Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 6th...time for a healthy change. anyone else new in august?

Are you having trouble with eating carbs? I am taking a Multivitamin everyday but nothing else. I have heard that Biotin is great for hair' date=' skin, and nails as well.[/quote']

I am carbs make me tired and drain my energy. I do much better with a high Protein diet. I am taking everything I can to prevent or minimize the hair loss. I hope it works.

I am carbs make me tired and drain my energy. I do much better with a high Protein diet. I am taking everything I can to prevent or minimize the hair loss. I hope it works.

What type of things are you doing? BTW.......I get first fill in 3 weeks. Yippee maybe I'll start losing weight. I'm taking the bad weight gaing pill every other day. Maybe that will help. After my fill or right before it I'll be on reg meds. Hope they all go down ok. Stay safe....be strong.

What type of things are you doing? BTW.......I get first fill in 3 weeks. Yippee maybe I'll start losing weight. I'm taking the bad weight gaing pill every other day. Maybe that will help. After my fill or right before it I'll be on reg meds. Hope they all go down ok. Stay safe....be strong.

I am taking 5000 mcg of Biotin, 2 mvi a day, Iron once a day. I also bought some have loss Shampoo and cream. If it makes my hair thicker good for me, if it starts growing new hair so when I do lose it then I will be happy too. Hair loss typically starts at about 3 months after surgery. I'm glad you get your first fill soon. Hopefully they will help. Let us know how you do with your fill.

oops wrong topic

Good Morning. Yesterday I had my surgery ( Sept 6th)' date=' It went well, surgery was at 2 30pm. We were home by 7.

I had a little chicken broth. Along with some liquid pain meds.

It was a rough 1st night trying to get comfortable. But I did sleep some.

This morning I feel pretty good. Just feel worn out. Which is normal If you have ever had surgery before. You know the feeling,. I did well with clear Fluid so I have moved on to my cream Soups and gator aid. I got about a cup of Soup down so far.. ;)

My post op appointment is next Friday, and I guess we will be discussing what our next meal group will be,

If you have any questions.. ask. or PM me I will answer..

-Debbi[/quote']

You seem to be moving along quite nicely. I had p roblems but ea ch day gets a little bettet. Ibhad 2 wks preop surgery week then surgery forv1 wk. Saw dr postop now onto full liquids for 2 wks. Then onto mushies then 1st fill on 9-2 . Then onto reg food. Doing well on diet. Only lostv165 lbs since preop. But not too discouraged yet. Just to know I will be losing much more I can be patient at least for now. I have about 6 days until mushies. Will be glad to taste something different. Be sahgfe...stay strong....God Bless

You seem to be moving along quite nicely. I had p roblems but ea ch day gets a little bettet. Ibhad 2 wks preop surgery week then surgery forv1 wk. Saw dr postop now onto full liquids for 2 wks. Then onto mushies then 1st fill on 9-2 . Then onto reg food. Doing well on diet. Only lostv165 lbs since preop. But not too discouraged yet. Just to know I will be losing much more I can be patient at least for now. I have about 6 days until mushies. Will be glad to taste something different. Be sahgfe...stay strong....God Bless

That's only 15 lbs not 165.

That's only 15 lbs not 165.

I feel human and in very little pain. It has been since preop on 8-8-13. It was feeling like it was going to be a long haul...but you all have been so supportive. Thx. To day a little gas...get my 1st fill on 9-2..and start mushies in a few days. I thought I wouldn't make it but I have and I'm looking forward to the next steps. Thx again.....be safe...stay strong in your faith with the Lord....He'll see you through.

I feel human and in very little pain. It has been since preop on 8-8-13. It was feeling like it was going to be a long haul...but you all have been so supportive. Thx. To day a little gas...get my 1st fill on 9-2..and start mushies in a few days. I thought I wouldn't make it but I have and I'm looking forward to the next steps. Thx again.....be safe...stay strong in your faith with the Lord....He'll see you through.

Great job Donna!

Ugh have to go back to work tomorrow. It has been such a good break. Stress free. Worried about going back and not taking care of myself. I hope I can stay on the road I have been on. I have made this change and may need to make one in regards to work.

Ugh have to go back to work tomorrow. It has been such a good break. Stress free. Worried about going back and not taking care of myself. I hope I can stay on the road I have been on. I have made this change and may need to make one in regards to work.

You'll do great. Take it an hour at a time. Don't try to do everything all by yourself. You'll find yourself getting stronger each day in what you need to do. I have faith in you. You've been there right by my side with alot of encouragement. You're strong...don't doubt yourself now.

You'll do great. Take it an hour at a time. Don't try to do everything all by yourself. You'll find yourself getting stronger each day in what you need to do. I have faith in you. You've been there right by my side with alot of encouragement. You're strong...don't doubt yourself now.

Thanks I needed that. You have been such good support for me.

Thanks I needed that. You have been such good support for me.

I know I shouldn't have but ate a few bites of watermelon within 3 min.had to throw it up. 1st time for that but I know I'm rushing my full liquids. I suppose there are strings in it. Dummy that I am the referral gas pain moved also to my upper back. Aaarrrhhh. I should have learn it 1st time around.

Hope work goes good tomorrow. You're a pro. Did you say you were a nurse? What type of work do you do? Good luck...be strong!!!

I know I shouldn't have but ate a few bites of watermelon within 3 min.had to throw it up. 1st time for that but I know I'm rushing my full liquids. I suppose there are strings in it. Dummy that I am the referral gas pain moved also to my upper back. Aaarrrhhh. I should have learn it 1st time around.

Hope work goes good tomorrow. You're a pro. Did you say you were a nurse? What type of work do you do? Good luck...be strong!!!

I am a nurse practitioner and have a full practice. I will hit the ground running tomorrow. I go weeks to months without a day off. Hoping my stress level does not get out of control and I can continue to get healthy. There will b a lot of questions from patients and staff. I know people mean well but don't want to have to explain myself. I haven't tried watermelon but it does sound good. I can see why you wanted some. Are you nauseated still after throwing up? Or was it a one time deal and done?

I am a nurse practitioner and have a full practice. I will hit the ground running tomorrow. I go weeks to months without a day off. Hoping my stress level does not get out of control and I can continue to get healthy. There will b a lot of questions from patients and staff. I know people mean well but don't want to have to explain myself. I haven't tried watermelon but it does sound good. I can see why you wanted some. Are you nauseated still after throwing up? Or was it a one time deal and done?

Well I guess you will have your hands full. Take as many breaks as possible to destress. I just had to throw up. Once did the trick. Had a srawberry banana smoothie then it went down ok. Good luck tomorrow.

Hey I'm not in the health field but I do work with children who are functionally mentally disable and I've been back to work since August 20th anyway just to share what I did is I have a 24 oz Water bottle I fill it with Water and freeze it..gets me through the whole day. If you get hungry between ur meals eat a snack so maybe have some fruit on hand yogurt Protein bar something that will help until you get your lunch :)