see how ppl went back after 3 days . I took a week off and I'm glad I did ! I'm post op day 7 and I'm stated to feel like myself. I'm still sore but the gas has mostly subsided . I'm still on liquids but had 1 oz of grits this morning . I haven't been able to get that Protein in so I'm buying Protein Shakes I like which are the ones only sold by True Results. I blend it with frozen fruit and 1 pk if Truvia sweetener . Soooo good !

I am one of those idiots that went back to work less than a week after my surgery. I say idiot, because that is what I was. I was exhausted that first day back, and tired the rest of the week. I went back to work because I was bored at home......I am one of "those" personalities that have difficulty sitting around. I am sitting on two more weeks of vacation and another week of sick time. I should have taken more time off....maybe an extra 1-3 days.

All that being said, everyone has their own speed of recovery, and the amount of tolerance they have to discomfort. You should not compare your recovery to anyone else. You are the best judge of how you feel.