Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 6th...time for a healthy change. anyone else new in august?

Good luck Donna450. Will this be your first fill?

1st fill if it happens. I have lots of troubles getting so many pills about 20-27 pills a day 4-5 x's throughout the day. It fills me up with luquid and takes awhile before I feel like eating then there are days I can't hardly eat at all but not losing weight too much because some pills are weight gaining meds. So we'll see how much I've lost in since preop and guess at what I might lose if filled.

1st fill if it happens. I have lots of troubles getting so many pills about 20-27 pills a day 4-5 x's throughout the day. It fills me up with luquid and takes awhile before I feel like eating then there are days I can't hardly eat at all but not losing weight too much because some pills are weight gaining meds. So we'll see how much I've lost in since preop and guess at what I might lose if filled.

Let me ask this....does anyone take alot of pills and how do u find the best way to get them down? I have to ask for tabs so can crush....caplets have a hard cover...as a few of my meds do. I try to crush some and mix with something but not all the time. I just don't seem to be able to find the best way to do it yet. Suggestions are welcome!

Let me ask this....does anyone take alot of pills and how do u find the best way to get them down? I have to ask for tabs so can crush....caplets have a hard cover...as a few of my meds do. I try to crush some and mix with something but not all the time. I just don't seem to be able to find the best way to do it yet. Suggestions are welcome!

Im back...saw the dr. He's satisfied with what's going on. He's okay with slow loss and due to my pills he wants me to try to get off a few more if possible and to eat a little better. No fill...next month we'll see.

I take a couple of tablets but have no problems getting them down, including my multi which is a big one :)

Im back...saw the dr. He's satisfied with what's going on. He's okay with slow loss and due to my pills he wants me to try to get off a few more if possible and to eat a little better. No fill...next month we'll see.

That's great! Is the plan the more weight you lose, the less pills you'll need?

That's great! Is the plan the more weight you lose' date=' the less pills you'll need?[/quote']

I filled my pills for the week this morning and dropped one more rx which was 2 pills a day. I used to be on about 18 rx a day now down to 10 and have cut down on how many I take on about 3 different meds per day. So less rx and less pills per day. I've done this on my own but slowly as not to cause reactions. Except for my insulin and metformin for diabetes mostly I have left is my psych meds which I've cut back on each of them but don't think I can go any further w/o side effects which for my bipolar disorder I haven't had too much trouble for over 25 yrs. So unless psychiatrist tries something different I have come to a good combo to keep me level. Now if I could only get off my insulin

Hey guys im new to this site and well i really want to get a surgery becouse I NEED IT. And well all this story's i read are just great. I am scared to start thow, and also i live in West palm beach florida.. Any one know of any reccommended surgeon i can start with???

Hey guys im new to this site and well i really want to get a surgery becouse I NEED IT. And well all this story's i read are just great. I am scared to start thow' date=' and also i live in West palm beach florida.. Any one know of any reccommended surgeon i can start with???[/quote']

I wiuld make a simple suggestion and google lapband dr for in and around west palm beach area and if u find one near you google his background. I'm sure ithers havw other suggestions but that's how I found mine in Zepyrhill Hills fl. I live about an hour north of tampa. My surgeon is banded himself. But welcome...everyone is very helpful. Ask anything and someone will likely have a suggestion. Good luck.

Hey guys im new to this site and well i really want to get a surgery becouse I NEED IT. And well all this story's i read are just great. I am scared to start thow, and also i live in West palm beach florida.. Any one know of any reccommended surgeon i can start with???

Welcome!! There is a tab at the top of the screen for surgeons.. you might have some luck there. I'm in Australia so I can't help lol. I was banded on August 6th and have so far lost 41 pounds, and I can tell you that I don't regret getting the band at all! Although I have had success with weight watchers in the past, this time around I needed a different tool. Best of luck with your journey :)

Aaaww' date=' thank's alot and im happy for you. ;)[/quote']

Did u check online? I saw several places but don't know the area. So don't know what's closest or best.

You need to research this as you must trust and feel comfortable with dr and staff. The start is alot of gathering info and getting your mindset in place. I was banded 8-23. I haven't had my first fill yet but soon. I feel so much better that food is not the uppermost thought I have or eat mindlessly. Mine was for mainly health reasons and losing weight is terrific. As you read through the posts gather info and ask questions then you'll start feeling a little less intimidated by the process. But finding a good doctor should be high on your list. My opinion only and there are many who have been banded longer than me who have had different experiences. I hope this helps and you find some positive feedback from your research.

Aaaww' date=' thank's alot and im happy for you. ;)[/quote']

Welcome to the club! I was banded July 30th and I've lost 26 pounds. You just need to have it set in your mind you can do this. Make sure that you follow the doctors steps. I'm sure we all cheat alittle but this is a life changing experience and it's a roller coaster ride especially when you first have surgery. But that's what this forum is for we all have been through it and we will gladly answer questions and give the best ideas. We are all here for one another and no one judges anyone. I agree with other people do research on doctors read reviews from other patient experience. And a girl I work with had lap band and she suggested a doctor for me and I just love him and his staff so if u know someone who has had the lap band maybe you can ask them. And for me the first thing I had to do was go to a seminar. This is a long process and I would suggest calling your health insurance to see if they cover lap band before u go through all this. Because some insurance companies make u do a six month supervised diet doctor visit. Before they will cover it. So first step call your insurance second step find a doctor and go to a seminar . At the seminar they will u give you the nice packet to fill out and if u got to do the six month supervised diet then those papers should be in there for ur doctor to fill out. I started my process last September and that was calling the insurance and then doing research on doctors and then in November I went to the seminar. So it does take time but we all been there you can do it ???ƒ

Hi All! I just realized that this weekend is two months since my surgery! How time flies! I was just wondering how everyone is doing?

Hi All! I just realized that this weekend is two months since my surgery! How time flies! I was just wondering how everyone is doing?

I checked on the last post that I saw was you were celebrating your 1st month. How have you been doing? Any tips on your success? And how much have you lost? Has it been a real learning experience or fairly easy for you? Proud to hear you've reached your 2 month anniversary and sounding pretty happy about it. Congrats!