Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you have lost without fills please advise!!

I was banded on 3/22/13 I have lost 22 lbs. since banding and 31 total. I have no problem with my surgeon, but his nurse is HORRIBLE -- so I feel I am doing this on my own.. I changed to a different office and will have my first appointment since surgery on June 5th.

would like to talk with those who have lost without fills.

I am losing 1 -2 lbs a week, Haven't gained but stayed the same the week I started eating real food. I have 40 lbs more to loose.

I am happy with this loss and Have the full feeling at 1/2 cup of food.< /p>

Thinking if things are going good why mess with it. I see so many that get too much or not enough..It gets to be expensive and I am going away for the whole summer 7 hours away from my doctor. And it means a day off work each time I visit the doctor.

Thank you for reading. I have gotten real good information on this site.

Many people lose weight comfortably without a fill. You have to remember, the band itself has absolutely nothing to do with your metabolism or weight loss. The band is there to control your appetite, and when your anatomy is as such that the band is tight enough to control your appetite without a fill, then that's all you need. This very much seems to be the case with you (you're lucky!).

As you lose weight and your stomach shrinks you'll likely need fills eventually. But right now, if I were you, I wouldn't get one. You seem to be doing great without it.

I have lost 68 pounds to date with no fills. My doctor has a policy of no fill if you have lost more than four pounds in the last month. I actually have an appointment on Friday that I need to call about. I have lost almost six pounds this past month. I haven't seen my doctor since January because of my weight loss. I call each month though to check in and let them know of my progress.

I prefer this method. I have gotten sick or stuck since surgery. My cravings have been almost eliminated and eat significantly less with each meal.

Good luck with your appointments!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I had my surgery on Feb 21, 2013, and so far havent had any fills. I have lost 37 pounds so far. An average of 2 pounds per week. My surgeons PA said that I dont need fills that I am doing good with just the band.

I haven't had a fill, but my dr. did put some Fluid in the band during surgery. Seems he put in the right amount!

I haven't had a fill, but my dr. did put some Fluid in the band during surgery. Seems he put in the right amount!

puppy said what i wanted to say....

I had my surgery April 1, and have not had a fill. My doctor said I don't need to see you unless you don't lose at least one pound a week. I have been losing steady.... Have lost 45.3 pounds since the start of my preop 03/19....

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

was banded on January 14th and including the pre-surgical diet, I'm down 61 1/2 lbs. with no fills. my surgeon says that while it is not the norm, it's working for me and I shouldn't look to get a fill unless I really need one. so far, I'm doing fine without any. and I also have had no stuck or sick issues. I use myfitness pal to make sure I'm between 950-1,100 calories a day and so far, so good.

Thank you all for the feedback.. Some awesome weight loss. I had my second week this week with no loss. But NO gain . I wonder why I just now got the email that I had a response to this post.. OH Well. thank you all again.. I haven't had any support only negative responses from my surgeon's nurse so I switched offices and have an appointment on June 5.

3 years since surg and never had a fill lost 140 lbs

That's incredible!

I also use My Fitness Pal, which was a recommendation from my surgeons PA and it has been working great.