Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confused by fills

Hi can anyone help I was banded end of jan and not lost anything!!! the weight i lost was post op and it allwent back on soon as i started eating normally after the liquid stage i am gutted but think I'm relying on band to work some miracle!! Had two fills and last one for first few weeks I had few stuck episodes and couldn't eat some stuff, however over month later I can now eat whatever and it doesn't get stuck? Is that normal or have I stretched it?! Going for another next weekend just stressed out and gutted I thought this was my answer but now not so sure :( thanks x

It sounds like you don't have enough restriction. It can take 3 or 4 fills to reach that point. Everyone is different. I remember after everything healed from surgery that I questioned the amount of restriction I was NOT feeling and wondered how hard it was going to be to follow the plan. However, after my 3rd fill, I hit the magic "green zone" and have never had a problem since. You'll know when you're there, because you won't feel hungry and will feel that sense of satiety when you're supposed to. If your surgeon does your fills under fluoroscopy (hopefully), they'll be able to tell you if anything is stretched or out of whack.

Thank u just confused me as I did have some restriction but lost it this week?! When they do fills they just inject me they don't check it it amazes me she knows exactly where it is but I just lie down get the full and go!

That's not a good method to do a fill. It irritates me that any office would do that. I have never had an unguided fill. You should ask for it. Not only to fill the right amount but also to see if everything looks okay in there.

Yeah I was surprised especially as I paid private I said don't u check it she said I don't need to I can feel it!

For me, accepting that I would have to put in some work to see the weight come off was discouraging. But once I accepted this fact and trusted that the "tool" I received would work....if I did....then it made things less confusing. With that said....maybe it's time to ask to have the Dr check the band to make sure there is no leaking and everything looks fine. Once you know everything is ok....then you can reevaluate what your doing and start losing. Good luck!

If you have enough Protein intake you should be satisfied between meals. I could eat well beyond what I eat normally, and I wouldn't get sick or stuck, but by following the diet recommended by my nutritionist I find I am satisfied and living on under 1000 calories a day, with 90 grams of Protein.< /p>

Another key is to exercise, if you can. Even something as simple as walking can do miracles over time. If you're not keeping a food diary, I'd suggest starting one to get some idea of your calorie and protein intake. The band will only do so much... it is one tool out of several that is needed for success.

It's so true about the Protein. I find that when I eat JUST protein at a meal, I'm satisfied for much longer than if I have some protein and a carb. Even if it's a complex carb, I'm much better with protein alone. Or, protein with a little bit of veggies.

Yeah I was surprised especially as I paid private I said don't u check it she said I don't need to I can feel it!

Yikes! Wow! What in the heck is that?

Oh boy, I would really consider another doctor. Sounds like your doc has a God complex to me. Sheesh.

Well, I'm really sorry you have to go through this. It's such a tough spot to be in. You want to trust the person who put the band in you. Things are tough enough as is.

I think DetChatt really nailed it. You are so far from restriction and the green zone in my opinion. Hope you get there soon and would be great if you let us know when you do.