Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Y husband wants pizza what do I get. I have had one Protein Shake at around 10 am

if all you had is a shake today, then you need to eat if hungry

pizza is not very filling (bread)..but eating a piece wont hurt...but try to eat better quality foods

I was gonna get a grilled chicken sandwich

I was gonna get a grilled chicken sandwich

grill chicken and veggies is great.....if it was me, leave off the bread

Protein fills you up and helps you feel full longer...in my opinion, bread does not

when i eat, i am gonna makeit count

dont overthink it

go out with hub and enjoy dinner :rolleyes:

Or would a grilled chicken sandwich no bun and a container of Wendy's chili or is that to much

Or would a grilled chicken sandwich no bun and a container of Wendy's chili or is that to much

Here is what DO in this situation - go into a 7-11 or almost any gas station and you can by a Protein shake they almost all cart muscle milk - get the lite one if they have it.

This will give you safe meal enough Protein get a bottle if Water also

Lee

They told me two weeks then I could start solid food

They told me two weeks then I could start solid food

This decision will set you up for failure or success in the future. Also why is your husband sabotaging you is the bigger question.

Lee

Here is what DO in this situation - go into a 7-11 or almost any gas station and you can by a Protein shake they almost all cart muscle milk - get the lite one if they have it.

This will give you safe meal enough Protein get a bottle if Water also

Lee

GREAT suggestion. I'm 3.5 weeks out and found myself stuck and hungry one day. I chose to starve until I got home...why didn't I think of a 7-11 or grocery store!! **duh!**

This whole changing your mindset takes awhile.

@sweetpea...chicken AND chili is probably too much. Eat just some chicken...you'll be happier for it in the long run.

A small chili at Wendy's fills me up. Sometimes I get a half salad to go with it and I'm never able to finish it.

GREAT suggestion. I'm 3.5 weeks out and found myself stuck and hungry one day. I chose to starve until I got home...why didn't I think of a 7-11 or grocery store!! **duh!**

This whole changing your mindset takes awhile.

@sweetpea...chicken AND chili is probably too much. Eat just some chicken...you'll be happier for it in the long run.

Hey LB Anna,

Mindset change is a perfect way to describe it! Two things I do that have helped a ton w/food

1- I buy the pouches of flavored tuna and I tape a plastic fork to the back of the pouch. Then I place them in my car, back packs, workout bags office desk etc... Then I ALWAYS have instant ready to eat Protein no prep required !

2- I actually map out where all the places are in the areas I travel locally where I can buy quick food - certain gas stations n 7/11's carry hard boiled eggs ready to eat - fruit - Greek low fat yogurt plus they almost all carry muscle milk (not my fav Protein shake but will do in a pinch)

Preparation lends itself to piece of mind - lowers stress equals less "crazy" in my head - less cravings

Lee

Stay away from bread, if you do eat pizza make sure it's minimally topped and get the thin crust so it's super crispy. If not, just eat the toppings off the pizza.

To be honest, it seems as if you're still thinking like pre op. You have just had radically life changing surgery where your intake had been drastically reduced. 2 weeks post op and I was still moving slow and took me over an hour to eat a Greek yogurt.

Also as some people suggest, keep ready sources of Protein, though I wouldn't recommend more than one Protein shake a day, unless it's an emergency. You're better off getting it from natural sources.

Finally, it does seem a bit like sabotage for your husband to even suggest pizza you at this stage. I'm not saying he's a bad guy, but this soon after surgery you still have a "fat mindset". One thing I learned with my boyfriend... Just because you live under the same roof doesn't mean you need to eat the same meals. My boyfriend eats whatever he wants, meanwhile I eat whatever I need to. I can think of quite a few occasions where he's gotten fast food and I have eaten some fast home food.< /p>

But if you're dead set in eating where he eats, there are healthy options everywhere. If we go to McDonald's, I get small fries, 4 piece nuggets, and unsweetened iced tea. If we go to Jack in the box, I get grilled chicken strips with teriyaki sauce and small curly fries (and I can't eat all the fries). Rather than get a chicken sandwich, just get grilled chicken. Our if it isn't too bad just get a cup of chili by itself.

I know it seems like people are attacking you and your husband here, but they are just concerned for you, so please don't be scared off. We just have been where you are (I've lost 75 pounds in 4.5 months). Right now is the time for you to have an Iron will. Think of how much the pre op diet sucked, think of how much the pain of surgery sucked, the nauseous feeling of the anesthesia recovery, the pain of surgery you went through, the scars you now have (permanently) on your stomach, and think of how the 2 weeks post op diet sucked.

Do you really want to ruin all that with eating exactly what you have been told not to eat on your first or second time back on solids? (Namely grease, sodium, bread, etc)

Any way, good luck!