Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok fellow lap band peers, I need your expertise feedback. Today I had a bite of a hot dog (bad I know) at 1:30 and took a drink of lemonade. I immediately felt pressure and began to burp and this slimy stuff came up, needless to say I did throw up but could not get rid of the pressure or stuck feeling. It is now five hours later and when I drink Water I start burping/belching and when I tried to eat some edamame, it came right back up. This is the first time I have felt like this and not sure what I need to do. Will this feeling go away?

This feeling will go away.

After a stuck episode liquids is best. Your esophagus is swollen and needs to rest. Try a cup of hot or warm tea. Sip slowly. People eat hot dogs you just have to eat is slowly and take tiny bites and chew chew chew. I do not know when you were banded so i can not tell you if you are ok to eat Hot dogs.

Good luck and take it easy.

Wendy

Go to Walmart and buy yourself a bottle of papaya enzymes. When u feel like that, take 4 chewable tablets. Since I got stuck a couple of weeks ago, I've been very scared to eat meats and I take it for as a precaution anyways now cause when I feel tight, it helps me. Plus, it helps the digestive track. I had meat for the 2nd time last night since my horrible stuck incident of 2 weeks ago and can honestly say that I feel good about it. They are cheap and if it works, bonus for you and if it doesn't work, then you lost only a couple of bucks. its certainly worth a try.

Thank you ladies. I tried the hot tea last night and went to bed thinking I would feel better today. I got up felt fine and took a gulp of Water, since I'm sooo thirsty and the feeling came right back!! Ugggg!! I will go to Walmart any buy the papaya tablets and see if that helps it.

Are you suppose to burp and belch a lot with the band? I have been since my stuck episode yesterday and that's what seems to cause the slimy stuff to come up/out. Sorry to be so detailed, just really seem to having a hard time lately!

Are you suppose to burp and belch a lot with the band? I have been since my stuck episode yesterday and that's what seems to cause the slimy stuff to come up/out. Sorry to be so detailed' date=' just really seem to having a hard time lately![/quote']

I do belch a lot with the band, but it is because I eat and drink too fast. I only have a small fill.

If you are still sliming, you should stay on liquids for a day to see if the swelling/irritation goes away. If not, I would contact your doctor in a couple days. You cannot let yourself get dehydrated.

Hope you feel better soon.