Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 6th...time for a healthy change. anyone else new in august?

I was told if I am going to higher elevation I would need to go for an unfill prior to going.

I haven't ever had a fill is the thing and I don't have anything in my band. That's the weird thing. I guess it will be something I will have to be conscious of in future travels.

I haven't ever had a fill is the thing and I don't have anything in my band. That's the weird thing. I guess it will be something I will have to be conscious of in future travels.

Interesting!

Im bummed, I have been transitioned back to reg food this week and gained weight. I know it is to be expected since coming off liquids and mushies but I was enjoying my progress. I go for my first fill on the 11th

Im bummed, I have been transitioned back to reg food this week and gained weight. I know it is to be expected since coming off liquids and mushies but I was enjoying my progress. I go for my first fill on the 11th

Don't focus on the weight gain, think of how far you've already come! Your body just keeps readjusting to the different foods/calories. It will even out eventually and you'll be back on track to more weight loss.

It seems we are all going through a bit of a low where no weight is coming off, or even creeping back on! I am just SOOOO frustrated with it, as I'm sure you all are too... The last three days I have just given up. I have eaten anything that I wanted. I have stayed away from the treadmill. I have not counted calories. And everyday I have told myself that I will turn it around tomorrow. But the next day comes, and my frustration takes over and I make bad decisions again. Another bandster buddy told me that it is normal because our bodies need to adjust to the sudden weight loss we had after surgery, but three weeks of staying the same?? All I can think of is that even though I'm eating healthy, maybe I'm eating too much? Aghhhh. I really don't know how to turn this around!!

It seems we are all going through a bit of a low where no weight is coming off' date=' or even creeping back on! I am just SOOOO frustrated with it, as I'm sure you all are too... The last three days I have just given up. I have eaten anything that I wanted. I have stayed away from the treadmill. I have not counted calories. And everyday I have told myself that I will turn it around tomorrow. But the next day comes, and my frustration takes over and I make bad decisions again. Another bandster buddy told me that it is normal because our bodies need to adjust to the sudden weight loss we had after surgery, but three weeks of staying the same?? All I can think of is that even though I'm eating healthy, maybe I'm eating too much? Aghhhh. I really don't know how to turn this around!![/quote']

I definitely thought I would be down more weight. My husband thought I would be more as well. I keep telling myself that my body is adjusting and I should only be losing 1-2 lbs a week not 5 (I wish). I eat mainly Protein. I don't do well with carbs so I eat a lot of eggs, meat, cheese, and take my mvi twice a day. I am more worried about Hair loss.< /p>

It seems we are all going through a bit of a low where no weight is coming off, or even creeping back on! I am just SOOOO frustrated with it, as I'm sure you all are too... The last three days I have just given up. I have eaten anything that I wanted. I have stayed away from the treadmill. I have not counted calories. And everyday I have told myself that I will turn it around tomorrow. But the next day comes, and my frustration takes over and I make bad decisions again. Another bandster buddy told me that it is normal because our bodies need to adjust to the sudden weight loss we had after surgery, but three weeks of staying the same?? All I can think of is that even though I'm eating healthy, maybe I'm eating too much? Aghhhh. I really don't know how to turn this around!!

A family member of mine who was banded and lost 135lbs told me that bcuz you lose so much so fast in the beginning your body will eventually start to hold onto the fat/calories etc and no longer allow itself to burn off fat in order to self preserve. She said it takes time for body to realize it will continue to be fed and doesn't need to hold onto what it's consuming.

I definitely thought I would be down more weight. My husband thought I would be more as well. I keep telling myself that my body is adjusting and I should only be losing 1-2 lbs a week not 5 (I wish). I eat mainly Protein. I don't do well with carbs so I eat a lot of eggs, meat, cheese, and take my mvi twice a day. I am more worried about Hair loss.< /p>

I worry about hair loss as well. I'm planning on asking doctor at my next follow up if I should be taking Biotin which I understand is a Vitamin for hair/nails.

I worry about hair loss as well. I'm planning on asking doctor at my next follow up if I should be taking Biotin which I understand is a Vitamin for hair/nails.

I take a Biotin, 2 Multivitamins, and an Iron a day. I eat at least 60 grams of Protein a day. Iron has a lot to do with Hair loss as well. We are at risk for iron deficiency because of the smaller amounts of food and being female. I also ordered some Hair growth products. Crossing my fingers that my hair at least stays as it is.

I take a biotin' date=' 2 Multivitamins, and an Iron a day. I eat at least 60 grams of Protein a day. Iron has a lot to do with hair loss as well. We are at risk for iron deficiency because of the smaller amounts of food and being female. I also ordered some Hair growth products. Crossing my fingers that my hair at least stays as it is.[/quote']

I guess I should have been taking Biotin a long time ago. For 51 years I've had low thyroid and my hair has gone from waist length to keeping it short so that my scalp doesn't show too much. Since age 12 my hair has been turning grey now it's short & silver. But I've been taking thyroid since my mid 30's about 30 years now. I don't know if iron will help but I'll give it a try. I have never heard about iron helping hair and nails possibly...but not lately. I thought it was just for anemia red blood cells etc. Please don't think I'm stupid ...have a touch of dementia. And my short term memory loss stems back to 1996 when I got ect for severe depression. It worked but memory loss is a side effect. Sorry got off on a tanget.

I take a biotin' date=' 2 multivitamins, and an Iron a day. I eat at least 60 grams of Protein a day. Iron has a lot to do with hair loss as well. We are at risk for iron deficiency because of the smaller amounts of food and being female. I also ordered some Hair growth products. Crossing my fingers that my hair at least stays as it is.[/quote']

FYI....Just remember hair growth products getting into your system may grow hair other places than just head.

A family member of mine who was banded and lost 135lbs told me that bcuz you lose so much so fast in the beginning your body will eventually start to hold onto the fat/calories etc and no longer allow itself to burn off fat in order to self preserve. She said it takes time for body to realize it will continue to be fed and doesn't need to hold onto what it's consuming.

Rosianna I have heard this as well... I know I just need to keep doing the right thing and it will pay off for me, but it is just so frustrating!!

Are you having trouble with eating carbs? I am taking a Multivitamin everyday but nothing else. I have heard that Biotin is great for hair, skin, and nails as well.

We don't want that!!! Lol.

Damn straight!