Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery (Houston) on 07.15 - Dr. Scarborough (but hearing a lot of people rave about True Results?)

Hello! I'm new here tonight. I scheduled my LapBand for 07.15. I'm nervous but ready for this to happen and to have a new start. I'm using Dr. Scarborough (Medical Center) - he's the only one I consulted with (recommended by my friend) but I'm hearing so many good things about TrueResults here... wondering if I should check out TrueResults first? I'm self pay ($11,100). Any tips? Any Houston LapBanders? Any July surgeries?

I'm going through True Results in Houston and am having my surgery next week. I really love everything I've gotten from them so far! I don't know if it would matter because you're self pay, but they did a wonderful job submitting everything to my insurance, getting a response, and scheduling my surgery very quickly. They also were very supportive and patient with all of my questions when I went for my consultation at the downtown office. I'm having my surgery with Dr. Wilkenfeld in Conroe and though I haven't had my surgery yet he and his wife have been awesome so far, as well as his office staff who I've talked to sooo many times on the phone with all of my detailed questions. I can't wait to start living the banded life and think that the staff at True Results will definitely be a huge help with that. I have heard excellent things about all of the surgeons in Houston, though, so I'm sure you'll be in great hands either way!

I am using True Results in Houston as well. I have been very pleased with them other than the occasional long waiting times (I waited 4 hours to have my pre-op meeting with Dr. Reilly--yikes!!). I am self-pay and True Results was less expensive. I did a lot of research however and everyone seemed happy with True Results and the surgeons there, so I am happy with my choice.

Im using TrueResults in Hurst, TX and I will have to say... they have been pretty amazing! TrueResults is great in general but like mentioned, because you're self pay, it may be easier to stay with the surgeon you have now, as long as you are confident and comfortable with them! TrueResults is really a great tool and advocate to use if you have to go through Insurance, as they help you with making it a much easier task then doing it on your own. Also my surgery is JULY 22nd... just a week after yours! woo hoo! Exciting.

Keep us updated on everything!

I'm going through True Results in Houston and am having my surgery next week. I really love everything I've gotten from them so far! I don't know if it would matter because you're self pay' date=' but they did a wonderful job submitting everything to my insurance, getting a response, and scheduling my surgery very quickly. They also were very supportive and patient with all of my questions when I went for my consultation at the downtown office. I'm having my surgery with Dr. Wilkenfeld in Conroe and though I haven't had my surgery yet he and his wife have been awesome so far, as well as his office staff who I've talked to sooo many times on the phone with all of my detailed questions. I can't wait to start living the banded life and think that the staff at True Results will definitely be a huge help with that. I have heard excellent things about all of the surgeons in Houston, though, so I'm sure you'll be in great hands either way![/quote']

Wilkenfeld is amazing. I had my surgery last month and he got me set up quickly and at a discount because of hernia.

I went to multiple places multiple times before deciding who I used. I actually drive a lot farther to use wilkenfeld because of the great reviews and the interaction with him and his office. True results its self was a nightmare for me but with all honesty it's because my patient advocate wasn't the best/was always too busy to help me

I made an appointment with True Results on Friday and though I was REALLY WARY of going there (mainly because the commercials are so cheesy!), I am actually going to go with Dr. Hollis. It was between Dr. Hollis and Dr. Reilly (and both had great reviews on here from other people in other posts) but I chose Dr. Hollis just because he has 25+ years surgical experience among a bunch of other memberships/accolades. I was actually pleasantly surprised by True Results - they were all very nice, did a much more thorough exam of me that first appointment (EKG, physical, full medical history, blood work, breath test, etc) and I met with several people from my Patient Advocate (who had it done by Hollis 4 years ago) and a Nutritionist (who had it done 6 years ago) during my appointment and I just felt comfortable with the process. I had to move my scheduled surgery with Scarborough from July 15th to Hollis on July 17th - which wasn't bad at all. I just didn't want to move it too far back as I was already mentally prepared to have it done that week. Also, even though I'm self-pay they are going to check my insurance just to see if anything can be covered by them - which would be a nice treat. Not only were they more attentive and thorough at TR than Scarborough - its also a little less expensive ($9,888 vs $11,100 - which doesn't matter, I wouldn't make a surgical decision based on that small difference) but TR includes in their cost 12 monthly visits/fills whereas Scarborough only includes the first 90 days and that is just a "visit" not necessarily a "visit + a fill". TR just appeared to be more thorough and had better personal care than Scarborough. Thanks to this forum for giving me good tools to make me investigate/check out other doctors. I think I made the right choice. Now July 17th can't get here soon enough!

Bringing..... go with your gut... if it tells you to check around... do so... if not, do what you feel. My thoughts... No one ever regrets a second opinion. Are you able to talk with other patients? Go to support groups? I would check in to those things...

I lived in Houston and went to a support group there and remember hearing good things about Dr. Scarborough.