Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it just me!?...

Or am I the only one that is terrified of stretching my pouch even though I only eat one cup at my meal... And no more after.

I'm so afraid that any food I eat will stretch it and so I drink while I eat so it can wash down.. I know I'm not supposed to..

I'm at the point where my Weightloss has slowed drastically and I think my thinking is something is wrong with my band and that's why I drink Water while I eat so I don't ruin it more? That might be stupid but what are your thoughts?

-BriannaXOXO

Only been doing this about 2 weeks not the whole time...

-BriannaXOXO

If you're sticking to a cup of food or less per meal, eating slow, and taking small bites you have nothing to worry about.

Besides that, a stretched pouch wouldn't lead to slowed weight loss. Plateaus are a normal part of the process and all intentionally washing the food immediately through while you're eating will do is hinder the band's ability to send a satisfied single to your brain.

Stop drinking with your food. It delays the full signal. You will not stretch your stoma if you eat cup at a time and chew well. Drinking with your meal will just make you able to eat more and get hungry faster.

You didn't mention it, but are you exercising too? It might be that you just need a change of pace for you to break a slow loss plateau. Even do some calorie cycling if you are into that. The reality is that if you are eating only a cup of food...even with drinking Water you will keep losing weight as long as you are expending more calories than you are eating...but too little food will slow your metabolism and make your body think its starving (thus hoarding your fat)...follow your nutritionist guidelines for calories and types of food and you'll be fine.

Or am I the only one that is terrified of stretching my pouch even though I only eat one cup at my meal... And no more after. ;)Might be a common fear ,I'm not sure? let's just say if you eat too much and get uncomfortable you'll never do it again ;)

I'm so afraid that any food I eat will stretch it and so I drink while I eat so it can wash down.. I know I'm not supposed to... well then I have to ask, why are you? Were told NOT to drink for a reason, which is to allow the food to stay in the "pouch" longer for satiety I don't know where your at in your journey, 1 cup of food should allow you to feel full for 3-5 hours depending on what you consume. Drinking as I think you know speeds that process along. :(

I'm at the point where my Weightloss has slowed drastically ​It might be because your eating more? or more frequently?and I think my thinking is something is wrong with my band and that's why I drink Water while I eat so I don't ruin it more? That might be stupid but what are your thoughts? I think your defeating the purpose of your band..Relax........

GOOD LUCK!!

I am also worried about stretching my pouch! I'm only 6 wks post op, I've never had a stuck episode, but I'm still afraid that I may be taking too big of bites therefore stretching my pouch. I would be so upset to find out I did damage when I never had any obvious signs (ie, pb, vomiting).

Symptoms of pouch enlargement include lack of satiety, heartburn, regurgitation and occasional chest pain. The diagnosis is made with an upper gastrointestinal series

If your not experiencing any of these problems I think it's safe to say your fine..But if it really bothers you call your Doctor.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3038361/

I would say not to worry about stretching your pouch if you are only eating a cup full of food. Do you feel full after that cup full? Drinking with your meals kind of defeats the object of the band as you just kind of swill the food down the plughole IYKWIM. That could be why you have plateaued as you can always eat more if you have a drink at the same time. Everyone has months where it seems no matter what they do they stay the same weight, my advice would be at a cupful you arent going to be stretching the pouch and start some exercise to kick up your metabolism, it absolutely made the difference to my weight loss and overall body shape. Well that and a very good plastic surgeon...... ;)

Thank you everyone for your advice!!! I really appreciate it!! Yes I'm exercising at least 4 times a week and with my job I'm on my feet all day. And I only eat one cup especially when I drink because I know I could eat more but I don't.

Ive never gotten to the point where I'm super full people say you'll know when you've ate to much but it's never happened. Maybe I'm used to small portions now. Ima worry wart! Lol..

-BriannaXOXO

Really? Well my nurse said that it would slide right through..

-BriannaXOXO