Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 6th...time for a healthy change. anyone else new in august?

It also took me a good week and a half to feel ok. I barely ate anything the first week and I'm still not eating much but at least I can look at food now without feeling nauseous. Doctor gave me Zofran for nausea. I was also really weak and tired the first week and a half but my energy level is up now and I can accomplish my daily functions (work' date=' errands etc.).[/quote']

Sounds like I need that nausea med. I'm on my 2nd day postop and feeling the pain the nausea and quesiness down my esophogus. I take alot of pills but the liquid ones have a horrible taste I'm mixing it with Water now but most of them I feel might irritate my new tummy because I don't have any food down there. I'm taking gasx helps the pressure. But I have constant headaches and not able to take the meds I once did. I feel just plain sick. But there's a ray of sunshine down there somewhere.

I'm happy for u that the first two weeks have gone by. Hopefully it's mostly uphill from there.

Hey everyone, just checking in. This is day 3 post-op and today I woke up feeling almost human. Very little pain, just soreness at the port site. No nausea thank goodness - my doc gave me tons of anti-nausea meds which I guess really did the trick. I'm really tired and want to rest a lot but overall things seem to be going well!

Hi Again all!!! I hope everyone is doing well!!!

tomorrow I start my 3 day liquid diet! I am very fortunate that I don't have the two week liquid diet that many bandsters have ( I think that would kill me )

As time begins to dwindle down to surgery day, a lot of questions are starting to arise that are scaring me!

• Will my personality change? ( hope not!)

• Will I enjoy the new attention? (probably not)

• Will people still see me as smart and caring, or just pretty and thin? ( probably not )

• Will my relationship with my long term boyfriend change? ( hope not!)

• Will I give up on this, like i have on EVERY OTHER DIET? ( god, that scares me)

I have always seen my fat suit as a curse, but the closer I come to taking it off, the more I realise how much I care about it.

The last week or so, I have really begun to analyse myself, and I have had overwhelming feelings of missing this body (to the point of crying!) This is the body I am so used to, how can I be happy and adjusted in the deflated version of this body??

Anyone else had these feelings?

You are not alone. I have always used my weight as a joke. My husband told me that he hoped I didn't leave him when I was skinny. I reassured him that I wasn't going anywhere. I would hope my personality will change for the best because I will have more energy. I understand all the questions but the bottom line is that you are doing it for you and for your health.

Hey everyone' date=' just checking in. This is day 3 post-op and today I woke up feeling almost human. Very little pain, just soreness at the port site. No nausea thank goodness - my doc gave me tons of anti-nausea meds which I guess really did the trick. I'm really tired and want to rest a lot but overall things seem to be going well![/quote']

Great news!! You're on the road to a new healthier you ; )

tomorrow I start my 3 day liquid diet! I am very fortunate that I don't have the two week liquid diet that many bandsters have ( I think that would kill me )

As time begins to dwindle down to surgery day' date=' a lot of questions are starting to arise that are scaring me!

[*']Will my personality change? ( hope not!)

[*]Will I enjoy the new attention? (probably not)

[*]Will people still see me as smart and caring, or just pretty and thin? ( probably not )

[*]Will my relationship with my long term boyfriend change? ( hope not!)

[*]Will I give up on this, like i have on EVERY OTHER DIET? ( god, that scares me)

I have always seen my fat suit as a curse, but the closer I come to taking it off, the more I realise how much I care about it.

The last week or so, I have really begun to analyse myself, and I have had overwhelming feelings of missing this body (to the point of crying!) This is the body I am so used to, how can I be happy and adjusted in the deflated version of this body??

All those questions you have asked yourself, I personally have asked myself too. There is a part of me that wonders how I will react with positive attention. I have also become accustomed to being overweight. However; I'm now ready to get rid of the 'extra baggage' per say...... I'm ready to enjoy things that I have missed out on in the last ten years.....I'm ready to get my 'old self' back.

Good luck, on your new journey! Sending well wishes your way!!

Hello to all from Joe in NYC. I was banded two weeks ago today' date=' and had my first esophogram and first follow-up appointment. Things are going well, down 25 pounds in a month - I did 2 weeks of Protein Drinks pre- op. I'm scheduled for 1st fill in two weeks. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.[/quote']

Welcome Joe! Way to go on the weightloss! I was banded 10 days ago. I meet w my doc on Tuesday. I'm curious how much weight I have lost. I did the 3 day pre op & lost 6 pounds. Hopefully, I have lost more post op ; )

How's everyone doing? I'm 8 days post-op and im still having a hard time. Need to know if anyone else has felt like this. I feel really weak from not eating but then if I have something I get nausea and just feel ho rrible for hours afterward. I had my first follow up today and the Doc said everything looks great but I don't feel great. Is this just me?

I feel the same. I'm on 10 days Post Op & still don't feel up to par. One incision is very sore. I don't know if that is the stitches healing or if I pulled something? I know, I'm not drinking enough & not getting all my Protein in. I'm so over the liquids also. I had a meltdown today, (while my family was having McDONALD'S), & I had my pureed Soup. I just wanted a drink of Coke so bad & a bite of a McChicken. I just walked away. I'm very weak too. Also, the temperature where I live is very hot. So walking is out of the question for now. Even when I walk, I get weak very fast. I just know, things will get better in time for both of us. Hang in there!

I am finally starting the banding process after going back and forth for over a year or so. I am so excited for my new life change. And super excited that I found this site.! All I am waiting on is my first appointment with my surgeon to set everything up ???Š

As time begins to dwindle down to surgery day' date=' a lot of questions are starting to arise that are scaring me!

[*]Will people still see me as smart and caring, or just pretty and thin? ( probably not )

[*]Will I give up on this, like i have on EVERY OTHER DIET? ( god, that scares me)

I've had many thoughts like that. Up until the surgery I kept my positive thoughts but I was banded 2 days ago and I feel terrible. I have to take 20-30 pills a day which I'm not because they upset my stomach. Otherwise some gas some pressure some pain. The meds are affecting me because I don't have anything in my stomach. About a dozen small sips of tea a couple bites of popsicle ice chips and 1/4 c chicken broth. That gave me alot of heartburn. But I'm trying to keep a positive outlook. Just a week of this and then 2-3 wks of thicker liquids. Don't keep second guessing yourself. I've always used my weight as a shield against unwanted advances. I've been married 45 years lovingly and mostly happy. So my life was saved by my dh and I need help to bring myself to a personal happiness. Banding has been the only option. Goodluck. Think positive. Your pysche will change along with your body but it doesn't have to be in a negative way.

I think we all second guess ourself more than once. Because I'll be four weeks out as of Tuesday and I just have times where I'm like I wish I wouldn't of done this and last week after being put in the hospital I was mad at myself and my doctor asked why I was crying I just told him its hard and he said it will get better. I still don't get a fill until September 10

I am laying in bed on the 3 rd day after surgery wondering if this will be worth it. I just had a little chicken broth and my stomach hurts. I have been drinking fluids just fine but my breathing is short and I feel tightness in my chest. I had a hernia repair as well so I am sure that is bothering me too. I just want to cry.

I had my surgery on 8/14. Feeling much better but still sore around the port site which kinda burns most of the time. After I eat or when I'm close to being done it seems to hurt a little more. I feel like that area bulges out a little more too. Is that a sign of fullness? I'm just trying to figure everything out. Don't think it's anything stuck. Not drinking liquid with meals either. Any ideas for mushie foods? Also having trouble getting enough Protein in. For those recently banded it does get better a little bit each day. Remember to rest and take your pain meds!

Cwinkler we have all had second thoughts and doubts about this process. And I think you raised some important thoughts... We won't be the same people at the end of our journey. The journey will change us. We will feel better about ourselves, be more outgoing, and have more energy. We will be better versions of ourselves!!! I think our relationships will be better because of how we feel and how we live. I can't wait!!! How is your pre-op going? I had to do four weeks!!

I am laying in bed on the 3 rd day after surgery wondering if this will be worth it. I just had a little chicken broth and my stomach hurts. I have been drinking fluids just fine but my breathing is short and I feel tightness in my chest. I had a hernia repair as well so I am sure that is bothering me too. I just want to cry.

It really does get better. You're in the worst of it now but each day you will feel better, I promise :)