Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Today

Weight now: 269 :faint:

Exercise today: 30 min (10 min at 2mph and 5 incline on treadmill; 10 min on the weight bench focusing on Triceps, biceps, and quads; 5 min on the Recumbent bike at full speed = heart rate up to 130; 5 min on Ab lounger)

Diet: Strict adherance to Nutrisystem.

Will check back in later today to report.

Weight now: 269 :faint:

Exercise today: 30 min (10 min at 2mph and 5 incline on treadmill; 10 min on the weight bench focusing on Triceps, biceps, and quads; 5 min on the Recumbent bike at full speed = heart rate up to 130; 5 min on Ab lounger)

Diet: Strict adherance to Nutrisystem.

Will check back in later today to report.

Dang Penni,

Way to rock it girl! You did good!:clap2: Keep it up. Your exercise and your food (bad word here, "diet") I believe it can work for you. Keep posting here and let us know what and how you are doing.

Yeah it's costing me 35.00 per session as I took the bigger package but he told me that my goal weight and time frame I have was very realistic and with his guidance, he could get me there. He stressed the utter importance of nutrition as being one major factor with regards to continuous weight loss and proper muscle building/sculpting.

We worked out on the circuit machines today, just to get reaquainted with the machines, not a real workout, but 1 set of 15 reps and seating numbers by example, etc.

I expressed concern about lifting weights and if it would slow my weight loss and bulk me up, he stated, "NO WAY! If anything, you will lose weight faster, you will tone up and depending on the amount of weights you use, you can determine how big or how small you wish to be by manipulating repetitions and heaviness." He said it is going to be exciting to see me transform and watch me hit goal. :)

He inquired about how much cardio I was doing and the frequency. I told him that I run or bike or both daily, at least 30 minutes to 2 hours. He thought that was great and stated that there would be no problem with continuous weight loss as long as I was reaching goal heartbeats per minute. I have been doing 145 - 165bpm and for my age, my minimum bpm for cardio zone is 123. He said it was a complete waste of time if I wanted to lose weight and didn't reach cardio zone, which is 65% over resting. He said he can burn just as many calories walking and have the same great workout as a person running on the treadmill, all he has to do is UP the incline. If I up the incline once per week .5% that my body would not be able to get used to the same workouts.

He inquired about my nutrition. I told him what my diet consisted of and he felt that it was perfect for what I will be doing but that I may get hungrier and to ensure that I drink more shakes or eat more meat and a complex carb at least once per day. That's when I voiced concern about my diet again. I stated that I was drinking 2 shakes per day, yogurt and nice hearty dinner, sometimes more yogurt depending on how hungry I am. He stated it was perfectly fine as long as I was eating in intervals, 5-6 meals per day, small meals and b/c I am drinking 2 of them, that was fine. I do need more wholesome meals that will ensure I stay full so that I don't munch or snack. He stated that I should have shake for Breakfast, yogurt snack, Shake for lunch, high Protein meat/or tuna for snack, lean meat, veggies and complex carb for dinner and then if I am hungry again, have a yogurt (low fat or no calorie snack 2 hours before bedtime). Since the workout regimine he has planned for me will be intense, I need to take in more calories. I should be taking in a minimum of 1200 - 1,800 per day to start. :)

Whoa! No freakin way! I am having a hard time getting in 1,000. But...I will try. He said it was really good to eat a baked potato right after a hard work out to replenish my body with complex carbs to ensure I maintain my energy level.

We start serious training next week. Today and tomorrow is just planning and getting aquainted with the circuit machines. He said that we'd use them but not as much as we will use free weights:nervous

Hey guys, been going to the gym 5 days a week!!! 30 min on the treadmill for 2 miles and burning over 300 calories. And then on to the weight machines to try and tone some of this up. So I've been feeling pretty good. Down 2 more pounds in a week, more inches than I remember.

That sounds great Telly, I'm so glad it went well today and he seems like your kind of guy, he's really going to help you get to goal!

Kristie, that is soo awesome. Not only did you go to the gym, you lost 2lbs, lost inches and you feel great! That's the best feeling.

EmileeKaye - I think this is going to be fun. I can't wait to really get started. Today and tomorrow is all about getting reaquainted with the circuit machines and it was pretty cool. All of the equipment looked brand new and the machines made now are more reliant on the person's movements and more independent than they used to be. Before, they were just back and forth or up and down, only one way-ish. Now they move all around giving you full control. I like it better now.

I'm gonna kick some major Melly ass these next few months. He gave me the Accreditation Schools name for where he got his certification. Says it's about Anatomy, Physiology and something else. I got the first 2 down pat. It's a weekend test, 2 days-ish I think. I will wait to see at the end of my goal.. if I still really want to do it. I learned so much from him today. He even said that he thought I had the personality that would make this line of work easy for me, etc. and... No he was not flirting, at least I wish he was. Haha, I'm just kidding.

Elliptical today 30 minutes!! It really kicks my butt!! I hope it gets a bit easier when I get into better shape. I have it on level 8 so I think that makes a difference on how incredibly hard it is. I used to only be able to do 15 minutes so i am making some progress it is just slow.

~Liz~

banded 03/10/06

Dr.Ortiz

241/199/150

5'7''

Elliptical today 30 minutes!! It really kicks my butt!! I hope it gets a bit easier when I get into better shape. I have it on level 8 so I think that makes a difference on how incredibly hard it is. I used to only be able to do 15 minutes so i am making some progress it is just slow.

~Liz~

banded 03/10/06

Dr.Ortiz

241/199/150

5'7''

Iulizbug,

That's how progress begins. You start off slow and work your way up but you are at 30minutes which is great. According to what I have read, the minimum required time spent on cardio in which your body begins to burn is 20minutes and you are at 30. Imagine 45 minutes to 60. The weight will just melt off then. Level 8 is intense, btw. Great going!:clap2:

hi everyone! i am back from my doctor's appointment where i learned that i am officially down 40 lbs! yay! i'm half way there! this is really encouraging me to get in that exercise daily.

monday: i did overcome my morning oversleeping and commit to a night workout. i did 5 miles on the treadmill @ 4mph, 5% grade. but i didn't get in any resistance training

tuesday: in the morning i did 20 mins on the treadmill 10 at 4mph 5%, 10 at 5pmh 5% grade (my first run in a few years), then 150 arm exercises, 300 crunches and pilates things, 300 leg lifts. then at night i walked another hour at 3.5 mph 5%. i think this was helped by the high of knowing that i'd lost 8 lbs in the last month.

wednesday (today): 30 mins 4pmh, 5% grade. 150 arm exercises, 300 stomach, 300 leg lifts. i'm trying to get more resistance in there.

telly, that trainer sounds great! i'll be very interested to see what effect the resistance training and weights has for you. i'm always looking for new resistance exercises, so if you come across any good freeweight ones, please share!

this morning: washed, vacuumed, and armour-all'd my vehicle

later:

Buns of Steel (1st portion) & Abs of Steel videos (levels 1 & 2)

150 bicep curls w/ 4 lb. weight

150 tricep curls w/ 4lb. weight

150 lateral raises w/ 2lb. weight

150 toe (calf) raises

100 butterly curls

06/14/2006 - Lower body Circuit Training Day

5 minutes Treadmill, cardio warmup

Leg Curls - 15 reps, 2 sets

Leg Press - 15 reps, 2 sets

Abduction - 15 reps, 2 sets

Adduction - 15 reps, 2 sets

Calves - 15 reps, 2 sets each

Squats - 15 reps, 2 sets each

Lounges - 15 reps, 2 sets each

Abdominal - 15 reps, 2 sets each

Cardio Workout

1 hour on Arc Trainer - burned 600 calories

15 min on Treadmill burned (I donno, calorie scan not working)

06/15/2006 -

4 mile run on the treadmill at home @ 4.5 - 5.0 mph, pulse 155 - 163

06/16/2006 - Day off (Traveling this day)

06/17/2006 - Upper Body Circuit Training

5 min treadmill run at 4.5 mph for warmup

Chest press - 15 reps, 3 sets

Chest Fly -15 reps, 3 sets

Rear Delts - 15 reps, 3 sets

Bicep Curl - 15 reps, 3 sets

Tricep Curl - 15 reps, 3 sets

Shoulder - 15 reps, 3 sets

Back Row - 15 reps, 3 sets

Back & something else 15 reps, 3 sets

Abdominal 15 reps, 3 sets

Cardio Workout

40 minutes - Arc Trainer

August deadline, yes you will! Wow chica you are doing some amazing things! I get so proud everytime I read your posts. We should be all moved in the next two weeks, then its time for me to hit the gym everyday. I'll be asking you for some advice.

Keep up the great work Telly!