Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know this will make me sound weak and pathetic but here it goes. I've been banded for 5 days now and I'm hating this liquid diet. I can't take anymore Water, broth, Protein Shakes, jello!! I'm always hungry! The broth makes me feel bloated and anything makes my stomach hurt because its so empty. I don't know what to do. I'm on a liquid diet for 3 weeks and I notice I'm constantly in a bad mood. Help or advice please!

I have been banded for 6 days and I am on the liquid diet too. I however am not fortunate like you. I am barely getting to drink half a cup of Water and chicken broth. did you buy a variety of Protein Shakes? Its hard to find good tasting healthy shakes. try using cambells Soup. drain the noodles or rice and drink the juice.< /p>

I don't think you sound weak or pathetic. It's hard! Very hard! I was banded 7 days ago and I feel like I'm starving my body. I have no strength or energy at all. I'm sick of all the clears as well. I also feel bloated after broth. I wish I could give you some great advice but this is new to me to. Just know your not alone and as hard as it seems I'm trying to take it day by day and just pray it will get a little easier as we go. Best of luck to you hang in there!!

do you all get that lump feeling when you sip your liquids?

Thanks. And I eat chicken Soup and I've strained the bits but to be honest it tastes like salty pee to me haha. And because of the salt I'm incredibly bloated after. I feel like I'm going to faint when I return to work and it makes me nervous

It sucks, it really does. I was in the same boat as you. Extreme hunger pain, along with surgery pain, gas pain, ect. It does not make you pathetic it makes you human. This stage is not easy. I had a MUCH easier time with the preop liquid diet. All I can recommend is a variety of blended Soups. Are those allowed on your preop diet? I made a homemade potato Soup, tried butternut squash soup, mushroom soup, lots of different soups in those 2 weeks. Also try and get a hobby watching TV was even hard because all the food commercials. I was depressed the first week and a half. All I can say is 2 weeks ago I was EXACTLY where you were and it does get better. I felt like my body was rejecting my band and I just knew I made the worst mistake of my life. I was mourning the loss of food too. My friends and family have all be eating for different parties and get togethers (all heavily centered around food) and I felt very alienated and alone. I remember crying to my boyfriend " Its ok , I dont care about being fat" So if you are weak and pathetic then so am I. Keep your chin up it does get better I wish you luck and a speedy recovery.

Yes Adrienne I do sometimes if I take too big of a gulp but it doesn't last long. Maybe your band is tighter then mine

lol what about Jello and Popsicles? I know we can't live off that but maybe after the Soup have a jello or Popsicle to get the taste out. or maybe eat a sugar free mint.

It sucks' date=' it really does. I was in the same boat as you. Extreme hunger pain, along with surgery pain, gas pain, ect. It does not make you pathetic it makes you human. This stage is not easy. I had a MUCH easier time with the preop liquid diet. All I can recommend is a variety of blended Soups. Are those allowed on your preop diet? I made a homemade potato Soup, tried butternut squash soup, mushroom soup, lots of different soups in those 2 weeks. Also try and get a hobby watching TV was even hard because all the food commercials. I was depressed the first week and a half. All I can say is 2 weeks ago I was EXACTLY where you were and it does get better. I felt like my body was rejecting my band and I just knew I made the worst mistake of my life. I was mourning the loss of food too. My friends and family have all be eating for different parties and get togethers (all heavily centered around food) and I felt very alienated and alone. I remember crying to my boyfriend " Its ok , I dont care about being fat" So if you are weak and pathetic then so am I. Keep your chin up it does get better I wish you luck and a speedy recovery.[/quote']

Thank you. This really helps. My dad isn't helping either. He tells me to stop drinking Gatorade because its full of sugar. But to be honest if I don't drink Gatorade my stomach pains are horrible with just Water. My family right now isn't supportive and I feel alone but you ladies help me feel better. I fell like they don't understand and I feel bad for snapping at them but I'm just so HUNGRY!

Oh my god! Tv is also a killer for me too! I used to eat Taco Bell and seeing their commercials mealy kill me!

Thanks for the support! I really appreciate it!

I swear the ONLY commercials on tv are food! Lol

I get the lump to. I try to just take very small sips and swallow slowly.

I haven't had a fill yet so i don't know if im just very swollen or if they pre-filled me. I sip it and its like i feel it in my chest traveling down. afterwards I get a feeling like its coming back up but it never does.

I haven't had a fill yet so i don't know if im just very swollen or if they pre-filled me. I sip it and its like i feel it in my chest traveling down. afterwards I get a feeling like its coming back up but it never does.

It took me 9 days before my swelling went down. Everything about my surgery has been abnormal it seems. I just found out my stitches are infected and I am allergic to the stitches they used in surgery. My whole stomach is just swollen 0_0

i know I had to limp away. i kept seeing commercials for pizza. it drove me wild but i just keep saying five more days before I get to move on to phase 2. mushy foods.

how did you know? did they leak or get like crust around the outside?