Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 6th...time for a healthy change. anyone else new in august?

I am officially banded now! Surgery wasn't too bad - not at least in my experience since my last one was a major spinal fusion with 6+ hours in the OR. The worst part so far has been tightness of breath. Ive been using my spirometer regularly to open my lungs. The small bit of Protein shake I've had so far tasted amazing after 3 days of sf Jello. I'm sore but already walking around the block which helps.

The doc did find a hernia which was repaired. Question - for those with hernias, did it add to your recovery time? I planned to take a week off work, but that was band only. I'll ask my doc too but curious what others experiences

I can honestly say' date=' day by day, I feel better. I'm at 12 days Post Op & finally feeling good. I actually got dressed up & put make up on today. I had a terrible day this past Saturday. Advice for everyone. Take it day by day. This is a major change in our lives. I have my first post op visit, tomorrow. I'm curious, about how much weight I have lost the past 2 weeks. I know, life can only get EASIER ; ) I'm going back to work this Wednesday. Looking forward to my usual routine. Thank You, to ALL my bandster buddies. I love reading all you posts. Anyone from the St. Louis area? Just throwing this out there again. Take Care![/quote']

I was banded on 8/14. It does get easier with each day. I'm also going back to work wed. Time off has flown by! Not from St. Louis but not too far. I live just outside of KC.

I was banded on 8/14. It does get easier with each day. I'm also going back to work wed. Time off has flown by! Not from St. Louis but not too far. I live just outside of KC.

Yeah! A day before, I was banded ; ) Yes, time had flown by! How are you feeling? You are not too far. I actually live across the river in Illinois. Not that far.

I am officially banded now! Surgery wasn't too bad - not at least in my experience since my last one was a major spinal fusion with 6+ hours in the OR. The worst part so far has been tightness of breath. Ive been using my spirometer regularly to open my lungs. The small bit of Protein shake I've had so far tasted amazing after 3 days of sf Jello. I'm sore but already walking around the block which helps.

The doc did find a hernia which was repaired. Question - for those with hernias' date=' did it add to your recovery time? I planned to take a week off work, but that was band only. I'll ask my doc too but curious what others experiences[/quote']

Welcome bassetluv! Hope you have a speedy recovery! I had a hiatel hernia repaired, along with my lap band. Not sure the time off. I have been off almost 2 weeks. However; I felt, last week, ready enough to go back to work.

I'm more than ready now. Good Luck & Take Care!

How is everyone?

I'm finally feeling human again ; ) How are you doing?

How is everyone doing? I hope things are improving each day. To those of you still anticipating surgery I wish you the best! I am today officially 2 weeks post op! Every day is a little better than the next. I still struggle some with pulling and pain at my port site' date=' but each day is a little better. Tomorrow I get to move to soft foods diet, I am excited to be able to expand my food choices. I returned to work last week, it went okay, I was pretty tired when I would get home though! Hoping this week will be better. I have so far been very fortunate not to have any issues with eating or with nausea, hoping this trend will continue as my diet advances. I am just taking each day as it comes, knowing it will get better, keeping my eye on the prize![/quote']

Great News! I feel the same ; ) Still sore, but keeping my eye on the prize too ; )

Has anyone 'cheated' with the food? What I mean is, I had 'egg salad' today. However; suppose to start this Thursday, with eating scrambled eggs. Hope I didn't hurt anything. Also, I found myself licking potato chips for the flavoring. I must have a food addiction. 2 weeks on fluids has me going crazy thinking about food.

Getting banded next month. Looking for other newbies.

Love reading all your posts healthydnp! How are you feeling?

Love reading all your posts healthydnp! How are you feeling?

Hi Jama!

I am doing much better. My energy is finally turning a corner and I started exercising today. I am down 15 lbs since surgery and I still have 2 weeks off! I'm going to enjoy them! I'm glad you are doing well and I understand the chips. I would love to eat a blizzard right now. Ice cream was my thing!

I can honestly say, day by day, I feel better. I'm at 12 days Post Op & finally feeling good. I actually got dressed up & put make up on today. I had a terrible day this past Saturday. Advice for everyone. Take it day by day. This is a major change in our lives. I have my first post op visit, tomorrow. I'm curious, about how much weight I have lost the past 2 weeks. I know, life can only get EASIER ; ) I'm going back to work this Wednesday. Looking forward to my usual routine. Thank You, to ALL my bandster buddies. I love reading all you posts. Anyone from the St. Louis area? Just throwing this out there again. Take Care!

Jama glad things are going better for you. Hope your return to work goes well! I am not in the St. Louis area, but am from the Midwest!

I am officially banded now! Surgery wasn't too bad - not at least in my experience since my last one was a major spinal fusion with 6+ hours in the OR. The worst part so far has been tightness of breath. Ive been using my spirometer regularly to open my lungs. The small bit of Protein Shake I've had so far tasted amazing after 3 days of sf Jello. I'm sore but already walking around the block which helps.

The doc did find a hernia which was repaired. Question - for those with hernias, did it add to your recovery time? I planned to take a week off work, but that was band only. I'll ask my doc too but curious what others experiences

Hey Basset - I also had the hernia repair, but according to my doctor it does not change the recovery time. I was able to return to work after a week. I think it all depends on how YOU feel and what you can tolerate. It also depends on what you do at work. I did not work a full day my first day back, but did the rest of the week. I was pretty tired at the end of each day. Today was my second week back, it was much better today. I would just take each day and see how it goes! Good luck!

Hi Jama!

I am doing much better. My energy is finally turning a corner and I started exercising today. I am down 15 lbs since surgery and I still have 2 weeks off! I'm going to enjoy them! I'm glad you are doing well and I understand the chips. I would love to eat a blizzard right now. Ice cream was my thing!

Way to go! That is awesome, 15lbs!! Enjoy your 2 weeks. That is so nice to be off that long. Glad your getting your energy back!

I can honestly say, day by day, I feel better. I'm at 12 days Post Op & finally feeling good. I actually got dressed up & put make up on today. I had a terrible day this past Saturday. Advice for everyone. Take it day by day. This is a major change in our lives. I have my first post op visit, tomorrow. I'm curious, about how much weight I have lost the past 2 weeks. I know, life can only get EASIER ; ) I'm going back to work this Wednesday. Looking forward to my usual routine. Thank You, to ALL my bandster buddies. I love reading all you posts. Anyone from the St. Louis area? Just throwing this out there again. Take Care!

Glad to hear you are feeling better :) I think getting back to a normal routine helped me a lot, and we are bound to all have a bad day every now and then.. This journey we are on is long and hard, but getting to the destination will be amazing!! :)

Thank you. Prayer is powerful and does get results. I missed sunday service yesterday still feeling quiessy. But I do thankyou for your kindness. It does go a long way in combatting combat fatigue.

I say prayers most days and try to get in the habit but miss alot of times but kindnesses are always rewarded and rewarding to the person giving them. At least I feel that way. But I am just having a pity party. Usually strong and self reliant. My dh is quite the helper at times and does give his love unconditionally so that helps keep me going too. Have a great day...you deserve it.

Donna, hope you're feeling better! Stay strong :)

Donna' date=' hope you're feeling better! Stay strong :)[/quote']

Angemc- I'm staying strong as can be expected at this phase. Today see the psychiatrist to see if can come off some meds. She will probably say wait until all this first and second phase is over but we'll see. My blood sugar this am is 217. I took about 16 u of 70/30 insulin. If all I'm having is hot tea...sf Jello and Water how much sugar is going into my body? Doesn't make sense. So in my estimation it has to be the meds I am taking. Oh well. Life's a mystery...so is our body. Alot of things can't explain. You stay strong too.