Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When you eat untoasted bread or something your body can't handle. Only been on solids a few days and found myself nervously eating at a funeral service yesterday. I ended up eating some regular sandwich bread and about a third of a tortilla wrap. To this point I've only eaten toasted 45 calorie wheat bread.

Had no problem getting it down. Honestly if it weren't for the incisions across my chest I'd start to wonder if I really had anything done. But late last night (and all day so far today) I have a pain across my lower left side and into my mid abdomen. I'm extremely nauseous and having diarrhea. It hurts to even bend over. It reminds me of he first day after the surgery.

Any clues? Did I get the bread down and now it's just siting there? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. My surgeons office is closed the entire week for the holiday.

Thanks.

It doesn't sound like a stuck episode. If you'd gotten stuck you'd have felt it immediately not hours later.

Plus, being stuck has nothing to do with causing diarrhea.

Honestly, it sounds like either you have a bug or something else going on.

It might just be your body reacting to new food and not liking it yet???

I ate a few things early and my body didnt tolerate it well!

Follow your play for your safety!!

Doesn't sound like a stuck episode.

Don't be afraid to try all "carbs" or other foods (meats, etc.) .... don't go into this journey...saying "I'll never be able to eat this or that ever again." I can eat ANYTHING except rice or apple skins.

For me rice and apple skins don't get stuck they just feel strange going down I don't eat them. If you do have an "episode" with a particular food don't be afraid to try it again at another time in a few days or weeks.

Remember... you have the band for life... you should be able to eat a well balanced diet from all the food groups and ENJOY your food.

Don't forget to make sure if you finish what you have in your mouth before you take your second or third bite.

I couldn't go through life without my Pasta, steak, roast beeft... or a sandwich now and then :)

TX...if you have any questions or would like to chat on the phone I have free long distance and would be happy to call you.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 160 lbs

tomander@bell.net

Didn't think it was a "stuck" based on how y'all describe it. Really feels like I swallowed a football and its just sitting in my gut!

Thanks for all the insight. It's only been a couple of weeks and you guys have really been an amazing help.

Holy cow stuck. When I think stuck I thing slime first yuck

When you eat untoasted bread or something your body can't handle. Only been on solids a few days and found myself nervously eating at a funeral service yesterday. I ended up eating some regular sandwich bread and about a third of a tortilla wrap. To this point I've only eaten toasted 45 calorie wheat bread.

Had no problem getting it down. Honestly if it weren't for the incisions across my chest I'd start to wonder if I really had anything done. But late last night (and all day so far today) I have a pain across my lower left side and into my mid abdomen. I'm extremely nauseous and having diarrhea. It hurts to even bend over. It reminds me of he first day after the surgery.

Any clues? Did I get the bread down and now it's just siting there? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. My surgeons office is closed the entire week for the holiday. If the pain and issues persist I say you go to ER!!! Do not think twice about it JUST GO!! There is no such thing as a minor issue it is better to be safe and overreactive than SORRY!!!

Thanks.

Doesn't sound like a stuck episode.

Don't be afraid to try all "carbs" or other foods (meats, etc.) .... don't go into this journey...saying "I'll never be able to eat this or that ever again." I can eat ANYTHING except rice or apple skins.

For me rice and apple skins don't get stuck they just feel strange going down I don't eat them. If you do have an "episode" with a particular food don't be afraid to try it again at another time in a few days or weeks.

Remember... you have the band for life... you should be able to eat a well balanced diet from all the food groups and ENJOY your food.

Don't forget to make sure if you finish what you have in your mouth before you take your second or third bite.

I couldn't go through life without my Pasta, steak, roast beeft... or a sandwich now and then :)

TX...if you have any questions or would like to chat on the phone I have free long distance and would be happy to call you.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

tomander@bell.net

That is super sweet of you to do that for him!!! Pay it forward!!! Kindness Counts for something in this world!!

TX... I'm sort of retired so I'm available to chat during the day and most evenings... I'm also a late night person.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

tomander@bell.net

This might sound weird, but have you tried taking some Gas-X? I'm thinking you have a stomach bug, and gas along with that. I've had incredible pain with gas since being banded, not like before, and Gax-X helps me.

Best wishes to you!!

So - an update.

Just got home from the ER - sent there by surgeon.

Turns out the pain is from cellulitis. A bacterial infection of the skin cells. Last night my wife noticed that the area I was complaining about looked a bit red and felt warm. This morning it was bright red and hot to the touch.

So I got a round of IV antibiotics and the promise that if its not down tomorrow when I go back, I get to spend the long holiday weekend as a guest of my local hospital. My 5 year old son does think its pretty cool they drew a big black circle on my tummy with a Sharpie.

Hopefully I will start to feel better tomorrow. I'm so glad for a "pushy" wife.

So - an update.

Thank you for the update. I will pray for your recovery...

I love that your child is amused, but please monitor it closely!!

Just got home from the ER - sent there by surgeon.

Turns out the pain is from cellulitis. A bacterial infection of the skin cells. Last night my wife noticed that the area I was complaining about looked a bit red and felt warm. This morning it was bright red and hot to the touch.

So I got a round of IV antibiotics and the promise that if its not down tomorrow when I go back, I get to spend the long holiday weekend as a guest of my local hospital. My 5 year old son does think its pretty cool they drew a big black circle on my tummy with a Sharpie.

Hopefully I will start to feel better tomorrow. I'm so glad for a "pushy" wife.

I spent 9 days with cellulitis in the hospital because I developed a full body rash from the meds they were giving me. They gave me cortisone and it helped finally. Otherwise, they were going to transfer me to a hospital 150 miles away. Just be careful and make sure they document everything,

Hope you feel better soon.