Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pacific Northwest Self-Pay Patients

I'm originally from Oregon and thought this might of interest to those living in the Pacific Northwest. I found this website while researching something other than pricing, but wanted to share it with everyone.

The self-pay price indicated below is the same as what I paid here in Louisiana. I'm not sure whether or not it covers a year of follow-up care and fills like mine does but it's worth looking into.

Quoted directly from website:

"Special Pricing for LAP-BAND!

For self-pay patients, the Northwest Center for Weight Management is offering the most competitive packaged price for LAP-BAND surgery in the Pacific Northwest: $12,800.00 includes the hospital, surgeon, and anesthesiologist fees. For more information, call us at 1-800-823-6525."

https://www.fhshealth.org/bariatric/paying.asp

It looks as though they're based out of Tacoma, WA but will operate in partner hospitals in Enumclaw, University Place, Federal Way, Gig Harbor and Lakewood.

*CHOKE*SPUTTER*GAG*COUGH* Doh!

Self-pay, Boise, Idaho $26,000. *sigh*

I wonder if I could retrun mine for a refund and go get one over there?

*CHOKE*SPUTTER*GAG*COUGH* Doh!

Self-pay, Boise, Idaho $26,000. *sigh*

I wonder if I could retrun mine for a refund and go get one over there?

Ouch!!

LOL @ a refund! You're a nut (no pun intended, of course).

Thanks I researched this since I am in Puyallup, WA near Tacoma/Federal Way.

The doctor is Dr. Oh: http://obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeon+profile+Ki+H+Oh+ml.html

http://www.ohtobethin.com/

The price is $12,800 which does not include pre-op testing or psychiatric eval. However, if you have Medicaid like I do, testing is at St. Francis hospital and Medicaid "should" pay for it. The psych eval is only less than $300.

I have an appointment next Wednesday and he is booking surgeries for end of July!

Best of all he doesn't reject you based on high BMI's.

Thanks!

Tina

Thanks I researched this since I am in Puyallup, WA near Tacoma/Federal Way.

The doctor is Dr. Oh: http://obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeon+profile+Ki+H+Oh+ml.html

http://www.ohtobethin.com/

The price is $12,800 which does not include pre-op testing or psychiatric eval. However, if you have Medicaid like I do, testing is at St. Francis hospital and Medicaid "should" pay for it. The psych eval is only less than $300.

I have an appointment next Wednesday and he is booking surgeries for end of July!

Best of all he doesn't reject you based on high BMI's.

Thanks!

Tina

Dr. Oh is the only surgeon performing lap band for this program? If so, that's odd.

Edit: nevermind, I see that there is another surgeon - Myur Srinivasan Srikanth, MD.

Dr Steven Tersigni in Coos Bay , OR is less than that, i believe, and an excellent doctor. his fill person, is also excellent. Wherever you go, it's very important to have a local person available for emergency unfills and problems. This can make the difference between doing well or not - or even losing your band to complications.

Medicare and Medicaid are also paying for banding, at certain designated "Centers for Excellence." This includes Dr emma Patterson in Portland. Call her to find out more.

Why go all the way to Seattle or Tacoma?

Renee

The Seattle Wish Center I believe is the cheapest. Dr. Tersigni is like $12,800 when everything is totaled. There is a Doctor in Richmond, WA who is also around the same price along with Northwest Weightloss Surgical Center. When I checked Dr. Oh and his associate were the cheaper but that has been about 6 months ago. Dr. Fox and his associate do surgeries the same place as Dr. Oh so maybe around the same price? I'm going to Dr. Fox for fills since the place I went before doesn't do them anymore. I went to TJ, Mexico for my re-banding and it was $6,900 plus airfare. I just couldn't afford anymore and insurance didn't cover any of it.

April

Interesting info. I called Dr. Tersigni's office and the cost is $10,200. There's an initial consult and some lab work which insurance covers for some patients because it's coded to their co-morbitities. The psych eval is $300.

I left a message for the Wish Center for someone to call me back with their current rates. I've never heard of any U.S. doctor less than $10k.

At these prices I might be more likely to do the surgery locally (if I finally get up enough nerve) than to go to Mexico.

Britt

I saw the $10,200 on Dr. Tersigni's website but called about six months ago and with everything total it brings the price up to $12,???. The wish center is suppose to be $10,500 total. I don't know much about the wish center as they were so hard to get ahold of.

April

Drs Hansen and Alldredge in Sandy, Utah

$12,761.00 - That includes surgeon, assistant, facility, anesthesia, and one year of follow-up/fills.

Dr Steven Tersigni in Coos Bay , OR is less than that, i believe, and an excellent doctor. his fill person, is also excellent. Wherever you go, it's very important to have a local person available for emergency unfills and problems. This can make the difference between doing well or not - or even losing your band to complications.

Medicare and Medicaid are also paying for banding, at certain designated "Centers for Excellence." This includes Dr emma Patterson in Portland. Call her to find out more.

Why go all the way to Seattle or Tacoma?

Renee

I'm already banded (and originally from Oregon) so I have no need to go to Seattle or Tacoma. I did, however, want to let others in the Pacific Northwest know of self-pay prices similar to mine here in Louisiana.

I guess BC counts as the Pacific Northwest right?

My surgery is scheduled through Dr Leung in Surrey, BC (a suburb of Vancouver). I am self-pay and it will be costing me $13,000 CDN. The process seems to take approx. 4-5 months from first phone call to surgery date.

Wow, I live in Western Washington and Surrey would have been so close for me. I tried finding out about getting lap-banded in B.C. but all I ever heard was they'd all retired or were about to and to try Toronto. I hope the information can help someone else though. Giblert, thanks for your information!