Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fluid amount during surgery

I went to my first post op appt today assuming I would get/want a fill. I never got to ask the surgeon on the day of surgery how much Fluid he put in my band. I asked at the appt and they said 6 cc's in a 10 cc band. OMG!!! I can't believe the surgeon put in so much. I told them I didn't want a fill because I think I have enough for now (surgery was May 6, 5 weeks ago). I'm just wondering if anyone else had that much fluid put in during surgery?

I got 3 cc's at surgery.

I'm curious how you've been handeling it? I'm wanting to ask my doctor to put in some Fluid during the surgery.

I didn't even know there was Fluid in the band, until I went for my first fill. I found out that at the time of surgery, he completely fills the band, and then lets the Fluid run out. Whatever is left after this process, stays; typically around 3 cc's.

My surgery was 3/25/13, and I did very well for about 3-4 weeks. Then went into bandster hell. The first fill took me from 3 cc's to 6.4. About three weeks ago I had a second fill, and I'm now at 7 cc's. I believe I'm now in the green zone :-) I eat small portions (about 2/3 cup of.....lets say, Chili). I'm full for a good 3-4 hours.

I'm curious how you've been handeling it? I'm wanting to ask my doctor to put in some Fluid during the surgery.

Honestly, I'm surprised there is that much in my band. I haven't had any stuck episodes and can eat pretty much anything. Since I went on solid foods (3rd week after surgery) I stay satisfied for at least 4 hours between meals. I thought that was because I'm eating too much since I haven't been measuring my food. I've been measuring time. I wait 1 minute between each bite and eat for 20-25 minutes. I guess it's been the band the whole time. I haven't lost as much weight post op as I wish (about 14 lbs in 5 weeks), but I guess that's decent. I'm going to stop eating what I want (in small doses) and start doing low carb. Hopefully this will make the weight really drop off.

I had 5 cc in a 10 band. I did get fill 1 month later and still not in the green zone!!! Hopefully u hit it quickly! So far I'm going for 3rd fill!!! Think I'm extremely close but not quite there!!! Pre op wt 258!!! Day of surgery 248 and today 230!!! Surgery date was April 8, 2013 and right at 2 months out

I got 1.5cc during 5/28 surgery in a 12cc band. Lost 12 lbs in 12 days but I think I am now eating too much - need to focus on breaking old habits. It will help, I think, when I return to work tomorrow.

I had 5 cc in a 10 band. I did get fill 1 month later and still not in the green zone!!! Hopefully u hit it quickly! So far I'm going for 3rd fill!!! Think I'm extremely close but not quite there!!! Pre op wt 258!!! Day of surgery 248 and today 230!!! Surgery date was April 8' date=' 2013 and right at 2 months out[/quote']

Had my 3rd fill two weeks ago, I'm at 7.6 cc in 11 cc realize band. Still no difference. It's frustrating, but hope that I'm getting closer is the only thing keeping me sane at this point. ;)

Well u might be right at the tip of getting there!!! I hv a girlfriend now that has same amount as u and lost 17 pounds !!! Stick to your cup and exercise and Water its coming I promise!!!

Could I have misunderstood? I swear my surgeon said that he put NOTHING in my band. And didn't at the first post-surgical visit (2weeks later).

I go Wed for my first fill. Surgeon said he wanted to let heal from surgery before he started fill. So at this point, eating right, has been pure willpower - no help from a band.

Could I have misunderstood? I swear my surgeon said that he put NOTHING in my band. And didn't at the first post-surgical visit (2weeks later).

I go Wed for my first fill. Surgeon said he wanted to let heal from surgery before he started fill. So at this point' date=' eating right, has been pure willpower - no help from a band.[/quote']

My surgeon told me that the realize and lap band companies legally don't allow them to put any Fluid in the band to give your body time to heal. They won't touch it until 6 weeks after its placed.

I really didn't understand when my surgeon told me i got 1.5cc at surgery. I am certain he told me there would be no saline at surgery to avoid slippage, per manufacturer's recommendation. I didn't protest because I wanted the immediate restriction, tho in retrospect I have bern stuck 3 times and am afraid the vomiting could have already caused damage

WOW! You sound as if you are already in the "green" zone. you have a very aggressive doctor. Mine did not put anything into my port, but he did put a small fill, I think 3 cc into my sons. And don't look 14 lbs as nothing. That is fantastic for little over a month! Hurrah!!!!

I didn't think 15 lbs in 3 weeks was good. I am so nervous about eating anything other than smoothies, but I'm trying to put real food back into my diet, one thing at a time.