Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not gonna lie...I'm so embarrassed...but I'm not gonna lie.

Glad you're feeling a little better.

I gather from the liquid prozac mention that you struggle with depression or other issues generally. I do too, I have severe bipolar disorder. I understand feeling those pits of despair and not being able to crawl back up, hehe.

But what you've got to do- and the only thing I can do to keep myself afloat most days is learn to rationalize with yourself. Don't go expecting these huge results overnight. Will you teeter totter on the scale? Abso-freaking-lutely. There have been times in my weight loss journey where I'd lose a pound. Gain two. Lose a pound. Gain two. Lose 5. Teeter tottering is SO normal. Remember there are tons of different things that can make you teeter between 1-2 (maybe 3-4 pounds) regularly. Water weight, that time of the month, that time of the day, what you ate last... the list is gigantic. Here's what you need to rationalize about though.... As long as you're not gaining more than 5 pounds (in my opinion 5 is ideal) and you're typically maintaining or losing, you're doing AWESOME.

Don't beat yourself up. Makes things a million times worse.

The donut sticks won't help, either.

Much love, and good luck!

I am 3 days post-op and I am STARVING today for the first time since surgery. And when I mean starving, I mean "hungry hungry hippo" starving ;) Luckily, I am able to eat mushy food, so I tried some Tomato Soup and later pureed tuna with a teaspoon of fat free mayo. As much as I was hungry, I ate a couple of spoonfuls and couldn't eat anymore because my stomach began to growl and I'm unsure if it was because I might've eaten too fast, or stomach is just adjusting.

I'm head hungry and believe me, there's nothing more that I want than to throw some tortilla chips into that Soup and call it a day... but I keep telling myself that with TIME, I'll get to eat that. Right now though, I have to follow doc's orders and allow my stomach to heal before I can progress to solids next month.

And I'm craving just about everything right now... It's going to especially be hard once I go back to work and have to be taunted my the vending machine and all the delicious smells from everyone's lunches. I don't even want to think about it yet!

Don't let that donut stick win. You have so much more to look forward to in a couple of months!

My first week out from surgery, I too felt that with nothing but liquids I should be losing, afterall I lost 10 pounds on the preop liquid diet. To my surprise I was up 3 pounds from day of surgery! I took note of what others here said, this is a time of healing not weightloss that will come. I told myself at that point and time I am not going to be a slave to the scale. My plan is not to weigh more than once a week.

I've been in the bathroom in tears as I watched my family eat a nice cooked out meal with all the fixins while all I could have was liquids. We've all been there.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Take it one day at a time, you've come too far to give up now! Good Luck.

I am 1 week post-op today. And it has been nothing like I thought. From the IMMENSE pain where my port is' date=' to being HUNGRY! Like hungry, hungry hippo hungry! What?!? Plus when I weighed myself this morning, I'm thinking ok, one week out, 2 days w/ virtually no calories and then the next 5 days averaging about 750 cals a day, this oughta be good, right? What loss do I see? 1.4 lbs! What what?!? Are you kidding me?!? All the pain and misery for that?? I've lost more from having a good BM! So I threw in the towel. I gave up. I did what I know and do best and that is go to my kitchen to find my comfort. I went right to my pantry and grabbed...

a donut stick.

And ate it. And felt fine. Truth is I advanced myself well beyond what the guidelines are for my timeframe. I started mashed potatoes and refried Beans at 4 days post op. I was hoping the donut stick would make me feel sick so that I would be more inclined to stay away next time I'm drawn to that nasty, sugary place, but it didn't.

But anyway, I am now in the depths of despair. If I am doing this poorly on my diet at a week out, barely losing weight, am I doomed to fail? I'm afraid I made the biggest mistake of my life getting this surgery and that I won't be successful whatsover. How do I fix this? Can I fix this? Can I fix me? :([/quote']

Did u have a pre op diet? I lost about 4 pounds after 3 Weeks post op,, then it just started falling off, quickly, even though I am in bandster hell I am losing. I kept at it, even when I want losing. I did slip up, but got back on track.