Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Today

Ok, that's what you call planned parenthood. Pretty impressive. It's also a good idea to get at goal weight and then get pregnant...with hopes and good exercise habits and nutritionist to keep you feeding the baby but not gaining too much weight. A good weight gain from pregnancy is 30 - 45lbs. So if you are at 135 (not remembering your goal weight), you'd not have a difficult time losing it all after the baby.

I think I'd like another one too but I'm kinda scared at this point. I'd like to lose and get my PS. I have a boy and a girl but I feel like I am missing someone... I think another lil girl or boy is calling. I don't feel complete yet, is that weird?

Plans for Today

I'm walking/jogging/running for 4 miles

200 crunches (uggh)

DID

Jogged/ran for 1 mile in 10 minutes

Biked 16.5 miles in 1 hour

200 crunches

Exercise

05/25/2006 - Day out at Dance/Dress Rehearsal for kids dance class

Walked 1+ miles with kids in Celebration

05/26/2006 - Plans for today are

16.5 mile bike ride

3 mile treadmill run/jog/walk

100 regular crunches

100 legs up/twisiting crunches

50 leg thrusts (for lower abs)

25 leg lifts each side

25 inner thigh exercises

YES, I WILL DO ALL OF THIS TODAY TO MAKE UP FOR YESTERDAY. Gonna go ride my bike right now while kids have breakfast.. :)

Ok, I was with the kids yesterday and previously promised myself I wouldn't take anymore pics of myself unless I hit 190lbs but I am 198 today and feeling great. These pics were taken yesterday in Celebration, Florida where the kids dance rehearsal took place. The pictures were taken by myself, my son and my daughter. I'm seein a difference. I'll show befores and afters in a few weeks in the before and after thread but if anyone is curious, i'll show a glimpse of my before and it's not full body here...

052606before.jpg

And here's yesterday's camera phone pictures

celebration052506.jpg

You look fabulous dahling!

Exercise last night kicked my ass! I did the program on the treadmill that makes it like you're walking up and down hills. Mercy. I can feel it in my butt today. It was good though. Sweatin' like a crazy person! I love it!

Today is my day off :cake:

OMG!! First time I've read this thread.....you people are amazing!!

Today I did a pretty impressive thing myself........I walked - I walked into the fitness center for the first time!!! I had sat in the parking lot and cried several times, but today - I made it through the door. And I wrote a check. And I bared my soul to the trainer. And I walked 10 whole minutes on the tread mill. Ta-da!!! (then i came home and slept 2 hrs, but things will get better)

I understand exactly where you are coming from. I cried many a day before signing checks for this whole weight loss venture. I am sure that every penny will be worth it. Now.. if I can just find a good personal trainer.

You did great GayleTx and I hope you post here daily.

you look wonderful! you go!

yesterday:

hungover and did nothing. (part of my ongoing battle with partying and not losing)

today:

back with the program.

- treadmill 45 mins, 4.1 mph, 5% grade - i think next week i'll go to 5.5%. i don't think i can walk too much faster right now

- 120 arm exercises

- 100 crunches on exercise ball

OMG!! First time I've read this thread.....you people are amazing!!

Today I did a pretty impressive thing myself........I walked - I walked into the fitness center for the first time!!! I had sat in the parking lot and cried several times, but today - I made it through the door. And I wrote a check. And I bared my soul to the trainer. And I walked 10 whole minutes on the tread mill. Ta-da!!! (then i came home and slept 2 hrs, but things will get better)

Hey Gayle!

You did the hardest part - yay for you! The next hardest part is to do it again!

Seriously, that first step is a killer! I started out by making myself step up on my Treadmill every day and turn it on - even if I turned it back off again after one minute. After you're on there, it gets easier to go another minute, or even two. I'm up to 30 minutes every day at a pretty good pace, 3 mph, and have on occasion gone for an hour or longer. Even 10 minutes a day is a huge improvement over what I used to do. NOTHING! lol

Congratulations on taking that first step. Follow it up with another one and meet me back here tomorrow.

If you'll post your exercise here, I will too. Just to keep us "underachievers" in the game! Can you believe what these people are doing every day? If I thought I had to keep up with them, I'd just give up right now. Hopefully, I'll improve as time goes by and I'll be right up there running and biking and all that craziness right along with them!

i actually do add in a 20 min pilates tape a couple of times a week... most weeks. i do the denise austin power yoga and pilates tape sometimes. more recently i have been doing the winsor pilates 20 min circle workout. that's a good one. the circle makes you work your arms, legs and butt while doing core exercises. so a good double duty kind of thing. what do you do? class or tape?

I haven't yet. I'm wondering what all is involved and if it's something I can do with my compromised knees. Any input there?

Plans for 5/28:

Abs of Steel video - levels 1 & 2

Buns of Steel video - section 1 (inner & outer thighs)

100 toe raises

100 bicep curls w/ 4lb. weight

100 tricep curls w/ 4lb. weight

100 lateral raises w/ 2lb. weight

50 butterfly curls w/ 2lb. weight