Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

South Arkansas

Anyone banded in South Arkansas. A support group would be nice. Even if it is online. I was banded Feb. 05. Dr. Clay Wellborn in Little Rock is my physician.

Have you checked with the LapBand Surgeons in Texarkana to see if they have a support group? Dr. Hekier posts on LBT so I would think they would have a support group also. M

I live in the Russellville area. Dr. Wellborn did my surgery on 1/27/06. I have lost 26 pounds since then.

There is a support group meeting scheduled for May 16th at St. Vincent's by Dr. Wellborn's office. This will be the 2nd meeting. I wasn't able to make it to the first meeting. Jamie who had lap-band surgery and works for Dr. Wellborn headed the meeting. She has lost over 100 pounds. This may be further than you want to drive but I think I will make the hour drive myself. I will e-mail Jamie for the details time, topic, etc.

How much have you lost? How may fills have you had? What band do you have? I have the 10cc VG Band.

;)

Have you checked with the LapBand Surgeons in Texarkana to see if they have a support group? Dr. Hekier posts on LBT so I would think they would have a support group also. M

Yes, the team Dr Keilin and her husband, Dr Hekier, have a support meeting on the second Monday of the month. They also have a seminar they hold for information for those considering having the lapband. The siminars are held on the second Tuesday of the month.

I had my surgery done yesterday at Wadley Regional Medical Center. I had lost 13.6 pounds during the 2 week pre-op. I am sore today, but it is not enough yet for me to have to take any pain medications. I expect to be back at my job on Monday.

Judy Ann

I was banded on May 3, just 6 days ago. Things are going great, and I went to my first support meeting last night. It was very informative. Since first signing up on April 19, I have lost 20 pounds.

I just happened to stumble onto this web, and have been reading lots of postings. Everybody seems so eager to share their experiences and all seem to be so optimistic that you just can't help getting excited!

Judy Ann

Hi everybody! I'm in Conway. I was banded by Dr. Rex Luttrell in January of 2005. I have lost 80 lbs so far. Nice to meet ya'll!

Hi Jessiebear~ I am from south of Texarkana and was banded May 3, just 9 days ago. I have lost 22 pounds since I signed up, 9 since I was banded. I had 2 weeks of slimfast dieting, pre-op. What kind of diet were you on? You have done great! Nice to have you aboard!

Judy Ann

Thanks! Before surgery I had to do 3 weeks of clear sugar free liquids. It was awful, but i made it! It has been slow going for me, but at least I'm losing! Congrats on the 22 pounds Judy Ann! Since banding, or I guess I should say since I have gotten restriction, I just eat my Protein first & stop when I get full. I make sure I get at least 70 grams of protein a day. Even if that means I have to drink a Protein Shake.< /p>

I live in Camden and I would really like for us to get a support group closer to home too. Dr. Wellborn did my surgery on Nov. 19th. I love my band, 62lbs gone so far. Only 38 more to lose till I reach my personal goal. My best friend lives right down the road from me and she was banded 7 weeks ago and has lost a bunch of weight already. I know of several people around me that have been banded that would probably like a support group too. Keep me informed.

Hey all! I'm a new member considering the Lap Band. I'm also considering having my procedure done by Dr. Wellborn. Any advice from y'all will be appreciated.

Freeradical

Little Rock

I'm in Jacksonville. I drove to Houston and was banded by Dr. Hadar Spivak on the 24th of May. I know it's early but I'm still having some discomfort at the port site and what feels like extreme reflux. I was very slow to wake up from anesthesia, so maybe I'm just going to be a slow healer?? Though I didn't use a local Dr. I would be very interested in a local support group. Hope everyone can add me to their contact list. Thanks all!

jobelle,

I'm a little concerned. Haven't found any posts from you in quite a while. Let me know if you are doing alright.

Freeradical

Hey Freeradical-

I'm doing better, discomfort is subsiding. It's only occasional now.

I'm down 11 pounds since banding last Wed (5-24). I usually jump on here two - three times a week just to see what's going on, see how everybody's doing. Thanks for asking...jobelle:)

Jobelle,

I' glad to hear from you! I'm glad you are better. I figured from everything I've read that it would be about a week before you could see progress concerning the pain/discomfort. Have you been able to swallow pain medication? I think I could get through the rough part if I could get pain med in me. If I do this, I plan on taking a week off from work or more if I need it. Do you think that's a good idea? I'm 57 y/o and probably take longer to heal.

Hang in there and keep posting. I would like to know how you do.

Freeradical

Hi Freeradical-I didn't have any problem with pain med. I got a script for liquid on my discharge, so it's flavored pretty good too. I had my last need for pain med on Mon..I did go back to work the following Tues. after my banding on Wed., but I was miserable with side and low back pain. I did take a little "swig" of pain med on Fri. 4:45am. I wished I had waited another week, but I only work 1 day a week right now anyway-poor me, huh :girl_hug:. I'm a dental hygienist so it's still pretty physical though. Personally if I were you, I would take that extraweek. Talk to ya another time....