Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

South Arkansas

Jobelle,

Thanks for the advice. I'll take it. My office is across the hall from my bedroom. If I get too worried about my work I can just walk across the hall. I plan to be extremely caught up before my surg date. I think I've about made up my mind to go through with it. I've tried to imagine how it will be not to be able to eat some of the things I eat now. It will be strange alright, but I'm determined and once I set my mind to something I'll make it work. I realize the importance in following the pre and post-op instructions, so if my doc does his job right, I'll do mine. I'll be glad when the mandatory support group meeting night gets here (next tues). I still have questions, and once they are answered to my satisfaction there won't be any reason not to press on.

Thanks for your reply. I hope you are still doing good.

Freeradical

Hi Jessiebear~ I am from south of Texarkana and was banded May 3, just 9 days ago. I have lost 22 pounds since I signed up, 9 since I was banded. I had 2 weeks of slimfast dieting, pre-op. What kind of diet were you on? You have done great! Nice to have you aboard!

Judy Ann

I am from Hope, and saw some posts from you back in June, and was wondering how you have done. I had surgery on 7-5-06, and am trying to see how folks do who have benn banded close to the same time as me. Also, do you go to the support groups in Texarkana any more? I know I have to go for at least one year, but I wondered if everyone was as determined to go as I am, and what the doctors do if you don;t. I know they said they could make you start paying for your fills, but do you think they ever have? Mizboo

I was banded on 7/7 in Little Rock. I have not had the grand weight loss as most have had. I haven't even lost 20 lbs. I have an appointment for my 6th fill on 1/17. I have 3.3 cc of saline in my band. I can still hold too much food. :hungry: I feel great, but I'm really ready to get this show on the road. I started at 207 and I'm 189 now. I waited too long between the 4 & 5th fills and I didn't learn to make my next fill appointment before I left the Dr. office each time. It's a process for sure and not at all as effortless as I had hoped.:)

Slow but sure.

Lia G.,, I feel sure that you will be living the band life by the time January's meeting rolls around. I was banded on Wednesday, and was at the meeting on the following Monday night. I was still a bit gassy but I was there with bells on. Now my husband is going to be coming with me and my sister. He is scheduled for Jan. 31 so he needs to get in the habit. Keep me posted as to how things go. Mizboo

Please Ignore Previous Message!! Trying To Answer Two Different Messages And Got It All Screwed Up!!! My Bad!!!! !

I'm new to this site but it is great hearing about the loss. Not very good on computer skills. I am in central Arkansas and was considering Baker but it sounds like most of you used Wellborn??? How are people out there doing in maintaining weight? And what is up with the pre-op diet? I guess I have more to learn before I do this.

I had my band also by Dr Wellborn the most awesome man alive saved me There is a support group in Little Rock on Jan 9th I made it my new years resolution to attend everyone this year you should join us I will be happy to meet you at the door and walk in with you I am excited about getting to attend them I only got to attend one last year after my surgery and I need support lord knows. I really hope to get to talk to you

Jan 9th is when I go to the seminar at St. Vincents. I will definately need support afterwards though. I do know one girl that did it and she has not lost weight. I am going to go to the seminar and then think long and hard.

I would really like to go to the support group meetings in Little Rock, but I live in Camden and I am 2 hrs. south of L.R. I do not get off of work in time to make the drive. I get the e-mails from Jamie though and look forward to them each month. Keep in touch with me.

Hello, I live in E. Camden. I am going for my first consultation with Dr. Luttrell tomorrow and hope to set a surgery date for mid February. I will be self pay since my insurance has a specific bariatric exclusion.

There seem to be a lot more LBs in this area than I ever imagined when I first started researching the subject!

Hello. Just thought I would let you guys know, especially ones located close to Texarkana, there is a Texarkana Bandster's thread. The doctor team their is Dr. Heiker, and Dr. Keilin. Just in case you are interested.:confused:

Surgery date set for Feb 19!

Good luck Ouachita, hope all goes well for you!!!!!!!!!!! Be sure to let us know how you get along.